Contest - Giveaway: Sugarpill Cosmetics - Create a look called Colorful Winter Wonderland! (Value $415!) [CLOSED]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My colorful winter wonderland is inspired by the NORTHERN LIGHTS, and the colors I feel in the winter time. I have an old sketch that I made using the same colors  I wanted to do a frosty look without giving myself an entire mask. (that would look tacky on my face and I know it haha.)

I started with lots of NYX pencil white base and then added light purple pencil and loose purple shadow around my outer edge, crease, and under eye. Then added iridescent white-purple all around. Then lightly applied a bright yellowish green, and added 2 blues and teals for definition. I used sparkly deep teal for my eyeliner on my top line and waterline. Using clear mascara, I packed on a mixture of snowy and holographic glitter to the lashes. I added glitter to my browbone and used a shimmery white cream shadow to highlight my cheeks, nose, browbone and inner corners. 

I used a dark teal on my eyebrows. 

After a LOT of blending, tweaking, patting, and dabbing, I added more white shimmer to most of my face and finished it off with a bright berry pink lip gloss. 

Voile! Cold crisp snowy night looking at the beautiful Aurora Borealis. 

(All pics with flash except the snowflake close-up; no flash to show the snowflakes better.)

This is my rainbow snow lady look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was inspired by.. just pale colors and frosty-looking skin. Kind of like the White Witch from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movies. It took me several hours to get it looking the way I wanted and I used a lot of products:

First I used Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer on my face. Then I used a soft synthetic brush to buff foundation all over my face; I used Revlon Colorstay in Ivory for Combination/Oily skin. Next I used another soft synthetic kabuki-type brush to dust highlighter all over my face, concentrating on my nose, cheekbones; I used Butt Naked eyeshadow from BFTE Cosmetics. For rosy cheeks I used Secret Star blush from Darling Girl Cosmetics on the apples of my cheeks. Next I added the yellow and blue on my cheekbones and temples; for the yellow I used Yellow Brick Road eyeshadow from BFTE Cosmetics, and for the blue I used a combination of aqua shadows in my collection, trying to get the right color and opacity. (It mainly ended up being a combination of BFTE "Cornflower" and Darling Girl "Mystique".) I also used Mystique on my eyelids; it's a pale aqua color with pink sheen, so pretty! I also used a little more BFTE "Cornflower" on my outer corner/crease area. Next I used more Butt Naked shadow to highlight heavily all along my browbone to my inner corner/tear duct area, as well as on my eyebrows. Then I applied a Sephora brand white eyeliner pencil along my lower waterline and lashline, winging out at both inner and outer corner. Along there I dusted on a little matte white eyeshadow from my Coastal Scents 88 Palette. After applying false lashes, (Red Cherry #507 with Duo glue), I used a little black liquid liner along my inner lashline because the lashes stopped too abruptly, lol. (Falsies have a hard time fitting to my eye shape :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) Next I took a piece of Scotch tape and used a snowflake shape-puncher to punch a snowflake-shaped hole in the tape; I stuck it on my temples and down along my cheekbones, dabbed on some Glitter Glue from Darling Girl, and patted on NYX "Snow" glitter, using a concentrated amount. I then peeled off the tape and was left with lovely little glittery snowflakes. Using my fluffy synthetic brush and a small soft paintbrush from a craft store, I blended out the colors with more Butt Naked shadow so they would be soft, and also used it to highlight my face a lot because I wanted a really pearly frosty finish to my skin, almost like Data from Star Trek, haha. Finally I used some foundation on my lips and patted more Butt Naked over them to make them sort of blend into my face a little. That's all! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been wanting to do this since the contest was first announced, and I'm glad I finally found time to create my entry. I like how it turned out, to me it's the epitome of a Colorful Winter Wonderland. I would love to place in this contest and win some Sugarpill!!!!!!!!!

My entry was inspired by Mr Heat Miser <3. Most people don't think the colors yellow and orange isn't christmasy but to me it is. I love Mr. Heat Miser when I was a child I love him now as I am an Adult. This is my Colorful Winter Wonderland Look. 
Material list:
  • My Pretty Zombie mineral eye shadow - Murder
  • My Pretty zombie mineral eye shadow- Old Bruise
  • Santee Love all Me Bronzer
  • Loreal eye liner

Happy Holidays to Everyone <3 

Once again:

Just remember that Posts held in moderation will NOT affect your entries
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Veronies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably a kinda stupid question, but when ever I try to post my pictures a link just shows up in the comment not the picture itself. So, how do I get my pictures to show?

