Companies who I know are not resellers. Who make their own makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GlamourDollEyes is a retailer from TKB Trading. Their "Strawberry Cupcake" is the same than the "strawberry pop" (TKB)

And Aromaleight is a retailer too, for example their "Orchid" is the same than "Bishop Violet" from TKB Trading.

Originally Posted by Ju000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif GlamourDollEyes is a retailer from TKB Trading. Their "Strawberry Cupcake" is the same than the "strawberry pop" (TKB)And Aromaleight is a retailer too, for example their "Orchid" is the same than "Bishop Violet" from TKB Trading.

Seems their coral reef is the same too. I just bought some colors from GDE the other day too :/ I hope not all of their colors are repackaged because they are so much more expensive than TKB. Their blueberry lush is probably repackaged too and their grape :/

Originally Posted by Ju000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif GlamourDollEyes is a retailer from TKB Trading. Their "Strawberry Cupcake" is the same than the "strawberry pop" (TKB)And Aromaleight is a retailer too, for example their "Orchid" is the same than "Bishop Violet" from TKB Trading.

Oh MY! I've ordered from Glamourdoll eyes recently, I just wanted to make sure.. And Aromaleigh?? I would never think that way!! I only ordered from their LE ones, so i don't know about their regular lines!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Flowind /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh MY! I've ordered from Glamourdoll eyes recently, I just wanted to make sure.. And Aromaleigh?? I would never think that way!! I only ordered from their LE ones, so i don't know about their regular lines!
frown.gif
I don't know for all e/s from Aromaleigh, I think somes are dupe some maybe not. For GlamourDollEyes, all are dupe.

But for a USA girl, I think is not too bad to order in the TKB's retailers, the price is ok, but for an no-USA girl, TKB is a better choice. I love TKB, you only need a good primer for stuck their mica and a good brush
wink.gif
And you can play to mix them anf create your owns e/s ^^

My primer = UDPP (colors are more vibrants than the TooFaced).

Originally Posted by Ju000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know for all e/s from Aromaleigh, I think somes are dupe some maybe not. For GlamourDollEyes, all are dupe.
But for a USA girl, I think is not too bad to order in the TKB's retailers, the price is ok, but for an no-USA girl, TKB is a better choice. I love TKB, you only need a good primer for stuck their mica and a good brush
wink.gif
And you can play to mix them anf create your owns e/s ^^

My primer = UDPP (colors are more vibrants than the TooFaced).

I see, I see.. hehe.. I ordered from GDE just to make sure though, because their eyeshadows do seem a little suspicious to me.. Thanks for your advice, I will order from TKB from now on for their POP! micas, because they're sooo much cheaper. And one thing about dishonest selers: when they re-sell the pop micas, they don't add any base to make the colors stick. Although TKB had a tutorial how to add base. Aromaleighs, I know for sure, their LE collections are unique, but I just don't know about their regular lines...

When we first started Beauty From The Earth we started with repackaing items such as the ones listed above. Since then we have began to formulate our own products. We have a line that is growing daily and we do formulate our own colors. Just yesterday we added over 20 colors formulated by us. We were going to do away with repackaged items but kept them at the request of some of our customers. If anyone has questions I would be happy to answer them.

Crystal Lampe

Owner of Beauty From The Earth

620-384-5886

Originally Posted by ~Crystal~ /img/forum/go_quote.gif When we first started Beauty From The Earth we started with repackaing items such as the ones listed above. Since then we have began to formulate our own products. We have a line that is growing daily and we do formulate our own colors. Just yesterday we added over 20 colors formulated by us. We were going to do away with repackaged items but kept them at the request of some of our customers. If anyone has questions I would be happy to answer them.
Crystal Lampe

620-384-5886

I think that is understandable for a lot of companies starting up. I believe the same is true for Aromaleigh. They have sooo many colors and I highly doubt that even a tenth of them are repackaged. You always see the owner blogging her color mixing process.

I think Dream minerals make their eyeshadows, too. I will be getting my first purchase, so I will update

Here's one that's by far the most expensive re-seller EVER

Lime crime makeup they sell 5 gram (with sifter?) for a whopping 12 USD

Their colors are in limited quantities, and most swatches are done with base or wet. the owner is a kinda famous makeup artist..... I'm shocked

Originally Posted by ~Crystal~ /img/forum/go_quote.gif When we first started Beauty From The Earth we started with repackaing items such as the ones listed above. Since then we have began to formulate our own products. We have a line that is growing daily and we do formulate our own colors. Just yesterday we added over 20 colors formulated by us. We were going to do away with repackaged items but kept them at the request of some of our customers. If anyone has questions I would be happy to answer them.
Crystal Lampe

620-384-5886

Yeah, but I don't believe you (sorry)
eusa_whistle.gif

Examples :

yours newest 2009 :

- your "Fire Dancer" like the "Queen Kathryn" (TKB)

Fire Dancer

Queen Kathryn

- your "Aloha" like the "Cosmic Carolyn" (TKB)

Aloha

Cosmic Carolyn

- your "Kou" like the "Soft Bronze" (TKB)

Kou

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?i...&category_id=1

ect ect

Now, yours oldest :

Examples :

All you Duotone are dupe from TKB :

"Dragon" = "Chameleon Fine"

"Summer Day" = "PollyAnna" or "Coral Reef"

"Mermaid" = "Mermaid's Gold"

"Whisper" = "Echo"

ect ect

See the TKB page for others dupes Color: Colored Micas

Or write the colors in the searching box.

