Contest - Giveaway: Sugarpill Cosmetics - Create a look called Colorful Winter Wonderland! (Value $415!) [CLOSED]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ladies!
Everyone has such wonderful looks!
Such great creations! 
I got inspired by this lollipop I use to eat as a kid. It was white blue and orange. It was the best!
I have also done a video tutorial for this look
It isn't uploaded yet if anyone is interested you can find me on youtube under: JyotiPurba
 ​
 ​

Hi Ladies!!! I went a Mary Kay training tonight and i was pumped so i decided to enter the contest finally!!

Ok My inspiration for this look was Fire & Ice....i thought it might be fun to mix hot and cold together so here is what i came up with!

Ok well all my glitter isn't showing up like i wanted it to but it's there!!!

Face: Rimmel 25 hr wear foundation mixed with lavender cream foundation for a whiter application, Sally girl loose glitter applied to tops of cheek bones and across forehead, Hard candy welcome matte powder to set areas without glitter. Maybelline eyestudio gel liner as beauty mark.

Eyes: NYX jep in Milk as primer. CS smokey pallette mix of light silver and icey blue for crease wash. CS 88 pallet (red on lid and swept out and down and into inner corners of eyes, yellow swept under lower lid middle only, white on brown bone). Maybelline eyestudio gel liner in blackest back, thick on top and waterline on bottom. 99 cent store false lashes...and yes i finally figured out how to apply the full strip! Maybelline greatlash mascara in black and hard candy glitter mascara in gold. Love n beauty brow palette as well.

Cheeks: CS 88 palette (bright orange shadow used for stark contour) Costco peach blush used to blend orange.

Lips: Bare Escentuals Buxom full color gloss in Roxanne and topped with BE pretty amazing lipgloss in strength

wel hello ladies and fans of makeuptalk!!!!!! this is my first time actully entering a makeup contest and trying new thing, being 13 is a big thing for me and trying to do my best with makeup ideas. also if u want to see more of my wonderful pop out makeup pics look me up on facebook and my name is Rebekah K Thomas ( the R,K and T  is capitalized).

now my look for today is called ursula the villian from little mermaid. this look is out of my comfort zone i would say, i decided to make this look and entered it into this one of a kind contest because i wanted to show my dark side and be a little fun with it. so this look could go for anything like costume parties and those kind of speacila occasions. <3

Christmas trees and houses in my neighborhood, covered in beautiful, colorful lights and ornaments- that was my inspiration for this look. I used a thin layer of white face paint to give my skin a lighter color, and silver shimmer and stars for the "magic":). And, obviously, some of my christmas tree ornaments. 

​
 ​
Later edit: I posted on both MakeupTalk and Sugarpill Facebook pages from my blog's page (Corina's Makeup Playground), and I suppose my posts got to the "spam" ("hidden posts") folder:(. Can you guys please check? Thanks!

I was inspired by Christmas, greens, reds, and golds. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Hard Candy Kal-eye-descope in Bad Reputation, ELF Studio Pigment in Golden Goddess, ELF 144 palette for the red inner corner highlight, and the green outer corner, Wet N Wild Blue Had Me At Hello palette, Jordana eyeliners in Black & Rock on Silver, ELF Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Twinkle Teal, ELF Liquid Liner in Copper, Wet N Wild Mascara Mega Length, and Hard Candy Lash Tinsel. For Face, I used ELF Flawless Face Palette Blush and Bronzer and Hard Candy Lipstick in Kitten.

When I think of Winter....I think of sitting by a warm fireplace all cozied up. So my inspiration for my makeup was fire. I used cool greens and blues on the lids and reds oranges and yellows through the crease and up.

I used Midori and royal Sugar on the lid and Love+, Butter Cupcake and Flamepoint in the crease. I also used a black with a reddish glitter in it from MAC called Beauty Marked in the crease to give it a bit more definition. Hope you like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This look was inspired from Mr. Mint, one of my favorite CandyLand board game characters who lived in Peppermint Forest :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I used Sugarpill Dollipop pink and Tako white and Jane Sage green for my eyes and Lips to create a "candy cane" theme. I used Hello Kitty sparkle glue under my cheeks and hand applied green candy sprinkles for added creativity. I also used Auquafresh toothpaste for a minty blue hue above my eye brows. My lashes are coated with Rimmel Glam Lashes black mascara. This look was super fun to create and I wouldn't hesitate to wear to a fun winter time party :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I <3 MAKEUP! 

I did a candy cane inspired look. I made the stripes using sugarpill and the crease and lower lash line using inglot. 

For my Colorful Winter Wonderland look I referred to the movie the Polar express as my interpretation. It shows a scenery of blankets of white snow everywhere and a beautiful evening sky with varied shades of blue brought on my the moonlight as it glistens on the snow. 

