Complete guide to brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Im not sure....I know all of Too faced brushes are synthetic but nothing else. As for this article Jen, are you sure it isnt old or something? Ive looked up all of the brushes and some of them are missing from the brush list for the brand. Like Becca's Contour brush, MakeupForever's Fan brush, Stila's Precision Crease #7 (there isnt even a #7 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and so on. Ive been dying to get the right brushes.

Thanks for this! It was very useful. I have all those brush shapes, but I didn't know what they were all used for on the face. Now I know! Great!

Can I update the information guys?

I have mentioned in a few posts before, I happen to have a full range of the most luxurious brushes on earth.....

and I can tell you right now, they are worth every penny - call me shallow, but you wouldn't beleive the JOY I get out of needing to use these babies everyday to apply makeup - it makes it such a pleasure...

I have a set of japanese brushes from a manufacturer called HAKUHODO.

THEY ARE ORGASMIC!!!!!

Welcome to MisaMakeup.com - Professional Makeup Products and Services

Its the KOKUTAN range on misamakeup.com

(I didn't buy them from the site, I actually discivered them in a tiny store in Kyoto Japan....then managed to find the manufacturer (who incidentally make all the brushes for Shu, MAC, etc)

Most of them are canadian blue squirrel...and they are like goose down on your skin.

The reason I have looked into all this and managed to find these brushes is that I am looking to create the ultimate range of super luxury brushes (here in London)...so I am always researching and looking for the 'ultimate'.

Anyway...

Save up.

Buy the best.

The way they hold pigment, shadow and deposit it on your face is unparalleled.

Sorry, I get too excited about this - it's a passion...

MB

Wow, very comprehensive encyclopedia of brushes! Thanks Jennifer. One question -- can anyone recommend a concealer brush that is retractable or comes with a cover? I need something to carry in my purse for touch-ups with my MMU. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Jennifer, you rock!

You did such a great job with all the info :icon_salut:

I own two professional brush sets from "a'squarrel", they are the softest you can use for the face, your clients will love you for them and I also have another pro set of italian badger brushes, they are also very good quality, you can find this set and other great make-up products for make-up artists online: camerareadycosmetics.com

I love this store and buy most of the stuff in there. Check it out!

:7dh:

This is great information. Personally I'd like to see a Cruelty-free section, though.

Thanks! I have just bought my first "real" brush (at Whole Foods, of all places!) -- I've been using various cosmetic brushes I had from before. (They work fine -- I thought <VBG> but now I'm learning better!)

Elenor

Back