Contest - Giveaway: Sugarpill Cosmetics - Create a look called Colorful Winter Wonderland! (Value $415!) [CLOSED]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I was inspired by the cool colors found in snow and ice around christmas time. I started my look off by highlighting with white and light blue and contouring with darker blue. Then, I added snowflakes and swirls (like wind blowing) all over my face. I cut a CD into small pieces and placed them on my eyebrows, to look like cracking ice. I used ribbon and tin foil on my eyelashes to make them look like icicles and also added feathers and seed beads to my eyelashes for more color. I finished it off with glitter on my lips and rhinestones and more foil around my face. For my hair, I made a "crown" by braiding fake hair and attaching it to my head like a headband and adding crystals into it.

Winter always sparks my inner makeup artist. In the winter, inspiration is found in so many places. What inspired me is all the cool tones, snowflakes, and glitter c: Although this might not be a winner, I had much fun creating this look.

All I did was apply a blue/white pigment from Naked Cosmetic's Ivory Collection all over my lid. Then I applied Lime Crime's Mirror Mirror mixed with Sugarpill's Royal Sugar and Lime Crime's Empress into the crease. I drew a little snowflake next to my eye using Hard Candy's "Walk The Line Eyeliner" in Asphalt. then dipped a wet brush in some blurple glitter and patted it over my little snowflake. For my lips, I first applied chapstick using EOS's Lemon Drop and then glided on Lime Crime's Chinchilla lipstick from the bullet.

Hope you guys like my look and have a happy winter! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Mariah<3

my inspiration came from my Christmas tree and the traditional Christmas colors! I used sugarpill Love + Midori and Tako. Merry Christmas everyone!

my inspiration came from my Christmas tree and the traditional Christmas colors! I used sugarpill Love + Midori and Tako. Merry Christmas everyone!

How To:

Eyes- I prime my eyes with UDPP. Then I use Benefit eye BRIGHT as a base. Using Essence of Beauty smoky-wide brush, I padded the white color in wnw ( Wet n Wild) Pride palette all over lid. After that, I use MAC 275 brush to color my crease with the same WnW palette (shimmering nave blue & green-teal). Then I use the gray color from wnw Greed palette for my lids. To make my eyes pop even more, I use MAC's Golden Lemon ( Pigment) & Chrome Yellow on my inner lids. Then MAC Gulf Stream & Cool Heat to help blend on my outer corner. To highlight my crease I use the silver color from wnw Don't Steal My Thunder palette. Then I use MAC Pigment Quick Frost to highlight my brow bones. To make lids duochrome, I use MAC Pigment Pink Opal. Next, I use Revlon's Glamour eyelashes ( I don't really like it but it was the only false lash I had available =/). For my water Iine, I use Rimmel Cool Blue, and MAC Electric Eel to settle it. After that, UD 24/7 eye pencil in Gunmetal to line. To make my eyeliner pop, I use the silver color from wnw Don't Steal My Thunder. Last but not least, I use Almay bright eyes to color in my brows.

Face- I use Monistat chafing cream to prime. Then I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC30. To contour, I use benefit Hoola. To highlight, I use MAC MSF Soft and Gental, Quick Frost, & Pink Opal.

Cheeks- I use Smashbox Blush Rush in Radiance and Benefit Dandelion to tone it down a bit. To highlight I use MAC MSF in Perfect Topping and Petticoat.

Lips- First, I lined it with Rimmel Exaggerate lip liner in Eastend Snob (063). Then I use Cover Girl lipstick in Cinnamon Sugar. Then MAC Lipglass in Expensive. To highlight, I use MAC Glitter Reflects Blue.

How It Inspired Me:

To me, colorful winter wonderland is a magical place where lights are coolly shimmering, snows are glittering, and ice are frosty blue. Those are the type of colors that inspired my look.