I used NYX milk JEP as a base

On My lid I used a matte white color from a Wet n Wild I love matte palette (also used on bottom lash line)

In the crease I used a matte blue also from same palette

For brow highlight I used a metallic white shadow from Coastal Scents metal mania palette

To deepen crease I used a Shimmery Royal blue NICKA K HD eyeshadow (also used on bottom lash line)

I used a few decorative accents to further enhance the scene of the polar express. On the inner and outer corners of my eyes i used crystal-like accents to represent icicles. The colorful elements between both eyes i used to represent the images in santas workshop, the placement of these were done in a particular way in an attempt to replicate a snowflake.

So, what I have here is my interpretation of a Winter Wonderland...I knew from the beginning that I wanted something very ethereal and light like the first snow of the year. Very light, fluffy and whimsical, but I also wanted to represent the harsh that the cold winter months can bring. I combined this ethereal concept with a the hardness of a tribal inspired look. Most of the look is purely make up in blue's, silvers and white's accompanied by shimmering glitter and the thoughtful placement of white feathers. Think of an ice queen, very beautiful to look at but she has a frosty bite!

I spent so much time doing a look for this competition :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did 3 looks for it but like the last one most. Just finished it and I don't want to take it off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to do something difficult and different and my inspiration came from a painting I did 2 years ago. I did it for my make-up classes and my teacher was amazed by it so I just changed the colors and put a lot of glitter so it looks more wintery.

I've used Kryolan TV paint stick foundation, 120 colors Manly palette, Sephora liquid eye liner, glitter without a brand haha, 66 colors lipstick palette and that's pretty much it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I think of a winter wonderland, I think of romance, and what is more romantic than kissing under the mistletoe?  The inspiration for my look, as in most of my life, is my husband.  His kisses symbolize love and the family we have created together, which makes Christmas the most magical time of year all over again year after year.

My sister (rinphoto) entered this contest, and when I saw her entry, I wanted to create my own look and enter too!  Thank goodness she let me borrow some of her makeup!  Having 2 kids makes it difficult to put good makeup in the budget.

To get this look, I started with Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lids to my brows as well as onto my cheeks a little.  I started the lines of the mistletoe with Ulta eyeliner in Aqua.  I then used Ulta's cream eyeliner in the dark green to add some shading to those lines and Sugarpill's Midori to fill them in and flesh them out.  I used a yellowgreen shadow from Ulta to add some highlight areas to the mistletoe as well.  The Holli berries were created with Sugarpill Love+ and the Mistletoe berries were created with Sugarpill's Tako.  Next, I moved on to my eyelids.  I started with Sugarpill Tako.  I created the cut crease with Maybelline line express eyeliner in Soft Black.  Above the cut crease I used Love+ and Micabella - Tango.  Under the eyes, I used Hip loose powder in Restless to add shimmer and brightness under my eyes.  Lips were created with Covergirl outlast lip colors (couldn't find the name on the tubes, so here are the numbers) 507, 521, and 523.  Then I added Micabella's Tango mixed with the gloss top coat to add sparkle.  Finally, the lashes, I borrowed from my sister.  They are by Fright Night, but I don't recall the name of them. 

I started with Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer in Brightening Pearl.  For the eyelids and mask, I used Sugarpill - Tako and Bare Minerals - Snowflake (to give it that extra shimmer).  For the swirls, I used NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Purple accented with Sugarpill's Dollipop, Poison Plum, and Afterparty.  In the inner corner of the eyes, I used Sugarpill - Buttercupcake and for the outer V - Sugarpill - Dollipop.  On the top lashline, I used Avon's Glimmerstick in Starry Night Blue (my favorite blue liner ever) and Ulta's white eyeliner.  The bottom lashline, I used Hydraeyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner crayon in Vixen Violet(...btw, this product SUCKS, don't ever get it, you practically have to dig out your eyeballs trying to put it on.  Ugh).  And finally, I am not 100% sure what brand the lashes are...I bought them at Halloween and have since thrown away the original packaging...they COULD be by Fright Night.  

My inspiration was a snow fairy.

View attachment 107

c3.jpg

View attachment 109

i was inspired by the white snow and coldness of winter. this season is filled with love and joy. i wanted to capture the cold and snow and interprate it into a dramatic but wearable look.

xoxoxo

for the eyes i used too faced shadow insurance then eye shadows tako, afterparty and bulletproof by sugarpill and mutiny pigment by mac. on the brow highlight is in sin by urbandecay. the glitter on the lid is from coastal scents it is fairy

the lashes are from salon perfect yes they are purple (awesome)

cat eyeliner is tart amazonian clay eyeliner in black on the water line and tight line is milani liquifi in black

foundation: lancome dual finish foundation in buff 

cheeks: bella bamba blush and lagoona bronzer by benefit and for my cheek nose and cupids bow highligh i used sin by urban decay

lips: revlon in cherry tart

eyebrows filled in lightly with elf brow kit in medium

i had a lot of fun creating this look i love the outcome!!!

