Circular Swap #6 - General Disscusion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been interested in joining a circular swap.  I'm going to check out the requirements/other threads/my stash and hopefully I'll participate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@MrsShaw this is the link to the circular swap section of the forums.  You can look at previous CS.  Most people post pictures of what was in the box when it arrived, what they kept and what they added.  It will give you an idea of what to expect.  I think the calibama thread may have been the most active from CS5.  They went 3 rounds.

You will also want to take a look at a previous sign up thread as their are requirements to be able to join a CS.  The requirements relate to length of time as a member, number of posts, or trades with members who have left positive feedback on your trade.
Thank you, I will check Calibama out for reference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't done a circular swap since last year.  Are the requirements the same?  I've done 2 circular swaps here last year and I have positive feedback for 1 swap I think.  I just have way too much stuff piled up that needs to go.  XD

Thanks @@nikkimouse,

I have one swap going on now. I guess I'll just have to get more going!

Thanks for the info!
Just wanted to make an unfortunate note: Do NOT trade with @stephanieee36! She just sold me a FAKE UD Naked palette :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am currently trying to get my money back but she is actively denying it and wants me to send it back...

But I personally would love to be involved in the swap! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't done a circular swap since last year.  Are the requirements the same?  I've done 2 circular swaps here last year and I have positive feedback for 1 swap I think.  I just have way too much stuff piled up that needs to go.  XD
The requirements might change slightly, but should be pretty close to what they were in Round 5 <https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/130476-circular-swap-round-five-5-sign-ups/>. In general, the more positive swap-experience (one-on-one) and circular-swap wise, the better. 

Okie, I'm thinking signups for two weeks from 9/8/14 through 9/22/14 (kinda gets the back to school season out of the way, and it gives people a chance to ramp up their trading and participation ahead of signups).

Groups would then be announced 24th/25th -ish. And round 6 boxes are out the first doors by that first week of Oct. Hopefully that means we end before mid-November....in time for people to think about Secret Santa season.   Comments, thoughts?  

Is there a way to stop the boxes from getting so massive in circular swaps? I think they start off pretty manageable, but I think I saw one group had to send out a large flat rate box and a medium flat rate box at the end! That's $30 pretty much just for shipping! I'm sure it's all worth it to get rid of some of the stuff you won't use for awesome stuff you will, but it seems like that it kind of out of control! :lol:

Is there a way to stop the boxes from getting so massive in circular swaps? I think they start off pretty manageable, but I think I saw one group had to send out a large flat rate box and a medium flat rate box at the end! That's $30 pretty much just for shipping! I'm sure it's all worth it to get rid of some of the stuff you won't use for awesome stuff you will, but it seems like that it kind of out of control! :lol:
Yeah - I saw that and it was kinda ridiculous! I agree that reasonability limits need to be put into place. I'm thinking max one large flat rate box. And to do some self-policing within the swap group. Something along the lines of: "Hey group, there seems to be 5 J-Cat body glitter palettes in here and a giagantor bottle of musk body wash. Would anyone mind if I take these out and give them to a local shelter for their next production of Jesus Christ Superstar in order to make room for other stuff?"   I think sending out a shout-out on your swap round's thread asking if anyone wants certain things before consolidating the box size is fair warning. I don't think we want anyone here signing up here for a $30 shipping commitment.

Okie, I'm thinking signups for two weeks from 9/8/14 through 9/22/14 (kinda gets the back to school season out of the way, and it gives people a chance to ramp up their trading and participation ahead of signups).

Groups would then be announced 24th/25th -ish. And round 6 boxes are out the first doors by that first week of Oct. Hopefully that means we end before mid-November....in time for people to think about Secret Santa season.   Comments, thoughts?  
yay!  Thanks for the update.  I already have 2 boxes of stuff that needs to go.  I hope it'll all fit XD

I'd love to participate in the next circular swap! I'm going to try to post more actively so I can meet the requirements.

Posting for following purposes. I'm excited!!! Will you alert us on this thread when sign ups go up so I don't miss them this time lol

Back