Conscious Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Earthpaste toothpaste in Wintergreen smells so good! It reminds me of these mints my grandma used to eat or it smells like that one muscle relaxer cream that is super minty, I can't remember what it is called...

Bengay

The Earthpaste toothpaste in Wintergreen smells so good! It reminds me of these mints my grandma used to eat or it smells like that one muscle relaxer cream that is super minty, I can't remember what it is called...
cream

The Dapple soap is GREAT!
I had samples of it last year and am using it to wash my water bottle- it makes it smell and look perfectly clean even after I put coffee, tea, juice in it!!

And I just tried using the Dapple soap to wash my makeup brushes and found they were easier to rinse than with my regular soap.
-the packaging says that it removes oils and residue and rinses easily and it really does!

I have only tried the lavender version and actually bought it for my mom who was complaining about spotty wine glasses......

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE earthpaste! I had just reordered another bottle and it arrived the same day as my conscious box.... so now I have two tubes waiting for me to use :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my first box of a 3-month subscription I won and I love the variety! Tons of things to try though I wish they had more snack items.

Looking forward to trying the toothpaste.

I just got my first conscious box today! I was so nervous for the past few weeks because I'd read so many bad reviews on it but I was actually pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure I would pay the full price to order another one though... They had a deal going on to only pay shipping to receive a box when I ordered it. I don't know what kind of shipping they used for this thing though! The snail express? It took soooo long to get to me. I'm quite happy with what I received though

Got the 2nd month of my 3 month subscription today. It wasn't bad - a medium sized lemongrass soap, a tangerine orange shampoo/bodywash, a whole bunch of add to water flavor packs, a fruit bar, and some other stuff. I'll try to take a pic, definitely better than last month. 

Received my gluten free box yesterday:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/content/type/61/id/196804/

It was pretty jam packed in the box to get all this stuff in. 

Here is the list of what everything is:

Larabar-Full size ALT peanut butter cookie bar

Skout-Full size apple cinnamon bar

Skout-Full size cherry vanilla bar

Sleep Squares-Chocolate, 2 piece box

Natures Baby Organic bubble bath in Tangy Tangerine 2 oz

Health Endeavors coca sea foam face and body lotion sample

Bottle Bright Bottle/travel mug cleaner

Lotus moon hibiscus flower hydrating lotion sample

Son for men soothing lotion sample

Sneakz Organic chocolate milkshake

Chicken Poop lip balm, full size

2 Organic Flavrz organic liquid drink mix in Revive

2 Organic Flavrz in Boost

Mr. & Mrs. Sudsy Glycerin soap (shaped like a purple cupcake)

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received my gluten free box yesterday:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/content/type/61/id/196804/

It was pretty jam packed in the box to get all this stuff in. 

Here is the list of what everything is:

Larabar-Full size ALT peanut butter cookie bar

Skout-Full size apple cinnamon bar

Skout-Full size cherry vanilla bar

Sleep Squares-Chocolate, 2 piece box

Natures Baby Organic bubble bath in Tangy Tangerine 2 oz

Health Endeavors coca sea foam face and body lotion sample

Bottle Bright Bottle/travel mug cleaner

Lotus moon hibiscus flower hydrating lotion sample

Son for men soothing lotion sample

Sneakz Organic chocolate milkshake

Chicken Poop lip balm, full size

2 Organic Flavrz organic liquid drink mix in Revive

2 Organic Flavrz in Boost

Mr. & Mrs. Sudsy Glycerin soap (shaped like a purple cupcake)

I got almost all the same stuff - definitely an improvement over last month's! I still would not pay full price for the subscription though. 

If anyone is interested, there is a Conscious Box sale going on at FAB.com now. Not sure if there are any coupons out there that beat the sale, but worth a look if your sub is ending soon. 

If anyone is interested, I posted a review on the June box on my blog as well as outlined some problems/complaints I have with the subscription (receiving duplicate items month-after-month, too many supplements, shipping/packaging problems.) Overall, I think it is still an exciting box and exposes you to a ton of fun eco-friendly products. My subscription ends next month. I would definitely continue if I could snag a discounted price, but I'm not sure I would pay full price again.

Link removed per Terms of Service.

I just got my first Conscious Box this month (August 2013) and while I only paid a little over 7.00 for it due to a coupon code I had, I noticed that with the exception of one sample packet of liquid dish soap and one sample packet of a night-time moisturizer all of my products were edible:  food, candy, vitamins and teas/drink mixes, etc. 

Is this a common issue with CB?  Don't get me wrong, I loves me some healthy snacks but SIX of them (two bars, a bag of cereal, two ind. packs of vitamin gummies, a carton beverage) were clearly meant for children, which I also found a little odd.  I'm a single lady so I ate them myself, no biggie, but something about such a decent number of my items being intended for kids bugs me anyway.  I was really hoping for a sub box that had a variety of wellness products: beauty, hygiene, food, household, supplement and skin/hair/body care. 

Also one of my products was a packet of oatmeal pulled right out of a box -not a specially packaged sample or anything.  Just a brown paper packet, like the kind everyone has a million of stored away in various recesses of their cupboards.  Dubyatee-Eff. 

Still, there were some things I really like.  I DO like healthy snack bars, and the chocolate sleep aids look kick-butt, and the Night Cream sounds way cool!  Therefore,  I am curious if, because CB's website encourages reviews of their items, this kind of thing can be addressed/CB makes an effort not to send duplicate items or tailor their boxes.  I just remember seeing so many CB unboxing videos on Youtube where peeps got awesome stuff like massive chocolate bars, big bags of himalayan sea salt, toothpaste, body butters, sleep oils, etc. :C

I subscribed for six months and cancelled this past month.  Too many tiny samples.  Too many kids products (I don't have children).  A fair amount of supplements I would never use.  Food products that are unremarkable.  I cancelled and prefer to put my money for eco-friendly boxes toward Eco-Emi and Yuzen.  I have bragged on Yuzen over and over.  They ship like clockwork, the boxes are beautiful and lovingly curated, customer service is beyond belief, and the boxes consistently please.

I really enjoy Conscious Box 
sdrop.gif
 I've been getting their boxes for about 7-8 months, and though there are tiny samples sometimes I think they mainly want you to find new companies rather than snack on full size versions of companies you already know. I've only had to deal with customer service once or twice (help with address chance, change my type of box). They always got back to me pretty quick (2 days or less). I reaaallly like it when I get a full size item to sample. I usually get them every 2 months. I was pretty surprised to see negative feedback of them on here, they seem to be such a cool company and if you have the extra $20 it's worth it just for the surprise. Has anyone been with them longer? 

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Gone.
I searched under Houston, not sure if that matters.  Here is the link.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashley Marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I really enjoy Conscious Box 
sdrop.gif
 I've been getting their boxes for about 7-8 months, and though there are tiny samples sometimes I think they mainly want you to find new companies rather than snack on full size versions of companies you already know. I've only had to deal with customer service once or twice (help with address chance, change my type of box). They always got back to me pretty quick (2 days or less). I reaaallly like it when I get a full size item to sample. I usually get them every 2 months. I was pretty surprised to see negative feedback of them on here, they seem to be such a cool company and if you have the extra $20 it's worth it just for the surprise. Has anyone been with them longer? 
My issue with them is that the boxes used to have a variety of items (when I first subbed we got cleaners, housse items, beauty), and now it's just really gross food and supplements. So not worth the price. Way better ways to spend $20.

Back