CONTEST: BH Cosmetics Back to School Contest [CLOSED]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My back to school look is very easy and can be done with a small amount of time. Thus, perfect for getting ready in the morning.  First, I evenly spread some liquid foundation to make my face more even. Then, I took a small amount of concealer and spread it just under my eyes. I then took a very light pink and used it in the inner corners of my eyes and above my lids. I used a bit of mascara and a shimmery lip gloss to accent my eyes. I used a silver and brown naked eye to finish it off.

Hello everyone!!

First off, I am excied to enter this contrest && wish all you ladies the best.

For my "Back To School Look" I like going doing a semi nude/natural look.

I feel the the less makeup the prettier.

I start off w/ a primer I use Revlon PhotoReady ( You may use what you like)

I spray two pumps of Skindinavia Oil Control ( I have very oily skin)

For foundation I like using L'OReal True Match ( I have mine in N5.5 Perfect Beige)

Powder L'OReal True Match Powder (N6 Honey Beige)

Eyeliner Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner

L'OReal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde

E.L.F Contouring Blsh && Bronzing Powder

Lips: Too Faced Totally Nude Lipstick

Once again I spray two pumps of Skindinavia Oil Control

So, that was my list of products I use, in the same order :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

My favorite back to school look is something clean and fresh that will last all day! I try to keep it simple. One thing I make sure to do is keep my brows groomed and filled in where needed. Since I wear glasses I think it is important to at least keep my brows really clean and defined. It helps to pull my look together. For this I have to always have my rimmel brow pencil in dark brown! It's less than $3 and is AMAZING! Next I use my bare minerals foundation in Medium and my Bare Minerals concealer in Bisque! I love these! They make my skin look to be natural and like it has nothing on it! I love that! I don't like to look like I have a cakey face...lol. Next I love to use my Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer! Number one it smells fantastic and number 2 it blends so easliy! I can contour with it or I can just add some color to my face! I use my paintpot from MAC in painterly to even out the color of my lids. Then I use my same brow pencil to line my upper and lower lash line and smoke them out a bit. A little mascara and a little gloss and I am out the door! Oh and my Urban Decay all nighter spray! LOVE IT!!! I can use this and my makeup stays put all day long! This takes minutes to do and I feel it looks natural and polished! Thanks for hosting this contest!!!! Good luck to everyone!

My favorite back-to-school look is a fairly natural one that can be accomplished in 5-8 minutes. I like to sleep as long as possible and it needs to be a regimen that can be accomplished quickly and while still not fully awake: a foundation or face perfector, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. That's realistically all I have time for during the morning rush.

My back to school routine would consist of a look that is beautiful, simple, classic, but still well put-together. I would suggest this for anyone that is looking for something that is easy and and all skill levels.

1. moisturizer

2.light concealer

3.bb cream (or some sort of light foundation)

4.a silver colour eyeshadow

5. a darker colour for the crease (I use dark purple because I have green/hazel eyes. You can use brown, black, navy, or purple for a simple look. or go crazy with a fun colour!)

6. liquid eyeliner to make a simple cat eye

7. mascara! (I can't stress mascara enough. If you don't have time to do anything else, at least throw some mascara on. It makes your eyes pop, and just gives you that extra bit of va-va-voom!)

8.a touch of powder to set everything on your face

9.lip gloss

And then I would say your done. I think my number one tip is MASCARA! It just can take you from looking dull to awake in seconds. 

I love neutrals && nudes for school && work. My essentials would be black eyeliner (to make me big eyes look a little smaller because that's the effect I like), concealer or tinted moisturizer for darker areas (no foundation because for me it's just too heavy for all day wear), coral blush && nude lips for the most part but if I'm feeling a little more colorful on a given day, I would do a pink lip or use a bold color like blue, purple or green eyeliner to jazz the look up a little, but still keep it minimal.

I like a back to school look that is very soft and romantic. My tip for creating this look would be to use soft, sweet colors that bring out your natural beauty without covering it up! 

To create this look I used:

• Too Faced Beauty Balm in Nude Glow
  • Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette
  • Buxom Mascara
  • Urban Decay eye liner in Ransom
  • Tarte Lipsurgence lip luster in Glisten
  • Benefit Blush in Sugarbomb
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

My best 'Back to School' look is a play-up on a natural look.   Start by applying a light shimmery shade of pink or nude all over the lid.  Make sure this color gets applied all the way into the inner corner.

The crease shade should be a deep purple or deep brown (shimmer optional) applied with a heavy hand to really pack the color on.  This should be applied in the outer third of the lid and outer corner of the crease - blending only about 1/2 way across the eye.  The deep color should really only be on the outer portion of the eye to create a shadow effect behind your lashes.

A medium color can be applied just above the deep crease color to easily transition and blend these colors.  Also, add a light shade just below the eybrows for a nice highlight. 

Apply black liner in a medium weight line all the way around the eyes (I recommend liquid on the top, and a gel or waterproof pencil on the bottom)

Finish off with a thick coat of mascara!  Now you have drama in an easy to apply method!