For this contest I was inspired by the cover of Perfect by Ellen Hopkins. The colors on the cover just scream winter to me and it's so beautiful. I put Tako all over my lid and put Lumi over it. Then I did a black cut crease and added Poison Plum and Dollipop to it. I put Afterparty underneath my eyes and lined it with liquid liner. I then added fake lashes and used Poison Plum as blush. For my lips I mixed Royal Sugar and Poison Plum with a clear gloss. I filled in my brows with Royal Sugar, Poison Plum, and Afterparty.

Full list of Products:

From Sugarpill:

Poison Plum  

Dollipop 

Afterparty 

Lumi

Tako

Royal Sugar

Liquid liner from E.l.f

Powder foundation from Just Pure Minerals

Lashes from eylure Naturalites #116

For this look I was inspired by the cover of Perfect by Ellen Hopkins. The colors of of the cover just scream winter to me and it's so beautiful. I put Tako all over my lid and added Lumi over it. Then I did a black cut crease and added Poison plum and Dollipop to it. I put Afterparty underneath my eye and lined it with liquid liner. I filled in my brows with Royal Sugar, Poison Plum, and Afterparty. I added some fake lashes and used Poison Plum as blush. And for my lips I mixed Royal Sugar and Poison Plum with some clear gloss.

My Colorful Winter Wonderland was inspired by Christmas Morning, Snow on the ground, the tree all light up with all the different colored lights, glass balls and ornements, and presents under the tree, a child hood game most remember getting on Christmas "candy land!" Its a winter wonder candy land! 

Very fun look, lots of glitter lots of color!

LIPS:

NYX: Sparkling Rose

Urban Decay: Lip junkie lip glass

EYES:

Primer Potion Urban Decay

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk all over my lids up to the browbone and on lower water line.

Lower lid inner-corner Macs'/Miss Piggy,

Mid lid-120 palette/pale pink and light pink

Outer lid corner- Urban Decay woodstock

Crease Mac Wonder Woman Blue

Glitters, NYX crystal and cool blue, LA Splash pink delight/Chic.

Eyebrows drawn in and La Splash Sea gold on top

NY eyeliner

La Splash use for base.

Eyelash no name (ebay)

I hope some one can tell me how to fix this!

CandyCane Glitz and Glam :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Products i used

A HotTopic Brand White Pencil Eyeliner - on my lids as a base, on lips, and on water line.

Blend Mineral Makeup in a red fine glitter- On lids, and lips

Hottopic brand red liner- on lips.

MicaBella Mineral Makeup- in Zircon (white) -on browbone. Moss (green) - On lids,

NYX super skinny eyeliner marker.

What Inspired me

The candy cane ornaments i was using as earrings -HAHA (yes they look a tad bit like bacon) I was pullings things out of the shed, and discovered them and i loved the sparkles and i always love contrasting colours, so i went ahead and played around with my makeup since i hadn't done a dramatic look in while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i hope everyone likes it and good luck to everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

"Colorful Winter Wonderland"

When I saw the the them of this contest, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. See I live in Texas, and it never snows here. It may ice, but it never really snows. I do remember a trip I took to Aurora, Illinois. I was in the fourth grade, in the middle of winter. When I arrived I saw mountains and mountains of snow everywhere. I couldn't believe my eyes, I truly never saw anything as beautiful. We went to the Children's Museum in Chicago, and they were playing a winter show in the middle of downtown. There was this beautiful Winter Princess that came and danced in the show. She had this masquerade masque on and beautiful white clothing. It almost reminded me of Marie Antoinette. I decided to use this as my interpretation of "Colorful Winter Wonderland"ENJOI[unfortunately, I do not own any Sugarpill Cosemetics, I do hope to obtain some soon]

FACE:

Foundation: Almay Smart Balance - Light/Medium

Face Paint - White [sponge]

