Conscious Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, you can have a company blocked from charging you. Just talk to your CC company for their process. If CB tries to charge you, get all of your emails showing you tried to cancel before they charged you and file a dispute with your CC company. The CC company should take care of things without making you try to fight with CB any longer.
I used a check card, so my bank said not to bother blocking the charge because most places will just double process it or add .50 to it to get it to go through.  They said if they are not responding now there's probably no hope for them to reverse the charges.  I know this is different from the options you have if you used a credit card, and might be different for different banks.  Blah, lesson learned!  I just got a new card so I can be done with these people.  People are posting on FB that they are getting charged for May so better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used a check card, so my bank said not to bother blocking the charge because most places will just double process it or add .50 to it to get it to go through.  They said if they are not responding now there's probably no hope for them to reverse the charges.  I know this is different from the options you have if you used a credit card, and might be different for different banks.  Blah, lesson learned!  I just got a new card so I can be done with these people.  People are posting on FB that they are getting charged for May so better safe than sorry.
My bank just told me the same thing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't request a new card as I have charges pending that I need to make sure are paid for. I can't believe this company makes me not want to try subs.

They left mine up. And I wasn't nice and I directed them to this thread.

I posted on their Facebook wall and they deleted it.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didnt post anything rude or mean and I even tried to be nice about it, but it isn't there anymore.  They replied last night with their 'wait 1-2 business days' yada yada but then it was gone this morning.  I'm glad they are leaving as many negative posts up as they are, maybe they will get their act together.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your post on their Facebook page was awesome, very well put and 100% true.  I am one of the unlucky ones waiting for a response from  them since Monday to cancel my sub.

I got a box this month even though my account was canceled. I wasn't charged either. I'm so confused as to why they sent me a box. O_O 

I posted a nice picture of the box and a link to my blog review which was very neutral for the most part, and they almost instantly deleted it, too.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted a nice picture of the box and a link to my blog review which was very neutral for the most part, and they almost instantly deleted it, too.

Are there other blog links posted on their page? They might have their settings set to mark all links posted as spam...there are options for that when it comes to company FB pages. They can also choose key words that are posted to be marked as spam.

Finally got them to cancel after four phone calls. The guy wanted to ask me a million questions and I was like please, just cancel.

Originally Posted by Sputinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got them to cancel after four phone calls. The guy wanted to ask me a million questions and I was like please, just cancel.
I am so happy for you!!!  This gives me hope that they will cancel me as well soon.

I got a really nice email from them today confirming my cancellation. I expected a sales pitch, but there wasn't any.

I sent a message through the ticket system on Monday afternoon. I finally left a FB message today and then I received this email - 

"We're sorry to hear about you leaving! Was there anything specific that changed your mind? We'd love to get your feedback :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Keeping in mind that the contents of the box change monthly, we have a really fun box coming up next, and I'd love to find out if you'd like to wait and check it out before deciding. We really think you'll be impressed! It's a really fun month, and after seeing all the treats and treasures, you may just decide to stay with your subscription! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And your account will not be charged again until the first week of May so you have a bit of time./p>

Please let me know what you'd like to do going forward and I'd be happy to help! 

Be well,

Ande 

Conscious Representative"

Next month might hold some 'fun treats and treasures' but I'd still like to cancel, thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There's a new coupon called "SECRETCODE" for another free box if anyone's still interested ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am done with this box though.

Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a new coupon called "SECRETCODE" for another free box if anyone's still interested ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am done with this box though.
NEVER. AGAIN. hahahah.

lets hope no more poor souls get suckered in. honestly i threw away like 90% of the box minus my soap, tea, detergent, and face wipes. i wouldn't even take one of their boxes for free at this point.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NEVER. AGAIN. hahahah.

lets hope no more poor souls get suckered in. honestly i threw away like 90% of the box minus my soap, tea, detergent, and face wipes. i wouldn't even take one of their boxes for free at this point.
If I count the number of minutes and hours I spent trying to cancel my box and prorate it based on my monthly salary, I spent way more than $20 just dealing with their customer service. So, the box was NOT FREE! 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are there other blog links posted on their page? They might have their settings set to mark all links posted as spam...there are options for that when it comes to company FB pages. They can also choose key words that are posted to be marked as spam.
There aren't many, I had to scroll way down. They must have some kind of a referral contest going on because a lot of the posts on their wall are spam from people saying who referred them.

NEVER. AGAIN. hahahah. lets hope no more poor souls get suckered in. honestly i threw away like 90% of the box minus my soap, tea, detergent, and face wipes. i wouldn't even take one of their boxes for free at this point.
I left a bunch of the stuff in the lunchroom at work with a post it that said free and no one wanted it LOL

Even with the code it is still $7.95 though =/
Looks like this code doesn't include shipping like the last one. Don't quote me as I haven't tried it, but I think I'm done too. I received one as a gift (which I thought I was going get last month) and I have two crappy boxes I haven't open yet.

Latest posts

Back