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Vanessa

When I saw "colorful winter wonderland" I thought christmas lights at night! I was inspired by memories of driving through Winterhaven in Tucson, looking at lights during christmas time as a kid!

For this look, I used:

Urban Decay Primer Potion

NYX jumbo eye pencil "Black Bean"

Aromaleigh "Black Diamond" all over the lid

Evil Shades "13th Hour" in the crease

Mixed with TKB mixing medium and dotted on with a small brush: TKB Hilite Gold, Raspberry Pop, Apple Green Pop, Indian Blue, Pink Red/Blue shade

Lost in Makeupland "Faerie" to highlight

Hi-Fi "Clean Version" on the inner corner to highlight

MAC glitter liner "Girl Groove"

Thanks for the contest! All these entries are just beautiful <3

My inspiration came from several photos after I googled 'colorful winter wonder'. Several beautiful snowflakes pictures in bold blues, hints of purple, and soft whites inspired this icy look.

I started by applying Covergirl Natureluxe in Bamboo all over my face. I then use Covergirl Trublend in translucent light over my face and neck.

I hate how thin my eyebrow are so I filled them in with very dark brown eyeshadow from my makeup palette by Markwins. The palette came with 72 colors and was in a Walmart makeup gift basket, so I don't know the names of the colors or where to get more.

For the eyes, I started by applying Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer. I apply before each color and only on the area where the color is to go. I lightly applied an almost white, blue eyeshadow from the Markwins palette underneath my eyebrows along the brow bone, towards the bridge of my nose, and down under my eyes. I then used the rich, deep blue from Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow in Seashore Frosts. I applied it to my eyelids and swiped it lightly toward my temples. I also lightly applied it under my eyes and blended it in with my Trublend powder. I used a wide firm brush to apply both colors. For my crease I wanted to brighten it up a bit and used Maybelline Roller Color loose powder eyeshadow in On Track Lilac, carefully blending it in to give just a hint of lilac and swept it out towards my temples. The roller part is broken so I apply it using a wide fluffy brush. Lastly, I used a very small detail brush to dot in M.A.C. Pigment Powder in Contrast, a beautiful purple color, underneath my eyes and right above the lashes in the corners. It gives it a little splash of purple with all the soft blues.

On my right cheek, and under my eye, I drew two small snowflakes in NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black. To make them look like snowflakes, I dusted them with bright blue Twinkle Dust Glitter while they were wet. I got the glitter a long time ago with a barbie doll. It has lasted forever. For my lips I used Clinique Full Potential Lips in Voluptuous Violet.

Hope ya'll liked my winter look and Merry Christmas everyone!

Being from snowy Alaska, and now a resident of Colorado, I found it an interesting title "Colorful Winter Wonderland". As you can imagine, in these places, the only colors you really see in the winter are white and blue, thus the main colors in my look. But as the Holidays roll around, multitudes of tiny colors sprout from unexpected places. The reflection of the sun on tiny snowflakes, iridescent and filled with magic, Christmas lights of every color adorning the neighbor's windows, and even ice-crystal rainbows, hanging in the sky as a reminder that the cold harshness of winter will eventually come to an end. These are the things that inspired my look.

For my look, I first covered my face in a soft white base (Halloween makeup) then powdered that with Tako (Sugarpill).

I then filled my eyebrows with Afterparty (Sugarpill) after applying Biege shade stick (MAC). Over that I placed loose fine blue glitter.

I used the same glitter with a clear gel to make the iridescent snowflake on my forehead as well as the stars beneathe my eyes.

Then the eyes - Goldenrod (MAC) covered in Goldilux (Sugarpill), a layer of Afterparty (Sugarpill) soon covered with Dollilop (Sugarpill) and then Stars and Rockets (MAC). For the crease I used a thin line to blend the golds into the blue using Midori (Sugarpill) and finished with Tako (Sugarpill) below the brows. For the liners I used Penultimate (MAC) and Black Eye Pencil (MAC). I smoothed the gold, green and blue down along the sides of the nose and blended it out. For the liner I used Zoomlash (MAC) and sadly, no falsies :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For the lips I used the Shade Stick (MAC) and covered it with Afterparty (Sugarpill) and loose blue glitter.

For the light spots I simply used makeup remover and a q-tip to simulate snowballs to go with the snow flakes. I then applied small jewels with lash-glue. Over the entire face I then lightly powered Frozen White (MAC) to give it an iridescent look.

And that's my look! I hope you enjoyed it ^^ First makeup contest ever! I had a lot of fun and am finding a deep love for Sugarpill. Thanks for putting this on!

LuminousKiss

The inspiration for my makeup was Kerly's music video for the song Army of Love. 

White glitter reminds me of the sparkly snow late at night reflecting the moon's light.

The blue colours remind me of the coldness outside.

I know it is not very "Colourfull" but I hope you enjoyed it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back