Example : "Peacok" (BeautyFromTheEarth) = blue green gold in TKB box = differents shades, so you cheek the descriptions = tadaaaa ! the winner is "Indian Blue"
policeman.gif

TKB make base too : Base Powders and Additives such as Talc, Sericite Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate and more . . .

The beautiful site (TKB Trading) Home Page is you don't buy from retailers (much expensive)
whistling.gif

And the blushes from BeautyFromTheEarth, in general, are dupes from SignatureMinerals but more expensively, of course

Mineral Blush - Affordable, All Natural Mineral Makeup

Mineral Blush - Mineral Powder Blush - Signature Minerals

Flowind, you're right girl !
shakehands.gif
wink.gif

Crystal , no offense, but in your site, I see dupes from TKB everywhere (!). So where are yours unique colors please ? Thank you.

I ordered a heap of TKB colours and while they are really nice and cheap they just don't seem to stick. I am unable to buy UDPP at all so this does help me. Do any of the other companies mica's really adhere well or is it simply the nature or mica's to fall off the eye's???

Ju000, you're on a roll, girl! Woot! I think now that I've seen half of the mineral sites on the web are actually repackaged sellers... But no need to worry because there're some awesome mineral makeup companies who do create their colors! I think you prob have to look at her left navigation and click "color chart" to see some LE colors, but I don't know. No offense, Crystal.

Originally Posted by pink_peace /img/forum/go_quote.gif I ordered a heap of TKB colours and while they are really nice and cheap they just don't seem to stick. I am unable to buy UDPP at all so this does help me. Do any of the other companies mica's really adhere well or is it simply the nature or mica's to fall off the eye's??? That could be: (I've even had regular eyeshadows fallen off on my cheeks, high-end, ds ones)1. they're micas - there's nothing to stick them onto, TKB has some matte texture base or pearl one and some other bases so maybe you could try this.

2. loose minerals are messy - therefore, it's best when you dip enough powder onto the brush and tap the excess AND gently press it onto eyelids... (I find less messy after this)

my suggestion, look for a good sticky base. Even with regular cosmetics you have to use a base to ensure maximum wearability. or you could try press them into pans and see how that works out though i've never done them - don't have the time and equipment.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pink_peace /img/forum/go_quote.gif I ordered a heap of TKB colours and while they are really nice and cheap they just don't seem to stick. I am unable to buy UDPP at all so this does help me. Do any of the other companies mica's really adhere well or is it simply the nature or mica's to fall off the eye's??? It's depend on your skin and your application.
For me, I find that's the UDPP show and stick more the mica than others primers.

I put a little of UDPP, let it dry 1 minute, then I put my TKB mica with a good brush for my eyes(synthetic or natural like here Crownbrush - Millions Of Brushes At Your Fingertips ) but I "tape" the mica, I don't smooth it.

Like Fyrinnae explain the application : F.A.Q. (this is the 8th answer).

For TKB, sometimes, I put more layers, but very fine layer (2-3) for more show the color.

For a wet application, I use a homemade mixing medium (1/3 glycerine + 2/3 purifided water, make a little, because it doesn't have "conservateur", see Enkore on Youtube), I think it's work better than pure water or Fix+.

The e/s from Fyrinnae are more pigmented but it's normal because this brand made unique colors and put more that's mica on them.

Fyrinnae is the only one brand more pigmented and more diversified than the TKB mica.

I tested SignatureMinerals, EverydayMinerals, TaylorMadeMinerals, ArchetypeCosmetics, Meow, Mac pigment, GoshCosmetics, BarryM, Bourjois, FaceFrontCosmetics and MakeUpForEver, Alima.

You can buy the base for TKB and mix it with your mica : TKB's Matte Texture Base for Eyes

I don't test this method, I prefer put 2-3 fine layers.

But I have now a better application for mineral makeup with testing and errors. I find my "good" primer, my "good" brushes, etc.

lol Flowind thank you
wink.gif
I'm a little irritated against the "no-cool" mineral brands, because I wait an order from ArchetypeCosmetics since the 8th january (!). That's explain my critical writing
wink.gif

ps : ok, I lie, I'm very irritated on ArchetypeCosmetics and on the blogger/Youtuber which have of the free makeup and which make it pub (with some money in the key?) :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow this is interesting.

I have bought Micas from TKB, the Conservatory and Coastal Scents and while TKB gives the largest samples for the money the micas just don't stick too well. They look beautiful but need a base to really make them work as eye shadows.

