Conscious Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent a message through the ticket system on Monday afternoon. I finally left a FB message today and then I received this email - 

"We're sorry to hear about you leaving! Was there anything specific that changed your mind? We'd love to get your feedback :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Keeping in mind that the contents of the box change monthly, we have a really fun box coming up next, and I'd love to find out if you'd like to wait and check it out before deciding. We really think you'll be impressed! It's a really fun month, and after seeing all the treats and treasures, you may just decide to stay with your subscription! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And your account will not be charged again until the first week of May so you have a bit of time./p>

Please let me know what you'd like to do going forward and I'd be happy to help! 

Be well,

Ande 

Conscious Representative"

Next month might hold some 'fun treats and treasures' but I'd still like to cancel, thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got this exact same message last night.  I said I still wanted to cancel, and finally this morning I am finally cancelled.  I am so glad it is over with, I didn't want to go thru another day of emailing and calling them.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one who has not gotten their April box yet?
I'm still waiting on an April Classic box (won a 3-month subscription through a blog giveaway - I didn't get shipping notification for the first box of the 3-month subscription, which was last month)

Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still waiting on an April Classic box (won a 3-month subscription through a blog giveaway - I didn't get shipping notification for the first box of the 3-month subscription, which was last month)
So at least am not alone :)

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So at least am not alone :)

Oh, I should have included that I did receive the gluten-free and vegan boxes that I ordered through the promo code last month!

If I don't receive the box by the end of the week, I'll contact them next week.

My box is apparently lost. I contacted them last week, and that was their explanation. They're supposed to send another. 

Has anyone sneeked a peek at the products in their order settings? I am not impressed with what I have seen, spoiler in white--(dog food, I don't even have a dog & more baby food! Very dissapointed!)  and from what the contents are it doesn't even look like I'm getting as much stuff in my box, only like 4 things compared to like 15 last month. 

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone sneeked a peek at the products in their order settings? I am not impressed with what I have seen, spoiler in white--(dog food, I don't even have a dog & more baby food! Very dissapointed!)  and from what the contents are it doesn't even look like I'm getting as much stuff in my box, only like 4 things compared to like 15 last month. 
I just did... Apparently I'm getting a survey and a sample of "Brad's Raw Leafy Kale" in my Vegan Box #4... Really hoping the contents aren't quite updated yet.  It's my last box in a 3 month subscription, and if this is their attempt to keep me as a recurring subscriber, it's the worst effort I've ever seen from a company for customer retention.  

We shall see...

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just did... Apparently I'm getting a survey and a sample of "Brad's Raw Leafy Kale" in my Vegan Box #4... Really hoping the contents aren't quite updated yet.  It's my last box in a 3 month subscription, and if this is their attempt to keep me as a recurring subscriber, it's the worst effort I've ever seen from a company for customer retention.  

We shall see...
I'm getting classic box #2 and Gluten-Free box #2.. I already think that I will be canceling both boxes as soon as I get them if they are not amazing, which I'm already guessing they are not going to be. I am also getting surveys in both boxes. 

I just got my tracking number for one account, although it isn't being mailed out until Monday.

I did a 3 month sub when the 50% off code was floating around...of course right before all the negative reviews were posted. Doh. This month will be my first box, I'm reeeeally hoping I don't get baby food, because I don't have kids and no one in my immediate circle does.

Ok. just got my 3rd box ina 3-month subscription, and... wow.  I switched to a Vegan box for this month and I actually really like all of the items inside!

In addition to the

-Brad's Leafy Kale (that's still going to the hubby)

I also got:

-fennel pollen (also got it in my April Love with Food box... is it ironic that I plan to season meat with it after getting it in a vegan box? It's SO GOOD on pork!)

-foil packet of Ultima Replenisher Lemonade

-2 foil packets of "EarthPaste" (natural toothpaste)

-1 teabag from "Bija" (flavor "Holy Basil")

-foil packet of Shampoo/conditioner from Veria (for oily hair, going to my sister)

- foil packet of Suki butter cream salve 

-Graw Bar in "original" flavor

-Ecover Dishwasher tablets (2)

-foil packet of Yes to Cucumbers sunscreen (I did not know they made this! Totally buying it!)