Cheeks:      Cover Girl Blush - Plum

Lips:           L'Oreal Lipstick - Volcano

EYES:

Eyeshadow: BH Cosmetics 120 Color Pallet 2nd Edition Light Blue/Turquoise/Dark Blue

Eyelashes: Silver tipped eyelashes

Eyeliner:     Maybeline Gel Liner

Mascara:    Cover Girl Lash Blash Fusion /Blackest Black Waterproof

Stickers: Sticko "Winter Snowflakes"

Directions: On a clean face, I applied my foundation adding blush, after I put on white face paint around my eyes to simulate a masque. I then used a bristled sponge and tapped the edges to give the snow look. Then, I put the light blue eyeshadow in the corners of my eyes, and the blended in the turquoise til about mid eye, after added dark blue in the creases of my eyes. Next applied the stickers on my face with a tweezer. Then, I added gel eyeliner and mascara, added the eyelashes and finished with the lipstick.

WITHOUT EYELASHES

"Different Lighting"

Hi folks! Hopefully these images will help you post your images into your entry. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you have any questions please feel free to PM any one of us moderators. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Inserting an image(s) to your post.
  1. When you reply to a post or create a new post at the top of the text field you should see this toolbar. If you do not either click on the arrow at the top right to expand. If you still do not see the toolbar please try a different browser.
  2. Click on this icon ( ) in the tool bar to insert an image.
  3. A popup will prompt you to either upload an image from your desktop or import from a website.
  4. Hit submit and your image will show up in your post. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Make sure to hit OK to make your post or reply to a post.

If you're curious about the rest of the icons next to the insert image. The one next to the image post is to import a Youtube video, the one next to that is to add file attachments. The one that looks like a quote mark is just that - to quote someone. The one that looks like a little talk bubble is for spoilers and it'll hide your text once posted. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Like this:

See this is a spoiler tag.
Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!

I love the look, smell and flavor of candy canes. And I also adore the beauty of snowflakes--so I created this look with a fun twist inspired by both of them. =)

To create this look, first I primed my eyes with Sephora Collection "Tricks of the Trade" Eye Primer. I then used Sugarpill's pressed shadow in Tako under my brow, on my lid and underneath my lower lashes. I added big chunky glitter on top of the white shadow. (If I were to do this again--I would need to use more primer--the glitter started flaking off a lot after the photo.) I then lined above my upper lash line with: Jordana white liquid eyeliner, (wet) Sugarpill's pressed eyeshadow in Love+, and Maybelline's Ultra liquid liner in black. Mascara'd up my lashes with Revlon Lash Fantasy, and lined my lower waterline with Prestige's white eyeliner pencil.

Hope you love my Colorful Winter Wonderland look and are inspired by it! <3

Love,
Angela

mod edit: excess links removed per forum rules.

I love the look, smell and flavor of candy canes. And I also adore the beauty of snowflakes--so I created this look with a fun twist inspired by both of them. =)

To create this look, first I primed my eyes with Sephora Collection "Tricks of the Trade" Eye Primer. I then used Sugarpill's pressed shadow in Tako under my brow, on my lid and underneath my lower lashes. I added big chunky glitter on top of the white shadow. (If I were to do this again--I would need to use more primer--the glitter started flaking off a lot after the photo.) I then lined above my upper lash line with: Jordana white liquid eyeliner, (wet) Sugarpill's pressed eyeshadow in Love+, and Maybelline's Ultra liquid liner in black. Mascara'd up my lashes with Revlon Lash Fantasy, and lined my lower waterline with Prestige's white eyeliner pencil.

Hope you love my Colorful Winter Wonderland look and are inspired by it! <3

Love,
Angela

www.facebook.com/MostBabealicious
www.themakeupbee.com/user_Angela-J_2106
www.beautylish.com/MostBabealicious
www.etsy.com/shop/AngelicConcepts
www.facebook.com/AngelicConcepts

When I think of Winter Wonderland I think of snow and the holidays. I wanted a look that wasn't too festive, because after all, Christmas isn't the only holiday during winter. Originally I was thinking icy blues and whites. But, I live for color, so I needed to added some soft purples and pinks. I also wanted to do something dramatic. Where's the fun in doing an everyday look... I used mostly MAC colors, and some HIP by Loreal. I used a small stiff brush for the dark blue, blending a tad out. And for the rest I used a slightly fluffy brush for blending. And the gems reminded me of little snowflakes. Just wanted to have fun with it and try something new :)

Since I'm down under and our winter is in the middle of the year and nowhere near Christmas time, when there is snow and Christmas decorations to inspire, I was inspired by our beautiful winter sunsets.

