CONTEST- BHCosmetics Time for a Change (CLOSED)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am constantly getting new tattooes and piercings, and I work in cosmetics, so I'm constantly trying new things.  However, there are two products that I feel like have made profound changes in my look.  The first was finding a primer that truly controlled how oily my face was.  It's amazing how much better I look when I don't have to worry about getting a shiny t zone, or more importantly, my foundation getting patchy.  The second product that changed everything was blush!  I was never a huge fan of blush, but I'm obsessed with it now.  I have so many different colors, I love wearing it different ways on my cheeks, and wear different levels of opacity.  I love blush!  It can truly wake up a face (..or scream streetwalker if done improperly, haha).

I have always been into makeup and fashion, but it really didn't show through me until a couple of years ago. I was in a really depressed state. I was also in a abusive relationship. Then one day i decided to make a change and i got out of it. It was then i decided to change myself. I became who i really was and my creative fashionista side came out. I changed my look inside and out. I was more happy and you could tell. I started getting into doing makeup more and more. Experimenting on myself and other people. Maybe one day ill be able to do makeup on more people than my friends and family. Good luck to everyone:)

When i came to Singapore from my County Myanmar!!!

I came to Singapore to study. Alot of changes happened.... MY environment, People, friends, Language, lifestyle etc etc.....

I've changed myself alot since than ...... including behavior , open-mined, style, language and THE LOOK !

I didn't really wear makeup when i was in my country and i didnt have much knowledge about that either.

Since i came to Singapore, I changed my haircut, makeup and also clothing style. I watched alot of Youtube videos and tried to learn the makeup looks ....... and then i changed my hair cut....... last time i used to keep my hair long and now i prefer medium length ..... 

So these 2 changes are my major changes according to the look..... Hope to be a lucky winner......

I am already following BH cosmetics in facebook and twitter. Thanks alot :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I basically had the same look and style all the way through highs hoop but then I started learning about all these fashion and beauty bloggers and was inspired I started my own and learned through a lot of trial and error what worked for me and gained fans throughout.

I think the biggest change I have ever made to my look was dying my hair blonde. I'm biracial, so it didn't look natural, but for some reason it still looked good on me. The only problem was it completely fried my delicate hair and it has taken me about a year to grow all my natural hair back out. I had a lot of fun being a blonde though, and tried out a lot of different makeup styles. My favorite was the colorful "punk rock" look that I achieved with blue, pink, and purple eyeshadow with silver glitter eyeliner. 

Change...sometime you have no choice BUT to change. You can ignore it,you can look the other way, you can make excuses but eventually it will slap you right up side the head and make you listen. A few years ago I was told I has (SLE) Lupus.

My first though was to ignore the diagnosis....I'm fine. That fatigue (working to much), that rash (to much sun) that joint pain (getting older). Pretty soon CHANGE was happening weather I liked it or not. CHANGE the way I eat, CHANGE the way I spend time in the sun, CHANGE how many hours I work. All these changes happened because I had no choice. They affected my functioning in everyday life.

My biggest CHANGE came this year when I started to put myself first in my life. I realized I had to CHANGE inside to be who I wanted to be on the outside. My beauty regime had never been a huge one. I now treat my self to quality products (and don't feel guilty). I go to work looking and feeling nice instead of rushing out the door not really bothering to do much. I take time for ME and enjoy painting my nails or trying a new eyeshadow technique.

I CHANGED the way I thought about ME. That one little CHANGE of putting myself first, started a snowball effect that had led/and is leading to lots of other changes happening in my life. I'm just along for the ride.

*FB (liked)*twitter(followed)*YouTube(subscribed)

After reading some of the other posts, the changes in my life don't seem so drastic, but they are milestones for me personally nonetheless.

First off, I discovered about 6 months ago that one of my closest friends has been resorting to drinking excessive amounts of alcohol as a way to relieve her from stress. It's been a rocky time for the both of us, but we've stood by each other long enough and I'm ecstatic to say that she's made a huge improvement.

Look-wise, to say the least, I've expanded my makeup collection by a lot these past few years. I've always had this creative streak in me but I was never very good at anything artistic like drawing, painting, singing, dancing, etc. etc. When I first started getting into makeup, I finally realized that it was something I was very passionate about. Now as I'm only another year from graduating high school, I feel that I'm destined to become a makeup artist. I've been experimenting with new looks every day and feel very fulfilled with my progress. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    

At the end of my junior year of college, I went through a bad breakup, so I decided to make a change to my look (seriously--bad idea, ladies). I cut 10 inches off my hair and got dark low lights (in my very blond hair). I swear it took me two years to get my hair back to the way it was. I now only make changes to my look when I'm feeling happy!

Well the short and sweet version of my changegoes like this. ... I've been a dressed up garbage can for a long time trying to be someone I'm.not by letting everyone else dictact how I should act, dress and look like. I've come to realize its best for me just to be myself and not give a crap what everyone else says. I am a woman and I can have blonde hair one day and black.the next. I've had blue hair and loved it! Its ok for me to wear crazy outfits and wear my crazy roller Derby outfits. I am a unique individual with so much to offer if ppl would just stop judging me on the outside and listen to what I have to say. Yes my makeup looks colorful sometimes and other times I wont wear any at all! U have to love me for who I am because I'm.not out to impress you and I love me for me! I wish the mainstream media would let women just be.I change every day and that's my change. Let me be different please because that is who I am! Oh and forgive my typos I'm on my phone. ;-) Xoxoxo Big Fruit :cool:

It was my first year in college...oh the glorious days of yore.  I got my nose pierced with the cutest little peridot stud (my birthstone) and chopped my waist-length super curly hair to above my chin.  This was 2003, and the style was short razored layered edges that flipped out with the swoopy bangs over the eye.  As a curly haired girl i was nervous how the look would be with both curly hair and blown-out straight then curling ironed tips...it was perfect.  I felt like a confident new girl at a new school with a new look.  9 years later...i realize that stepping out of your comfort zone and embracing change is a beautiful and empowering thing.  I love to experiment with new styles, new shades of lipstick eyeshadow etc...you're never too old, too boring, too whatever to play with your look! it's always exciting like an adrenaline rush and sometimes it doesn't work out and sometimes it does...but the hair always grows out and the makeup can always come off and you can try try again.