On the other hand when I buy eye shadows from companies like Fyrinnae, EGMinerals, The She Space, Cory's (mattes) I never have a problem with the eye shadows sticking. I also like how the eye shadows from these companies have variety to them. The mattes are basic but some of the shimmers have a different look when acutally applied or have sparkle that you don't see until you rub it on. They have complexity and to me that makes it worth the money and with samples I've gotten I've been happy with my buys from them. Much better than just buying micas from TKB trying to use as an eye shadow and it just not sticking.

I also like my eye shadows from Archetype but it took ridiculously long to get them that I'll never order from them again. I do think all their colors are original because they are complex like Fyr, EGM, and TSS. I also like EGM's mattes and Cory's mattes.

I have bought what seem to be like micas from TKB only labeled under another name from Mad Minerals and Pure Luxe. I couldn't even apply a few colors wet or dry on my eyelids. Too bad cause they were pretty but that made me upset because I was stuck.

I also bought eye shadows from other companies that barely show, stick, or have color. My complexion is fair and I have had a problem finding eye shadows with a few companies that really show up on my complexion! That really bites because that's money wasted.

I've bought base from TKB to add to my micas that I bought from them - trying to make eye shadows and some came out pretty and some kind of chalky. Overall it was a fun project but I do know that using pure mica on my eyelids wasn't good because it just didn't stick and even with base it smeared and wasn't smooth. For the price of samples that I can buy and the variety that I can get I'd rather shop with TSS, EGM, or FYR based on the track record I've had with them. Excellent unique pigments that last! Low prices too.

Now reading throught this thread I don't know who is making, reselling, or repackaging so this thread is great but I can say that some companies are going the extra mile to put out excellent eye shadows that have base and stick, that give color and interest, and that are unique, not like everything else.

I appologize but you are incorrect. The entire spring line was formulated by me personally. i would be happy to send you samples of it to compare to the products that you think it is the same as.

I will not go into detail but I will say that MANY of the colors on are our site were made by me. I have many hours making them. Our newest items are the Pearl Collection which are all exclusive to our company. We have 30 new colors (also formulated by me) to be added in the next month.

Originally Posted by ~Crystal~ /img/forum/go_quote.gif I appologize but you are incorrect. The entire spring line was formulated by me personally. i would be happy to send you samples of it to compare to the products that you think it is the same as.
I will not go into detail but I will say that MANY of the colors on are our site were made by me. I have many hours making them. Our newest items are the Pearl Collection which are all exclusive to our company. We have 30 new colors (also formulated by me) to be added in the next month.

Maybe you're formulated them but I think the colors are the same that's the TKB site.

I can compare with Fyrinnae and this brand have really unique colors and it's the less expensive in the market (!).

For me, unique color means more than 1 or 2 color mixed together and if I find differents brands with same e/s, that's mean they are retailers. Maybe not for all the pigments but for the price, I say : "no thanks, I don't want to know wich colors are unique or dupes".

Like the e/s "Desert Sun" from SignatureMinerals and the e/s "Integra's Dog" from ArchetypeCosmetics, they are the same ! Wet or dry ! F**** ! Archetype is very expensive ! And if the 2 are the same, in my opinion, I can find the color in TKB.

For your"Pearl collection", TKB have pearl colors too and others mineral brands too, I put the links down.

And you don't give any name for your unique color so ...

It's not a bad thing to be a retailer, but it's not really correct in my opinion to sell same items but more expensive.

And I don't need samples to compare, thank you, because how know that's it's your regular line you give me ?

I appreciate your proposition but I see the blog/Youtube from XSparkage, and I see that's products from BeautyFromTheEarth are not great at all. She just make your pub
wink.gif
(Oooh and she make pub for others minerals brands that's look the same).

I love XSparkage, I watch every video and I go on her blog, but all that's "pub" get me irritated.

Links from XSparkage's blog : (beware, many pigments look the same and I don't put all the links)

Mineralista : Mineralista Skittles Collection | xsparkage

BFTE : Beauty From The Earth: Spring 2009 Collection | xsparkage

Calypso : Calypso Mineral Swatches | xsparkage

Taste the Rainbow: Calypso Swatches | xsparkage

Heavenly Natural : Heavenly Naturals: Spring Dollface Collection | xsparkage

Link for the TKB mica : Color: Colored Micas

many brands sell the Pop mica with no change at all, so it's interesting to buy the pop, in my opinion
happy.gif

Links I find in 5 minutes of research for pearl e/s :

Link for alima's pearl : Pearluster Eyeshadow | Mineral Makeup from Alima Pure

Link for SignatureMinerals 's pearl (who is a retailer from TKB like the Pop) :

Mineral Eye Colors - Pearl Eye Shadows - Signature Minerals

Links (2) for Aromaleigh's pearl :

Elemental Lustre Eyeshadow Collection- 25% OFF featured product through 10 AM E.S.T. 5/27!

"Satin Petals" Pure Eyes Frost

No need to be nasty about it. People can sell whatever products they want for however much money they want even if they are a from TKB.

Back