Circular Swap #5: West Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to try indie makeup!

Also, I would love to know what your general and/or specific wish lists are. That way I don't put anything in the box that nobody wants.
I just posted a new trade list with specific wish list items.  The link is in my signature.

The only general wish list item I have is nail polish.  I've been suffering from a mild obsession for the past year or so. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been suffering from the same obsession. I'm running out of places to store my nail polish. To make room, I've been trying to get rid of any that I know I won't use.

I've been suffering from the same obsession. I'm running out of places to store my nail polish. To make room, I've been trying to get rid of any that I know I won't use.
I'm trying to do the same thing, but still my collection grows :unsure:

I've definitely run out of room and I don't need anymore, but that doesn't stop me from wanting them.

@@feemia great additions!! I'll add some polishes to the pile for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I even have some indies too. How do you feel about green holographic craziness?? Haha! 

@@bonita22 any chance I can get you to put the OCC mini liptar aside *whistles* Lemme know if you see anything on my trade list you want too! PS, shall we meet up again to swap?! I can even be good and wait for you this time and we can do it together haha.

I love holographic polish!  Indies may end up being my downfall. 

My taste in polish has changed a lot since I started really getting into it about 18 months ago.  Then I only wore red, coral, and nude; and I thought that I didn't like indies and glitter.  Today my polish is a blue and green glitter mix, and on my toes I have a bright purple with bits of blue sparkle.

@@rachelshine We should definitely meet! I would be happy to set the mini liptar aside for you. Can set aside the lady gaga fame rollerball? Let me know when you can meet.

I forgot to mark the items that have been swatched.

The pixie lip balm has been swatched and santized.

The pacifica perfumes have both been used 2-3 times.

All of the nail polish has been swatched.

I included a swatch wheel which has all the polishes except the Julep, but I didn't include a guide with the polish names.  Here's what's on the wheel starting with the pastel green and working clockwise. 

[SIZE=small]Color Club Breakfast At - pastel green[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear[/SIZE]

N[SIZE=small]ailtini Babydoll[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Essie Shake Your $$ Maker - bright green[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Essie Topless and Barefoot - nude[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Rainbow Honey Cameo 18 - pink[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Rainbow Honey Stellar Treat[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Essie Bottle Service - pink[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]I didn't put this one in the box - Sinful Colors Island Coral[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sephora by OPI Hi Def - orange[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sephora by OPI I Only Shop Vintage[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Costume Jewelry[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Indi-Glow[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sally Hansen Triple Shine Dive In[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sinful Colors Last Chance - dark green[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]blue holo mini[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yayyy just got the box today from @@feemia, nominating you for basically the best box starter / packer in history!! Gf knows how to pack a box full!! 

@@bonita22 Lady Gaga is yours! I'll shoot you a PM and we can figure out when / where to meet :)

Here's a quick peek of what I took:

IMG_3950.jpg

And what I am going to add:

IMG_3951.jpg

There small quad palette has been swatched and sanitized. The purple nail polish and been swatched once while the rest have not been used. There is a baby indie perfume that hasn't been used. I also threw in some uber random things (aka, orthotics *i've gotten like 3 pairs from random boxes* and some ~personal wipes~, very useful for dirty bars/portapotties!) 

I've never tried candles. I have a three year-old and a very curious cat so I can't exactly light them up, but if I saw them in a swap box I might take one for sure! It can be my little secret candle.
I have a candle warmer like this one.  Its great for avoiding singed hair and whiskers.  You can put wax melts or scented oils in the dish, or remove the dish and set a jar candle directly on the warmer.

21WRrdrtJXL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

Yayyy just got the box today from @@feemia, nominating you for basically the best box starter / packer in history!! Gf knows how to pack a box full!! 
Thanks for the quick pics!  I'm already getting anxious to get the box back and see what y'all put in.  

I'm glad I waited for my Rainbow Honey and Etsy orders to come before mailing the box.  I wanted to make sure there was a good variety.

So many posts!

I have a question for you ladies. I'm a BzzAgent and I recently received a few Paula's Choice Skincare kits for acne. Should I add one (or some) to the box? I think I received a bit too many lol.

They also included a code for 20% off with free shipping on their website FYI, I don't see any limit anywhere but I thought I could add it here in case anyone is considering or uses that brand (I'd never heard of it before): PRCLEAR20

So many posts!

I have a question for you ladies. I'm a BzzAgent and I recently received a few Paula's Choice Skincare kits for acne. Should I add one (or some) to the box? I think I received a bit too many lol.

They also included a code for 20% off with free shipping on their website FYI, I don't see any limit anywhere but I thought I could add it here in case anyone is considering or uses that brand (I'd never heard of it before): PRCLEAR20
I love Paula's Choice.  Thanks for the code, and I would would use one of the kits if you put it in.  I'd even give you a review for your bzzreport.

I love Paula's Choice.  Thanks for the code, and I would would use one of the kits if you put it in.  I'd even give you a review for your bzzreport.
Whoa, yay! Thanks @@feemia!

I'll put a kit in. I'd never heard of Paula's Choice and it's not "that time of the month" for me yet so I don't know how well the kit works (I always get zits around my period! gah!). But it's always nice to get BzzKits in the mail. 

I just finished going through the box. Here's what I took:

image.jpg

Here's what I put in.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The nail polish is all swatched. The full size UD eyeliner has been swatched a few times (I couldn't decide if I liked the color). I did use the sally Hansen Insta gel kit once but it just wasn't for me. Now to pack this box up!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think seeing someone pick things that I put in the box is as much fun as picking out things for myself.  I'm so glad I finally got to participate in a circular swap.  I didn't have enough stuff last year.

Back