Conscious Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCAMMED.

I used my discount code to get a "free box" with paid shipping and when it finally arrived, I was missing a sample and had an expired coupon code. The other coupons were not great- one for diarrhea, one for $1,200 off a sauna??

Anyways, I had only two full size items that were both bars you can buy anywhere for UNDER $2 and both were full of sugar and artificial preservatives, 4 tea trial packs, two granola trial packs, and a bunch of teeny tiny samples not worth anything. The value of my box was not even $10, much less $19.95. I e-mailed them a complaint, never heard back, canceled my subscription, and found that they had already billed me for the next box before my trial had even arrived!!!! At charging more than twice what the box is worth, and charging me for a second box before mine had even arrived...not worth it. 

Please!!! avoid this shady company!

Quote: Originally Posted by mars007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  SCAMMED.

I used my discount code to get a "free box" with paid shipping and when it finally arrived, I was missing a sample and had an expired coupon code. The other coupons were not great- one for diarrhea, one for $1,200 off a sauna??

Anyways, I had only two full size items that were both bars you can buy anywhere for UNDER $2 and both were full of sugar and artificial preservatives, 4 tea trial packs, two granola trial packs, and a bunch of teeny tiny samples not worth anything. The value of my box was not even $10, much less $19.95. I e-mailed them a complaint, never heard back, canceled my subscription, and found that they had already billed me for the next box before my trial had even arrived!!!! At charging more than twice what the box is worth, and charging me for a second box before mine had even arrived...not worth it. 

Please!!! avoid this shady company!
Sounds about like the $1 box I got from them a while ago. I had maybe 3 usable products in it. I wouldn't recommend this sub to anyone at all.

See if you can do a charge back from your bank or credit card company, and contact Conscious Box any way you can. You definitely should not have to pay $20 for that crap.

ITA. I paid with a debit card, so I have to call my bank tomorrow to file a report. :/ It's amazing how many terrible reviews they have online hidden under all the ones from bloggers who got a box for free. I am midway through a blog of my own as well.

Any tips from people who have gotten their money back appreciated. The more I read about them, the shadier they are.

I read they delete bad reviews on their FB and it's true. Google will show you a few, but when you click to read more than just a few words on the full site, they are gone or "not available".

I have trial with LoveWithFood I am thinking of canceling to not go through this again.  

I received boxes from them a year and a half ago. At first they were pretty decent but I quit when they were adding a lot of supplements and protein bars.  It sounds like they have steadily got worse.

I got three months of their "plus" box with a living social deal, and for some reason they sent me out two boxes in may... one was shipped on May 2nd, and the other was shipped on May 15th... The first box that I got was total crap, a bunch of one-time use supplements... why would you take ONE supplement?  It takes at least a week, if not longer, to see results from a supplement... 

And then the second box they are randomly sending me has five duplicate items from the first box... like, really?!  I bought this so I could try new products, not have the same BS samples mailed to me in a row.  

Anyone else had this experience?  I emailed them to let them know it's not fair/right/whatever.  I'm curious if anyone else has emailed them, and what they said if you did.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Living Social deal but didn't get it based on the things said about the company on MUT.  I waffled a bit but now I'm pretty glad I skipped it.  It doesn't sound like they've improved much.

Stay away ! last box I got was so lightweight, My full size item  was a  snack size bag of dinosaur puffs,worth probaly 50 cents and one plastic dog shit bag, to pick up dog poo, I kid you not, Plus  a few pills and useless coupons,for 20 dollars !! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY !

When it first started, it was a good box. Sad to see it's gotten bad. It seems a lot of subs start of good but end up bad. Just look at Taste Guru for example. (The newest post  about TG on MSA shows this.)

Tried one box with the Living Social promo and then canceled. It was supposed to be the bigger one. I can't imagine what the smaller one was like. And there weren't any beauty products as advertised. My Subscription Addiction's post about it was actually really misleading. Pretty disappointing.

Tried one box with the Living Social promo and then canceled. It was supposed to be the bigger one. I can't imagine what the smaller one was like. And there weren't any beauty products as advertised. My Subscription Addiction's post about it was actually really misleading. Pretty disappointing.
I actually got the box because the My Subscription Addiction lady said it was her favorite.  I wish I had read here first.  Not cool that she's lying, or that they're sending her boxes that they don't send to everyone.  Boo. 

I'm honestly still surprised they are still in business after seeing how bad they were when I got my box. I think at this point bloggers with free boxes and living social are probably helping them rope in unsuspecting subscribers, and that's not cool

I did the living social deal. It wasn't a bad experience but too much random items. My box had a missing item and they sent me a few free items as well as a replacement box.

I emailed them back on the 22nd, the day I posted here, and they still haven't responded.  I detest them so far.  Terrible company with terrible products.  At least I only spent like $25 on it, but still...

Woo! Love MUT :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Totally dodged this company. I was looking forward to subscribing to this box after reading awesome reviews from mysubscriptionaddiction.com.. 

ITA. I paid with a debit card, so I have to call my bank tomorrow to file a report. :/ It's amazing how many terrible reviews they have online hidden under all the ones from bloggers who got a box for free. I am midway through a blog of my own as well.

Any tips from people who have gotten their money back appreciated. The more I read about them, the shadier they are.

I read they delete bad reviews on their FB and it's true. Google will show you a few, but when you click to read more than just a few words on the full site, they are gone or "not available".

I have trial with LoveWithFood I am thinking of canceling to not go through this again.  
I had to send multiple emails, FB wall posts and FB messages to get a response to my cancellation email.  I ended up just cancelling the card I used because I didn't want to deal with them and didn't trust they wouldn't charge me again (which they've been known to do).  The boxes that I got were all a horrible value and I was missing the biggest ticket item, which was the only thing I was looking forward to.  I agree with everyone else to stay far far away, no matter what deal they offer.

Love with Food is the complete opposite though! You can cancel right online with zero hassle but you wont want to because their boxes are freaking awesome.  Spoilers for next month are already out if you aren't sure about staying.

I'll check out Love with Food as soon as I receive my last Conscious Box.  I have one month left on my three-month sub, even though I got two boxes in May... but I cancelled it today.  Emailed them to be sure I'll get my last box, but I'm sure I'll never hear back from them.  *sigh*

I emailed them back on the 22nd, the day I posted here, and they still haven't responded.  I detest them so far.  Terrible company with terrible products.  At least I only spent like $25 on it, but still...
When I was subbed and me and a bunch of others were trying to cancel, a lot of people had tons of problems trying to contact them. I had to call at least 3 different times before I could get anyone to answer.

When I was subbed and me and a bunch of others were trying to cancel, a lot of people had tons of problems trying to contact them. I had to call at least 3 different times before I could get anyone to answer.
That's ridiculous.  I was able to cancel my sub online just now, but there's no confirmation that I'll receive my last box of the three-month sub that I purchased.  Their FAQs are pretty vague about that too.  

I'm surprised. I've had good experience with their customer service. Once I purchased using the deal I canceled the subscription and removed the credit card from the account just in case.

I actually learned about the living social deal from mysubscriptionaddiction.com and she had stated herself that she wasn't a fan of the sub and was wondering if it had improved cause I know she had stopped subbing from them a while back.

Yeah, I hadn't read her blog for a little bit, and the last time I did Conscious Box was in her recommended subs.  They did finally get back to me yesterday, though.  They're adding an additional month onto my subscription, and that's really nice of them.  Hopefully I'll get some better samples.  

Back