-foil packet of Herbamare herb-infused seasalt

And, what totally made it worth it for me... a 2oz tube of TruKid mineral sunscreen!  (Sunny Days Sport!)

this is the ONE BOX I've gotten where I feel I got some really good items!  I still won't be resubbing, but I'm at least happy that I got a good final box.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok. just got my 3rd box ina 3-month subscription, and... wow.  I switched to a Vegan box for this month and I actually really like all of the items inside!

In addition to the

I also got:

-fennel pollen (also got it in my April Love with Food box... is it ironic that I plan to season meat with it after getting it in a vegan box? It's SO GOOD on pork!)

-foil packet of Shampoo/conditioner from Veria (for oily hair, going to my sister)

-foil packet of Yes to Cucumbers sunscreen (I did not know they made this! Totally buying it!)

And, what totally made it worth it for me... a 2oz tube of TruKid mineral sunscreen!  (Sunny Days Sport!)

this is the ONE BOX I've gotten where I feel I got some really good items!  I still won't be resubbing, but I'm at least happy that I got a good final box.

That's a nice box! I've actually been wanting to try the item that you are giving to your husband - I made these once, but it took such a long time to wash and dry the individual pieces (the baking time was minimal, ~ 10 minutes?), that I think it is worth it to just buy these in the future.

I just got my gluten free box and classic box. There are actually quite a few items in them that I will use! I will get pics up soon =]

I just got my gluten free box and classic box. There are actually quite a few items in them that I will use! I will get pics up soon =]
Yay, excited for you!

It looks like my gluten-free and vegan boxes were delivered...I'll post what I received when I get home from work.

Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In addition to the

I also got:

That's a nice box! I've actually been wanting to try the item that you are giving to your husband - I made these once, but it took such a long time to wash and dry the individual pieces (the baking time was minimal, ~ 10 minutes?), that I think it is worth it to just buy these in the future.

I've made those chips before, and there's NO WAY I would wash/dry each piece!  I washed whole stalks, then patted 3-4 stalks at a time (kinda) dry with paper towels.  Then I ripped off bite-size pieces into a bowl, tossed them with a bit of olive oil, spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkled them with sea salt, and popped them in the oven until they got crispy.  They were SO GOOD.  (any residual water on the leaves got baked off in the oven.)

I don't know why but I can't figure out how to take spoiler pics lol but if you want to see what came in my boxes you can look on my blog, the link is in my signature. Or does anyone know how to make the pics hidden lol It's not my day.

I don't know why but I can't figure out how to take spoiler pics lol but if you want to see what came in my boxes you can look on my blog, the link is in my signature. Or does anyone know how to make the pics hidden lol It's not my day.
The best way to do it is just upload the pics as normal, but before you post, highlight the pics with your mouse, click the spoiler box, then click "ok".  The pics should show up in the preview pane in that peach box that indicates it's a spoiler.  Then when you click submit, they'll be hidden.

(If you're doing just one pic, you can click directly on the pic, then click "spoiler" and "ok".  If you're doing more than one, click and drag like you're highlighting a section of text until you have highlighted all the pics you want to hide)

Hope this helps!

Just as a somewhat hilarious side note:

I think Conscious Box is pumping up their Facebook comments section with positive things about this month's boxes by having their family/friends/employees post really positive things to balance out the usual negative comments they've been getting these past few months.

Emma Morris is the sister of Conscious Box's founder/president (Jameson Morris), and she also works there.

Evelyn is the girlfriend of Jesse Richardson (co-founder/used to be in charge of customer support, may still be.)

I find it kind of hilarious, yet really sad, that they are resorting to this. It's pretty shady and not terribly ethical since these ladies financially benefit from Conscious Box. Makes me think twice about the consciousness of Conscious Box.

Latest posts

Back