Hi there ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Well my backtoschool makeups ,... smoookey eyes ) yes,..i LOOVE smokey eyes, and I wear it like almost every single day. It doesnt take me long, now,.. that i got used to it. My makeup tip,.. tips ... first eye makeup, then foundation, corrector,.. and afcorse use shotchtape to create a perfect shape of the eye <3 this is me, and my smokey eyes,..love love love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) 

Thank you for having this contest,... love and kisses ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My favorite back to school look would definitely have to be a well blended smokey eye. 

To achieve this  look I first apply my loreal paris BB cream to prime my face for a flawless look on my No7 Boots Cosmetics foundation in the shade Nude 15.I then dab my foundation all over my face and then with my real techniques buffing brush I blend my foundation into my face with swirly motions. 

Next step: Eyebrows! Yay, my favorite part. NOT! I use my coastal scents brown eyeshadows to create a desired color, and with this I use my real techniques angled brush to shape my brows. I like to use my eyeshadows instead of an eyebrow gel and cream because I find that it looks more natural and less shiny. 

Now I do the eyes:  I first start off with my NYX eyebase in the nude shade. With this eyebase it allows my color of eyeshadow to last longer, and allows it to not crease. 

Then, I use scotch tape to line my eyes so that it collects any fall outs and also makes a sharp line. Next, I will take my Glamour doll eyes eyeshadow in a light shade of white, and next I will use my NAKED2 palette, to grab a neutral nude color and I will apply this to the middle of my eyelid. NOW, I'm going to apply "black out" in my Naked2 palette to the outer corner of my eye. With this, it might look very unblended and crappy. But guess what? I'm going to use my ELF blending brush to blend the white into the neutral and the neutral into the black shade, and the key to this is to BLEND BLEND BLEND. Once blended very well, take the tape off and you'll have a sharp line, YAY so pretty. Now, what I do is take a light pink NOT shimmery color and put it on my brow bone, this is a highlighter and really makes your eyebrows pop, as well as your eyes. I also apply a little eyeshadow on my lower lash line in the black color as well. Then after, I apply my liquid eyeliner on the top lid, allowing it to "wing out" as well as a little on the outer crease on my lower lash line. Now, I will apply false eyelashes (optional) and mascara. VIOLA! 

Now bronzing the face: I use my NYC bronzer and my bronzing brush to bronze my face, and blush my cheeks.

Lips: Because the eyes are so dramatic, I'll go with just a lipgloss in a light pink shade. So pretty. So cute. 

My back to school makeup look is basic look with nuetral tones(coopers, bronzes burgundy) nude lips(or browns and wines), I'm 46 years ols  and just received my GEd and this will be my first time ever going to college, I am accomplishing a major goal and dream in my life, and to win this gift for back to school would be icing on the cake for me. I'm just getting into makeup so i think to start off in natural/neutral colors would be idea.

Well I am not currently going back to school... but if I were I would do a twist on neutral by adding is a pop of color either in the eyeliner or with a pretty bright shade of eyeshadow. I like to keep things down to Earth and somewhat natural when I am "new on campus" so that I make a good first impression. =)

My tip for creating the look is to pick a color that will really make an impact! 

My favorite back to school look is using a one of my favorite colors such as blues or purples for a one shadow look.  To best achieve this look pop on the color all over the lid and blend it out through the crease to create a smokey look

My back to school make up is always light, natural and simple. BB cream with SPF, peachy cheeks, eyeliner, small amount of shadow to set the eyeliner. Then I curl my eyelashes and apply some lenghting mascara. Then I apply some highlight to make my skin glow if needed and some light shimmery eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eyes to brighten my eyes. And finally, I apply some pinkish-peach tinted lip balm on my lips to give a natural yet healthy look. 

My favorite back to school look was a soft pink shadow on the lid blending out into a little more prominent pink in the outer corner. I use a neutral skin tone shadow blending into an opal white for my under my brow and over my brow bone. Line the outside of your lids with a thin line and thicken it as its nearing the outer corner. Do not wing it out or cat eye it. Its close but not exactly meant to look like either of them. It's meant to make your lashes look a little more full. That's the secret to this look. I like to add cute symbols. This one I drew a heart with eyeliner! Don't forget to use mascara that matches your eyeliner! I think black works best for this. Finish with a soft pink lipstick and/or gloss :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, never forget to start with a clean foundation!

I like to keep it natural - a little translucent powder all over my face, light brown eyeshadow, a little mascara and pink lip gloss :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1-IMG_1378.jpg

Be natural, be you! Alot of times younger 'back to highschoolers' focus too much on taking away from imperfections like acne/acne scarring/redness by over-doing the eyeliner, or the lips, or getting lots of piercings, or covering faces with hair etc

Learn to create a lovely complexion if you weren't blessed with a natural one. Even your skin tone, dab on some gloss, a swipe of mascara. Easily done in 10 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back