Here is my "Snow Fairy" winter look! I used two different types of glitter to create a gradient effect that reminded me of snow falling out of the sky.

I used a pale foundation and very pale powder to achieve a snowy face, with rosy cheeks, because being out in the cold always gives you a bit of red in the face!

I kept the lips a peachy neutral so they wouldn't take away from the eyes. I kept the eyelids neutral with just a primer, so the focus stays on the "snowy" glitter.

To complete the look, I wore a white fur vest!

The overall look is inspired by a mixture of winter and fairies, because winter feels so magical to me!

Hey Everyone! Merry Christmas and a Happy HoHo to you all! All the entries are fabulous I must say and I have no idea how the winners will be picked with such great looks! Good Luck Everyone!

Ok so my inspiration actually comes from two of the Stop Motion Christmas TV Specials Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and The Year Without A Santa Claus. These tv specials are very ingrained in me as I have watched them every year since I was a baby... so like 34 yrs now lol! I love the other Christmas Specials too but my inspiration comes from these two specifically. The top half of my face is inspired by the Silver and Gold song and musical number about Yukon Corneilius in Rudolph as he is obsessed with Silver and Gold, the icicles/cracked ice look is from Snow Meiser in The Year without A Santa Claus and then of course the bright white sparkling snow and snowflakes in the Winter  AND the Abombinal Snow Monster in Rudolph. The giant snowflake on my forehead is in gold and kinda hard to see, but it is there. My lips and bottom jaw are inspired by Heat Meiser in The Year WIthout a Santa, Rudolph's signature Red nose and the Abombinal Snow Monster's Red mouth.... THe Gold dots are representing the fawn colours of the reindeer in both specials. Kinda weird I know but that is what inspired me. There is also sparkles galore in green, purple, white and then shimmery white and gold powder on top of everything to make everything have a really nice sheen. I will give a list of products I used but I used so much all over my face and in multiple uses on my face its hard to say exactly what everything was for. I used two different cameras and couldn't really get a good pic of the sparkle but you get the idea.

Products:

NYX HD Foundation Primer; Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation W1 Porcelain; Spirit Professional No-Smudge White Cream Makeup; NYX HD Eyeshadow Primer; NYX JEP Milk; NYX The Carribean Collection 5 Eyeshadow 05 I Dream of St. John; NYX Glitter Cream Pallet 03 Utopia; Rimmel Glam Eyes Glam Ice EyeShadow; LA Splash Mineral Eyesparkle and Glitter Las Vegas & Gelee D'arctique; Lit Cosmetic's Beach Baby S2; Eye Kandy Cosmetics Marshmallow Sugar, Sour Apple & Gumball; OCC Lip Tar in Banjee; Sephora Eyeshadow geisha kiss n80; Elizabeth Arden Shimmer Powder Nude Shimmer; Rimmel Stay Matte Natural Mineral Pressed Powder 001 Transparent. 

Hi :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is my iterpretation of a Colorful Winter Wonderland. For me, the most beautiful thing I know about the winter months, is the sparkly, magical night sky, filled with gorgeous stars!
icon_biggrin.gif
That’s mainly what inspired me to do this look. The other thing is the imagination of Santa Claus crossing this winter sky, at night. As you can see I used the colors red, black and white on my eyes, which represents Santa Claus. I aslo wanted the lips to match with that. To add some sparkle to the look I used glitter to create the stars. I thought that since the theme was a Colorful Winter Wonderland, the stars could be in many different, Christmassy colors!