Cosmetics used:

-Shade 520 Creamy Natural Cover Girl Clean concealer as primer for my eyes

-From the Profusion Glamour Colour Collection:

-Dark Blue

-White

-Grey/Black

-Covered my face with White Profusion powder

-Markwins International red/pink blush

-Markwins red lip gloss

-Scream Queen Black Magic Fright Night false lashes

-Kiss Premium eyelash glue

-Claire's skin jewels

-Elf black liquid liner

-NYX Glitter On The Go

Check out my entry for the @MakeupTalk x @Sugarpill Cosmetics "Colorful Winter Wonderla nd" giveaway! hed the ttp://www.makeuptalk.com/t/122278/contest-giveaway-sugarpill-cosmetics-create-a-look-called-colorful-winter-wonderland-value-415

I was inspired by a California winter. In California you do not see snow on the ground you see green grass. So, I used the colors green,blue and yellow.

1. First I applied the concealer

2. Applied liquid foundation

3. Applied powder foundation

4. I used a dark forest green from my e.l.f. 24k gold palette and applied it to the whole lid

5. I applied sugarpill's afterparty to the crease and blended that color with the forest green.

6. Using the e.l.f palette I used a yellow with a bit oh shimmer and applied it to the brow bone.

7. I applied sugarpill's goldilux to the inner corner of my eye and blended it out.

8. I grabbed a blue eye pencil and applied it on the inner corners of my lower lash line.

9. I applied a black eyeliner to the rest of my lower lash line.

10. Apply mascara

11. Used a flushed pink blush for my cheeks

12.And classy pink lipstick for my lips.

I used MAC Prep+Prime, some moisturising foundation from Body Shop, a tad of Kryolan anti-shine powder and pink blush from Sephora for my face.

For my eyes I used Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion, Sephora colorful duo in black&white & some bright orange eyeshadow as well as some brown and white shimmery eyeshadow and black eyeliner. And at the end just some dark brown and white mascara to finish it all off.

My inspiration for this look started with my first asociation when hearing the worlds "winter wonderland" - a forest. Then the "colourful" bit sank in and my brain got a tad confused. I couldn't seem to find an idea that I liked. Then one day I was ust browsing the internet and saw a pretty picture of a fox in a snowy pine forest and so... this is what I came up with. I wanted my eyes to remind of those of a fox and added some shimmer to them to make it look like a foxs' coat just after snowfall. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to use all of the wonderful holiday colors. I first used Sephora eye primer. My colors were from Glittersniffer and I used the Holiday Collection on my eyes. I also used Hard Candy Silver. On my lips I used MAC Blue Bullet with green glitter eyeshadow on top. 

I started with face primer. Used Kryolan eyeshadow and Giordani porcelain foundation for base. Then the eyes.. Applied white pearl eyeshadow from Oriflame to inner corner, Sephora black eyeshadow to outer corner. Layered on blue and green DUO eyeshadow from sephora, then violet and pink eyeshadow from Oriflame. Finished it off with black eye liner from Sephora at outer eye corner and white H&M white liner on lover eyelid. Applied also Rainbow mascara to upper eyelashes and glued blue/black cut feathers.
Draw eyebrows with brown eyeshadow from oriflame.
Applied 3 different tones of pink eyeshadow to face under cheekbones and on forehead. Applied Oriflame white highlight on cheekbones and temples. Glued 3 black plastic crystals on each side of forehead.

Inspiration came from Nothern Lights.. Cold, but colourful and mysterious.

So for this look I was inspired by blue christmas lights because I think they are the prettiest of them all.

Face

[Palladio Herbal Concealer]
[MAC Studio Fix Plus Foundation]
[ben Nye Crème (White)]

Lips

[Lip Balm]

Eyes

[ben Nye Crème (White)]
[Kat Von D's True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Metal Orchestra.
-Techno
-Thrasher
-Dagger]
[MAC Eye Shadow (Electric Eel)]
[Matte Pressed Eyeshadow (White)]
[Glitter]
[MAC False Lashes Mascara]
[Palladio Liquid Eyeliner (Black)]

First I used my concealer to fix my problem areas and I applied the white creme to my cupids bow, bridge of my nose, cheek bones and the tip of my nose to achieve a symmetrical base.Then I put on my powder to let the creme sit and to fill in the rest of my face. 

I proceeded to apply the white creme on the top and base of my eyelid. Used the pallet starting with the darkest color in the outer corner of my eye then in the middle blended in the middle blue and same process in the corner of my eye. Then adding my white on the bottom and top of my lid to add a drastic highlight. Blended that into my blues and at the top of my color a faint line of electric eel.

I like how when you are really cold your lips start to loose color so I wanted to mute my lips with my concealer and a little bit of lip balm for shine.

And whats the best thing about christmas lights? How shiny they are! So I had to add some glitter on the edges of my eyes.

Finishing this look with my liquid eyeliner and mascara

Hope you liked it
:3

What inspired me to do this "Colorful Winter Wonderland" look was the yearly Christmas Parade of Boats. The beautiful colors glistening off of the night time water from all of the lights and Christmas decorations.  

On the eyes I started off with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and outlined the glares with Sephora Pure White Nano Eyeliner to get a cut crease look.  Then for each color section i used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk and repeated the process so i can make a gradient effect, when i put the eyeshadows on top. In the outside and inner corners of my eye, i used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk with Sugarpill Cosmetics Tako to give a more clean winged line. As the main lid color i used MAC eyeshadow in Retro-Speck, and for my winged eyeliner i used Too Faced Starry-Eyed Liquid Eyeliner in Silver Lining. On my waterline i used Sephora Pure White Nano Eyeliner and Tako from Sugarpill Cosmetics and below my waterline i used MAC eyeshadow in Bitter. Finished the eyes with MAC Plush Lash in Plush Black for my mascara. For the cheeks i used a frost color by MAC called Pearl and on top of that i applied Pearl Blossom MAC Beauty Powder, Dolly Mix MAC Blush and Porcelain Pink MAC MSF. For the lips used a pink tinted lip conditioner called Miss Bunny MAC.

Eyes

Eyeshadow Primer Potion Urban Decay

Pure White Sephora Nano Eyeliner

Milk NYX Jumbo Pencil

Silver Lining Too Faced Starry-Eyed Liquid Eyeliner 

Retro-Speck MAC eyeshadow

Bitter MAC eyeshadow

Tako Sugarpill Cosmetics

Plush Black MAC Plush Lash Mascara

Left Eye

Red MAC pigment

Coppering MAC eyeshadow

Peppier MAC eyeshadow

Orange MAC eyeshadow

Firespot MAC eyeshadow

Chrome Yellow MAC eyeshadow

Gorgeous Gold MAC eyeshadow

Lime MAC eyeshadow

Juxt MAC eyeshadow

Midori Sugarpill Cosmetics

Right Eye

Dollipop Sugarpill Cosmetics

Sushi Flower MAC eyeshadow

Dear Cupcake MAC eyeshadow

#92 Make Up For Ever

Beautiful Iris MAC eyeshadow

Afterparty Sugarpill Cosmetics

Fade MAC eyeshadow

Cool Heat MAC eyeshadow

Zonk Bleu! MAC eyeshadow

Cheeks

Pearl MAC Frost

Pearl Blossom MAC Beauty Powder

Dolly Mix MAC Blush

Porcelain Pink MAC Mineral Skin Finish

Lips

Miss Bunny MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner 

DewyJube MAC LipGelee

I don't think my entry posted so I am reposting simply for that.  If some reason I am double posting and just can't see it, someone please feel free to let me know D:

This is the look in white light

This is the look under incandescent lighting :]

I was loosely inspired by Princess Frostine from the Candy Land game.  I wanted to creat a look that was somewhere between an art piece and a wearable look.  I chose a subtle masquerade mask and smokey eye in an icy blue shade.  A light dusting of a bright pink was given to my nose and cheeks for a chilly flush and the feminine pink lips were touched with a hint of frostbite.

Happy Winter Wonderland to all<3

[SIZE=medium]My inspiration*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]When I hear winter I think in blue and silver so for the colorful part I applied colors that follow the blue in the rainbow like purple and pink and for the wonderful part I applied glitter in different colors like turquoise, pink, royal blue, fucsia and purple and for my face I used litmus flakes which also are related with the colorful part [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I just really take my brush and Start drawing on my face:D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Face*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I used a concealer for my dark circles and red spots, then I applied a Clinique foundation and a translucid powder for seal the concealer and the foundation. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Then I applied a neutral shimmering shadow in my bridge nose and in the apples of my cheeks for define. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]For the corners of my face I applied Hard Candy eye def (glitter shadow) and I blend it for make a background for the craft flakes that I also applied, this represent the snow flakes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cheeks* [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I just applied hot pink shadow [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Eyes*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I used my 88 original palette from Coastal Scents because it’s all the make up that I own^^ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]For the inner corner and lid I applied a silver color that I also applied in the dark circle area.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]For the crease and above the crease I applied a turquoise color and for the inner corner of the crease I used the Hard Candy eye def (glitter shadow)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In the outer corner of my eye I used a hot pink shadow and I also applied craft glitter in different colors[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In the middle of lower lash line I applied a purple shadow[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]And for my water line I used a silver shadow[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lashes*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I used fake lashes (I don’t know what brand are they) and instead of use mascara I used the Hard Candy eye def (glitter shadow) that I used in the inner corner of my crease [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lips*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I totally cover my lips with concealer and I applied pink shadow in the middle, I also used pink lip gloss just in the middle[/SIZE]

This is my entry for the contest :3 Kinda rushed, but oh well >__<
My Inspiration was: The Nutcracker..... xD
Yup :3 My though process was just like...Colour...Winter.....NUTCRACKER! xD
So, I did a white and green (for evergreen trees xD) eye, with glitter added to the white :3 
And I make my eyebrows blue for Snow/ice.
Then, I drew a snowflake on one eye xD Well, most of a snowflake :3
I added colour to the snowflake, blending each colour xD I got the snowflake from the Snowflakes in the nutcracker, and I used 
bright but kinda frosty/wintery colours inspired by the colours of the fairies in the Barbie version of the Nutcracker :3
For eyeliner, I took inspiration from my poster of the Nutcracker, which features two Arabian Dances on it.
I did two veriations of the lips, One dark pink with pink sugar, and the other was a light pink with more glitter :3 ~ both inspired by the Sugar Plum Fairy :3
For the second variation on the lips, I put the pink sugar on my cheek to act as a blush :3 
And thats It :3

Products used:
Rimmel Soft Kohl eyeliner ~ White
Rimmel eye shadow ~ Pink 
Urban Decay Ammo pallet ~ Polyester bride, Shattered, Maui Wowie.
Claires Accessories Pallet ~ Green, Purple, Blue
Gosh ~ Eyeliner
Mac lipstick ~ Russian Red ( I put the white eyeliner over it to make it pink xD )
There ya go :3, Nothing special, but I though I may aswell give it a go xD 
I had fun anyway xD  And good luck to everyone D: I saw so many amazing entries D;
Pictures (A few edits, Some flash, some with no flash, Some closeups xD)  

Hi this is the first giveaway I've ever entered that has to do with makeup. First of all when I saw that the theme was Winter Wonderland, I thought about lights since it's the holiday season and that's why I incorporated different colored rhinestones in this look. I just used moisturizer before I applied foundation and went ahead and set it with powder, then I applied primer. The eyeshadows I used are mostly from my BH cosmetics 3rd edition 120 palette. Without the red and that hint or gold in the center of the lid, the look is pretty much "cold" so by adding red and gold, it tones down the "coolness" of the look. Unfortunately, I didn't save a copy of the full face and I only had the cropped ones but what I had on my lips is just nude lipgloss and I actually had no blush or bronzer on my cheeks. And that is the finished look. I hope you guys like it.

For today's look I was inspired by Sugarplum Fairies. I wanted to create an adventurous  look that was versatile enough to wear everyday. ​
The products I used were Mac Studio Fix Foundation, Studio Fix Powder, Paint Pot in Orchid, for the left eye I used a shimmery white in the inner corner faded into Makeup Forever's #92 and onto Make Forever Pink loose pigment. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Turquoise eyeliner. I also I used Dior white and gold for highlight. 
For the Right eye, I used Dior Shimmery White faded into Mac's Electric Eel with Mac's Carbon in the outer crease, then I lightly dusted Tony & Tina's shimmery turquoise over the entire lid. I used Mabeline liquid black eyeliner along with CoverGirl's Lashblast for both eyes. Ardel Eyelash glue was used to apply feather lashes as well as rhinestones and glitter/gold flakes. And finally for the cheeks I used Wet & Wild Rose Blush. ​
I hope you enjoy my creation. :) Good luck, everyone. ​

Hello! First of all, thank you very much for this opportunity!
In southern California I was born and raised, outside in the sun I've spent most of my days! Anyway, all joking aside, I have never really experienced snow or the way the world around me reacts to it. My look was inspired by winter nights spent with my friends, surrounded by white lights which gave off a blueish/purple glow in the fog around them. On the hottest summer days, I dream of these winter nights with their clouded white lights. Winter is my personal wonderland, especially in a place where I almost never experience really wintery weather.
For my look I used a frosty white shadow on my lids and blended a dark blue shadow up and out, and then darkened my creases (I hate that word) with Mac's Grape pigment and a hot pink pigment by Inglot (I can't for the life of me remember the number). I then lined my waterline with white liner, then blended out blue shadow, followed by the purple and pink pigments. Lastly, I applied black liner to my eyes and stuck on some no name 50 cent eyelashes. After finishing my eyes, I applied concealer and foundation, contoured, applied blush, filled in my brows, and then applied Too Faced's Barely Legal gloss.
Done!

Products used:

• Sugarpill Sweetheart Palette (Afterparty, Tako, Midori and Dollipop)
  • Sugarpill Goldilux and Magentric (thanks for the sample, Shrinkle! LOL)
  • Hot Topic Baked Eyeshadow in Purple
  • Make Up For Ever- Aqua Cream in 20
  • NS Mineral Cosmetics- "Love" Stack (iridescent colors)
  • E.L.F. Eyelid Primer
  • E.L.F. Liquid Liner in Silver
  • Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Black
  • Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette- assorted colors for shading effect

The completion process:

First, I made sure my skin was well moisturized before daring to attempt using the Make Up For Ever aqua cream (it is very unforgiving and can crack easily).  After coating the entire area with eye primer, the Make Up For Ever aqua cream was applied evenly on my cheeks and forehead (longest and trickiest part of the whole process, haha!).  Then I blended purple and blue eyeshadows together over the entire surface of the aqua cream, leaving my eyes to finish later.  For the Northern Lights, I first piled on as much Dollipop, Tako and Midori as I possibly could for a vivid color, keeping the basic shape of the waves you see above.  I then applied iridescent pink, white, and green eyeshadow (looks white in the jar and explodes with color when applied!) for that electric sheen, followed by pulling through the shape with a slanted eyeliner brush to make it look more like rays of light.  Next came the ornamental snowflake crown design on my forehead... okay, MAYBE this was a little trickier than that aqua cream, haha!  I used a teeeeeny tiny painter's brush for this, improvising the design as I went along.  My eyes were a simple gold lid (Goldilux), pink crease (Dollipop), green liner over the crease (Midori) and a white highlight (Tako).  Mascara as usual with a tiny bit of iridescent blue-green powder for effect... aqua cream on my lips and using the same purple, blue, and iridescent green eyeshadows traveling inward to the highlight on my bottom lip.  Add flowers, crown, and a kitten... and you're finished! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Inspiration

Ever since I was little, I was fascinated by the arrival of winter... there was a Disney cartoon that showed fairies turning the leaves and bringing frost, and I literally believed that's what caused the seasons for quite some time (hey, who knows?).  The Sugarplum Fairy was their queen and the most beautiful fairy of them all, of course, and I have always loved to daydream about the fairy world and how everything might look to them- a colorful winter wonderland, no doubt!  So for my work, I introduce to you... the Sugarpill Fairy!
heart.gif

Phew, I think that's it and I am almost down to the last minute of the contest, hahaha... thank you, Makeuptalk.com, I'm so excited to have found this place and I will definitely be a very active member from now on!  Thank you Shrinkle and everyone at Sugarpill for the absolute best cosmetics I have ever used.  Good luck to everyone and I have LOVED seeing all of your creations! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love, Christy

aka MystixMakeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back