Hope i'm lucky! This is a great giveaway! 

I had to change my look when I moved to Oregon 6 years ago! I'm a Midwestern girl, born and raised in Iowa and had a very rough life. Through the pain I would eat to mask my emotions. I gained 200+ pounds between 2003-2007 and then got pregnant to top it all off! As a larger person I had to change my style because clothes wouldn't fit and it was/is hard to find stylish clothes that fit plus sized women! I'm now on my weightless journey to better health and losing weight for my three beautiful children who are still young so I can be active with them and play with them and not be embarrassed to be a parent volunteer on field trips, etc! And I'm finding now that I'm changing my style again as the weight comes off but this time it's a great feeling! Thank you for this giveaway! <3 Lexi Hinde

After my wedding 2 years ago, I cut my middle-of-the-back length hair to the middle of my neck in a a-line cut! It was DRAMATIC and I loved it -- now I'm growing it back out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I try to dye my hair a new color at least twice a year. It is so fun and interesting finding out what looks good with my new color, and what looks best on me! My hair has been black, with different splashes of color for the last year or so. Next I'm thinking I'll dye my tips blue!

I change my hair color and my clothing style every new semester at college, I like to start fresh with a new look, it's fun and it makes me feel better about myself :) 

I'm already following BH Cosmetics on Twitter (Sk3lly_Tin) and a FB fan (Amber Nicole), subscribed to youtube (Sk3llyTin) and +1 their google page :)

Good luck to every one :)

Changer is inevitable. The biggest changes are those that bring positivity into our lives The biggest change I have made in my look this year is being unafraid to go to extremes! The brighter, bolder, more complex the look, the more I love it! My hair is black on top and red underneath and longer than it's been in 3 years, my makeup is a reflection of my personality and willingness to be able to adapt and accept the things that I can't change! Fillers on twitter #AlyssaGCroft79, liked on FB, +1 on Google + "[email protected]", subscribed on YouTube "[email protected]"

I change my hair color every end of year, pretty much between black, brown and ginger-brown. and in the mid of year I try to go back to the original ashy dark brown.

I've change the style of makeup last year, thanks to the TB videos out there I've discovered so many different types of eyes, (mine are hooded, bit downwards and small) and it seems that I can pull off some kind of anime-smokey look for more elegant-night out.

This changes made me happier, because I really dislike monotony, And the fact that I  can improve the way I & my friends look makes all this learning process worth it.

When I was in high school, I was not the most outgoing person, stuck very close to the small group of friends that I had, and generally had a very "I'm above you" attitude (which was terrible). At the time, I had incredibly long black hair, was only beginning to experiment with makeup (so I was terrible), and didn't generally put myself together very well.

Then I decided I needed a fresh start before I started college, so I cut my long hair to my shoulders, bleached and dyed all of it a bright fuschia, got new purple glasses, got my first tattoo on the back of my neck, and started dressing a bit more creatively and attractively. And made myself a promise to be a kinder person and to make good friends that I'd make sure would last a lifetime. And I succeeded I think. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After years of being various shades of blonde.. a change from my golden brown hair requested by my ex-hubby. I had tried to go darker again via hairdressers and it didnt work. With the encouragement of my lovely daughter and some close friends a moment of experimental courage came. I found a beautiful shade of golden brown then added highlights and it turned our prettier than in years and far better than the hair dressers who actually put bleach on my hair (??) something I never use.. to go darker? Its a really nice change and bringing more courage  and liberation for more changes in the near future. 
claps.gif

My change was slow. I always had a short pixie cut from 3rd grade until finally one day after being called a boy for the who knows how many times. I was sick of it. I turned around to the kid that had been calling me a boy for the last 3 years and said "Why don't you come up with something new to say" I made a vow that day to change it all. Lots of trial and error later, I am still learning, still trying to understand which things look best and which ones to never try again (can we say I just cannot pull off blue eyeshadow AT ALL?). Senior year came around and I graduated, no longer the shy, self hating awkward 14 year old freshman. I was the confident, outgoing, still awkward 17 year old ready to take on the world.

Now I am 22, graduated for 5 years, a mom of a 2 year, been married for 4 years and trying to find that spirit that was my 17 year old self. She is slowly coming back, just slowly.

About two years ago, around Christmas time, as a young 20 year old, I was curious to try something new. I'd always had an interest for makeup, but never really used or wore it. My makeup collection was very minimal, and the few items I did have, were drugstore products. With my curiosity kicking in, I went to MAC and the purchase that would be the beginning of my makeup obsession! Lol. I started expanding my makeup collection, and before I knew it, makeup became my hobby. By doing my makeup, and friends makeup, I not only developed makeup skills, but I also found it to be my creative outlet. If I saw a painting, or anything else to inspire me, I would be so excited to make a look out of it. If I was having bad day, doing my makeup distracted me, and suddenly I forgot about what upset me and I felt better. With all of this, my look quickly went from no makeup, to all kinds of different makeup looks! Till this day, I continue to experiment with makeup and trying new things.

I am following BH Cosmetics on Twitter, and have liked them on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back