​
 ​
 ​
How I did it:

1. I started off by applying a primer, foundation and concealer to my forhead and set this with a loose powder.
  2. I applied an eye primer to my lids and up to my eye brows.
  3. Then I covered my entire lid with a red eyeshadow and brought it a little bit higher than my crease.
  4. Cut the crease with a black colored eyeshadow.
  5. From each side of the eye, I created a soft line with a grey eyeshadow, up to the hairline. By doing this I outlined where I wanted the black “sky†to go.
  6. I placed stickers of stars in many different sizes in between these two grey lines.
  7. After that I followed the grey line on the outside of the eye, with a black eyeshadow and filled in the space with the stars, with the same color.
  8. I used a grey eyeshadow to blend the black toward the inner part of the forhead, to create a smooth transition to the skin color.
  9. I removed the stickers and filled in the empty space with a white pencil liner, using a small, pointed brush.
  10. I Applied a glitterbase over the white.
  11. With a small, angled brush I used loose glitter in different colors and applied it over the glitterbase.
  12. Applied a silver glitter liner close to my upper lash line and winged it out. I Put some loose silver glitter on top of this line.
  13. Created an even smaler line with a black liquid liner and winged it out twice, like it shows in the photo.
  14. In the little gap between the two black, winged out lines, I applied a white base. I set it with a white eyeshadow.
  15. I filled in my upper – and lower waterline with a black eye pencil and set it with a black eyeshadow.
  16. I smudged some black along the lower lash line.
  17. Applied mascara and false lashes and the eyes were done.
  18. Then I removed all glitter fallouts from my face with tape and makeup remover.
  19. I applied primer, foundation and powder to the rest of my face.
  20. I used a matte, rosy pink blush and a matte highlight.
  21. After that, I contoured my face.
  22. For the lips, I started off by outlining them with a red lip pencil and filled them in with this pencil.
  23. I applied a red lipstick in the same color as the lip pencil.
  24. To make them look sharp and perfect, I went over the edges of my lips, with a concealer.
  25. All done! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To see a list of the products I used, visit my blog: www.glittergirlc.wordpress.com  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had a lot of fun doing this look and I hope you like it! <3

First I put on fondation/primer. I then put Hard candy's "snow cone" eye shadow all over lid. On the middle of the lid I used Sugarpill's "afterparty" & "dollipop" And on the outside crease Sugarpill's "Goldilux" I used Sugarpill's "Lumi" on inner eye + highlight on eyebrows For cheeks I also used Sugarpill's "dollipop" For lips I used Lime Crime's "Countessa Flourescent," and Hard Candy lipgloss "Life preserver" I used Rimmel's sexy curves for mascara Lined the botton lash line w/ Nyx "Milk" Of course applied my fake lashes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   This look is inspired by Pink christmas trees! but a little bit of snow! I call it "Rainbow Holiday" I think lumi as a highlight on the cheeks, and eyebrows really put that sparkley/ice affect but the pink pulled off the colorful holiday theme.  

One of my favorite things about winter is when the night comes and the stars are out, the drive home in the snow is beautiful and I love seeing all the colorful lights. This looks is inspired by the beautiful colors at night. I used purple and blue as the transition from day to night as well as white for snow, I also used glitter as the holiday lights on the houses and trees.

Eyes:
Nyx Milk Jumbo Pencil​
Glamour Doll Eyes Control Freak Primer​
Glamour Doll Eyes Disco White
Glamour Doll Eyes Recruit
Glamour Doll Eyes Chelsey​
Glamour Doll Eyes Dolly​
Glamour Doll Eyes Hollywood

MAC Fascinating Kohl Pencil
Illamasqua Cake Liner in Mislead
Lashem Double Trouble Mascara

Face:

MAC Fashion Frenzy Blush​
Purminerals 4-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Porcelain​
 ​
Lips:
MAC Viva Glam Gaga 1

MAC Clear Lipgloss

http://www.ladycrowx.blogspot.com/

My entry for the "Colorful Winter Wonderland" contest...

This look was inspired by cold, snowy, winter nights...plus a little dramatic liner never killed anyone!

This inspired me to embrace my pale a** skin and play it up more with white eyeshadow.

"Embrace the odd, embrace the odd, embrace the odd..."

I used:

- Maybelline fit me fountation and concealer

- Maybelline eyeshadow in Vanilla

- NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Cottage Cheese

- Sephora Liquid Eyeliner in Black

- NYX For your eyes only palette in Smokey Eyes

- Revlon lipstick in Pink Sugar

- MAC lipstick in Viva Glam Gaga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts