Circular Swap Round 4: South

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, picture time! Here's what came in the box:
Here's what my mom and I took:
And here's what I put in:

Originally Posted by Robinssa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, I am checking in to see if this group would like to trade boxes and do 3 way swap with SoCal and Intro1 groups.
I'd be down with that - so how does it work? When the box starters get the box back from their group, they send it to the box starter in another group, and redo the swap cycle?

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Robinssa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, I am checking in to see if this group would like to trade boxes and do 3 way swap with SoCal and Intro1 groups.
I'd be down with that - so how does it work? When the box starters get the box back from their group, they send it to the box starter in another group, and redo the swap cycle?

It think that is how it is supposed to work.  Here is what tgooberbutt posted in the discussions thread.

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

**Second Time Around for Round 4 Circular Swaps**

Just as a summary and status update for the various boxes. The location and status of all boxes are still well know (hooray! nothing missing!). Intro2 box is already on it's second round, and is completing the round within it's original list.

The following are groups that are (close) to done and want a second round:

NorthEast is done.

NorthEast2 is either on it's way to the starter box participant, or is already there and done.

Midwest should be done next week.

The following groups have about two/three participants to go, and want a second round:

SoCal

South

Intro1

There are a couple of options for setting up a second round, and I suggest the following:

A three-way between NorthEast; NorthEast2; Midwest - NE sends their end box to NE2; NE2 sends their endbox to Midwest; Midwest sends their endbox to NE. Box starts from each group send to the first recipient of their respective 'sister' group. The boxes then proceed along their same/original order within each group - so everyone already has the mailing address of their next recipient. And earlier or later in the order shouldn't matter since these are all boxes that have seen 6+ people. NE/NE2/MW - if you guys are good with this, then will the box starters post up a reply to this forum?

Also, if anyone cannot/does not want to participate in the 2nd round of the box, PM me (tgooberbutt). Your original signup for the swap was only for one round, so you're not obligated for the second round unless you want to participate.

I'm not sure if the SoCal/South/Intro1 folks would be interested in swapping boxes between their groups? Please talk among yourselves and post a response up to this forum...you still have plenty of time to decide!

I think that's it for now! Have fun!

Ok, sounds good to me - since it will cost another round of shipping, we should probably make sure each person wants to join in for the second round, huh?

Plus, I know I put pretty much all the extra/unwanted samples I had (and then some) to make our starter box, but should have a few more coming from subs this month, but that may not be the case for everyone since we didn't know to hold any back for another round.

I just don't want anyone to be caught off-guard and have a box show up at their doorstep if they don't have extra money to ship and samples to swap, kwim?

Yes, I have the box.  Just got word to start round 2...

I may not have time to get to the post office tomorrow (volunteering at my son's school all day) - but should be able to put up pics tomorrow night.

Ok, got the box all packed up, hoping to make it out tomorrow, but it might be Monday (at the latest.)

Here's what was in it -

Here's what I took out - 

Here's what I put in -

I had to take the razor out of that box (it's still wrapped in plastic packaging, though) to get it to fit.  I'm also going to have to get another box when I get to the PO because this one is pretty beat up, lol.

Ooh, exciting!  Thanks for the picture, too!  Lots of things in that pic are catching my eye, lol.  Hoping some of that eyeliner makes it all the way through our list :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I sent the south box today - they should have it Wednesday.

ttanner - there were two things left in the jewelry box when I got it. I picked the orangey-brown bracelet, but I put the last thing back in the swap box.  I'll take a pic of it later on and post it.  Thanks for that, by the way - I used to make jewelry, too, but never got into the seed beads. I worked with mostly crystals and lampwork beads.  My first time at a bead show I was like Drooly McDripp at all the pretties.  Could've easily become a money pit - I wanted them ALLL, lol.  Since I started quilting, though, I gave all my jewelry making stuff to my sister...

Here's what came.
This is what I took.
This is what I added.
I need to go pick up a bigger box. It was bulging when I got it, now it won't all fit.

I feel compelled to put almost my entire trade list in the box! I just moved back to my school year apartment and I feel like I'm drowning in sample sized items. Someone would like some of my stuff, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Heck yeah! You have a nice trade list.  You don't have a wishlist, though...hopefully there are some goodies in the box that will earn a spot in your new place. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My wish list includes a new apartment with a really nice tub but I don't think that will fit in a flat rate box ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Heck yeah! You have a nice trade list.  You don't have a wishlist, though...hopefully there are some goodies in the box that will earn a spot in your new place. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I picked up 3 different flat rate boxes (the same medium that came but not beat up, the other medium, and a large, but none seem to be big enough.  We'll see.).  When I get home, it will be time to try to get it all to fit.  If not, at least one of the larger items will need to come back out.  If you see anything that I plan on adding that you absolutely have to have, speak up, or it might be one of the items pulled out.

Back