Companies who I know are not resellers. Who make their own makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif Off topic her but I am really confused about Sassy minerals. Lauress are Sassy are from the same town here in Wisconsin and the website and products look really similar.....just something to think about Hey Alicia. Have you tried their products? I have tried both and they are not the same. You can read reviews for Sassy on lots of blogs and other forums if you are not sure if they are unique. My experience has convinced me they provide a unique product. I have seen you post this on several threads whenever Sassy Minerals is brought up and I am just curious why that is? I read a post a while ago where a forum member had contacted both companies about this directly and they both said they are not the same company or selling repackaged products. I think you are doing both companies a disservice by implying they are reselling. IMHO.
Carrie

It's just something that I have always think about whenever they are mentioned. Whatever, don't want to get into it. I have tried Lauress but not Sassy. Either way, not a big deal to me

Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's just something that I have always think about whenever they are mentioned. Whatever, don't want to get into it. I have tried Lauress but not Sassy. Either way, not a big deal to me I am sorry if I sounded like I wanted to "get into it" that was not my intention at all. I was just curious and wanted to know if you had compared them or not. No harm no foul
flowers.gif

Originally Posted by SparklesRule /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am sorry if I sounded like I wanted to "get into it" that was not my intention at all. I was just curious and wanted to know if you had compared them or not. No harm no foul
flowers.gif
You're fine
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SparklesRule /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey Alicia. Have you tried their products? I have tried both and they are not the same. You can read reviews for Sassy on lots of blogs and other forums if you are not sure if they are unique. My experience has convinced me they provide a unique product. IME Lauress and Sassy are not the same.

I'm pretty sure Jenulence makes their own.

Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif Off topic her but I am really confused about Sassy minerals. Lauress are Sassy are from the same town here in Wisconsin and the website and products look really similar.....just something to think about FWIW I agree with you. I see a lot of similarity between the 2 also.edited to add - not that I'm saying the products are similar as I haven't tried Sassy's, but the website, layout, ingredients, photos, not to mention they're located in the same city. The more I think about it I think there's some connection between the 2. Otherwise lots of coincidences.

I'm a huge fan of the Mineral Makeup Mutiny - a list of known companies that make their own colors. There are still companies out there that are great and not on this list, so YMMV.

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a huge fan of the Mineral Makeup Mutiny - a list of known companies that make their own colors. There are still companies out there that are great and not on this list, so YMMV. Hi there!can you tell me please which brands are authentic and not on the list?

I tried to write in the Mutiny's forum but I get to my email only lethers and not the posts.. I think there is a problem in this site

So, does MAD Minerals repackage ALL of thier eyeshadows? I mean, they have so many, and I didn't see that many different shades on TKB, but I didn't browse a whole ton on TKB either.

Pureanada, or Pure Anada, or "the Pure Boutique", there's so many names...they don't directly repackage all of their creations, some seem very similar to TKB colours I have, but all they do is mix colour blends. If you look at their ingredient list, it's just micas. They don't seem to add anything new to make their products into shadows, so even though they may "mix" the majority of their colours, they are still not true makeup, just unfinished ingredients. A lot of companies do this because it keeps the colour looking bright and more pigmented, but they won't last without products to add slip and adhesion. It's easy to buy raw mica, mix a few together, and sell for a huge markup, the key is to actually formulate a finished cosmetic, such as eyeshadow, that has ingredients to adhere, go on smoothly and last. I don't have a problem with selling mica mixes, as long as you tell your clients that's what they're getting and they need to use a primer or some other way of keeping their makeup on. It just bugs me, because a lot of companies are doing this, not straight repackaging, but not really making cosmetics either. S.

Haven't heard of some of these, but I will definitely check them out. Thanks for sharing!

I got an email from a formulator for Earthen Glow minerals and she stated that they use their foundation, Cover Me in a lotion filled with chemicals that they buy from a Wholesale company but they call this natural. apparantly they do the same with their mousse foundation and their cream contour wheel.  All of which I've bought thinking they had made something great and natural.  NOT

Yep!!!! I asked the same question cause I bought 2 mousse and 2 liquid plus the nasty pallet and I was disgusted that they had the nerve to call themselves a natural company yet used so many chemicals in their liquid mouse and pallets. They are just liars and full of crap.  I still want my money back!

Thanks for your tips! I've  a very sensitive skin and so I'd try mineral make up.. What's the best brand?

this is a fantastic thread thanks to every1 who has done their homework you guys are awesome

Great post, I'm always looking for Mineral Make-up brands that have actually made their own shades, so the list is very handy as I've been sticking mainly to Fyrinnae at the moment. But with that list of companies to drool over things might start changing.

Blue Line Cosmetics manufactures their own as well! They are very big on making sure it's all natural products that go into their cosmetics. They also custom make colors upon request!! I had a blush that was discontinued and I asked if they could recreate it and they did!!!! I've since requested a couple more duped!! And they have an AMAZING beautiful frosty white shadow that is to die for!!! It's called snowflake! Go check it!

Hi,

I'm new here. My friend in Spain is trying to start her mineral makeup brand and ordered a bunch of bulk powder form Monave and TKB to mix her own line of colors. She had no problem with TKB, but she says Monave did not label properly the stuff and it doid not make it though EU Customs. It would not be so terrible if it wasn't because the woman who owns Monave apparently refuses to credit her and intends to keep the powder and my friend's $700, which she took a while to saved up. I think it really sucks and my friend is quite devastated. I've tried Monave products and their great, but, for me, the ethics of a company is equally important. It's like what you guys were talking about retailing: it's OK, but do not lie about, let people pick and choose--there's all kinds of needs and tastes, but there's already enough lack of ethics inthe mainstream industry. We certainly expect an honest attitude from the alternate small business. At, least, I do, I don't want the SOS. That's why we should be happy to have these forums to be on the watchout and share the info. thanks a lot.

Anybody familiar with Southern Magnolia Minerals (North Carolina)  and Luvu Beauty (Canada)? On their sites they claim to be original.

Noella Beauty Works makes awesome makeup in small batches. It's completely natural and cruelty free. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did an interview with the owner here actually. And no, Im not trying to promo the makeup or anything. They makeup is just really good haha.

Back