Contest - Giveaway: Sugarpill Cosmetics - Create a look called Colorful Winter Wonderland! (Value $415!) [CLOSED]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for running this giveaway :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

So this might not be a normal "Winter Wonderland" look, but it's a personal one to me, let me explain. My grandmother (rest her soul) and I used to light up her entire house with red and purple LED lights, it made no sense, but it was both of our favorite colors, so every time it snowed when I was a child, I used to ask my grandmother why the snow was red and purple outside of her house xD Mind you, I was only about 2-3 years old and I actually believed for the longest time my grandmother's snow was special outside of her house and that the special snow only came out at night.

There, that's my story :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I figured everyone was going to do blueish whiteish, and hey... this is my interpretation. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck to everyone else!!

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

On Lid - Victorian Disco Cosmetics' Sailor Saturn

Brow Bone - Sugarpill's Love +

Crease - MAC's Carbon

Maybelline Line Stilletto

Maybelline One by One Mascara

MAC's Feline Kohl Power Pencil

Brows:

ELF Brown Kit in Dark

Face:

MAC's Studio Sculpt in NC15

MAC's Mineralize Natural in Light

Cheeks:

MAC's Hipness Powder Blush

Lips:

NYX Pumpkin Pie Round Lipstick

Thank you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And good luck to all of the entries!

New Year's Eve Party Look: Pink Champagne at Midnight

Foundation:

I applied two coats of foundation: Beauty Society Liquid Foundation in “Dazzling†(let that dry) and the NYX HD Foundation. I let my face dry a little and then applied the Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Powder all over to set. After that, I applied a light coat of NYX Chrome Loose Eyeshadow in Sand all over for a glow.

Eyes:

I used a thin coat of Kryolan Aqua Color in White, which is used with a synthetic fiber brush and a little water. This makes a great base, especially when you plan on wearing bright colors. My inspiration for this look is New Year’s Eve at midnight & Pink Champagne. I used the MAC Pro Matte Pink Pigment in the crease and then a lighter matte pink shade above that color from the Coastal Scents 88 Palette. Above that shade, right below the brow, I applied the NYX Sand Pigment. I lined the inner rim of my eyes with the Stila for Barbie Cobalt blue gel eyeliner. Below that line, I applied a midnight blue shade of eyeshadow from the Sephora Studio Blockbuster Kit. On the upper lid, I made a thick line with the NYX Black Liquid Eyeliner  (which is very black!) waited for that to dry, then applied a flick of white using the Kryolan White Aquacolor, the same product I used as a base.

When the black liquid eyeliner dried, I applied some Ardell eyelash glue on the back of my hand. I dipped an angled eyebrow brush into the glue and then dipped my brush into a pot of iredescent pink glitter.I carefully tapped the brush over the black eyeliner, and successfully did not remove any! I just wanted to give it a sheer sparkle.

The kinda fun part began when I started applying the eye crystals. I used Crystazzi rhinestones from Michael’s craft store and a pair of slanted tweezers to apply. I used the Ardell lash glue first on the eyes where I wanted the crystals, then placed them with the tweezers. I lost a few crystals in the process, but found them later!

The lashes were the last to go on.. and they are HUGE. These are the NYX Kittie Lashes ! My fiance had an idea of painting the tips, so I actually applied lash glue to the tips of the lashes and dipped them in a matte neon pink glitter from Medusa Cosmetics.

Applied another rhinestone at the corners of my eyes for one last added effect.

Lips:

I used an NYX 835 Pinky Slim Lip Liner and a matte neon pink lipstick from the older Sephora Collection.

2012:

I had my fiance draw the 2012 on my face for me, since it is very difficult to do it yourself in the mirror backwards! I used the same Pinky NYX pencil to trace the lines he made. I then applied the Ardell lash glue to the areas where I wanted to place a rhinestone and carefully applied with the tweezers. That is IT! I didn’t use blush or bronzer.

Necklace by Betsey Johnson and red ruffle dress by Roaman’s.

Beauty From The Earth minerals. Black Cherry to darken the crease & blended up a bit. Isis blended over entire crease. Autumn on lid. Guipure in tear duct area and Beautiful to highlight the brow bone.  

My inspiration for this look was Winter Skies. As a child growing up in Southern California my Winter Wonderland was full of red and gold sunsets. Some of my favorite memories :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

In Oregon, our winters are so gloomy and rainy.  It seems it's always gray outside so I wanted to create a gray, wintery look.  All of my shadows were from Beauty From the Earth (BFTE).

• I primed my lids with Beauty From The Earth's Eye/Lip primer
  • To the inner lid/tear duct area, I first applied Subcooling
  • To the middle lid, I patted on Spellbound and blended that into Subcooling
  • In the outer V and crease, I brushed Casablanca Nights and blended into Spellbound
  • To the browbone, I brushed Very Vanilla.  This also was used to soften the outer crease a bit
  • The liner is BFTE Midnight Kisses applied as a liquid liner
  • My foundation is a custom blend of 3 BFTE shades
  • My Blush is a blend of BFTE Goddess and Lush.
  • For the lips, I used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Hoochie

View attachment 96

Subcooling.jpg

WOW! Everyone else's looks are so amazing and beautiful! Very tough competition! Good luck everybody. (I create YouTube tutorials and did a tutorial for this look...my username on YouTube is simplybmakeup and the video for this look is featured on my page. =D Support is very much appreciated =D

​

PRODUCTS USED:​
EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion (depotted) Avon Big Color crayon in Vanilla (B02) Jordana Easyliner in Mint (weird name as it comes out in a turquoise color) Mac Fix + Bon Bons turquoise shimmer pigment Bon Bons white shimmer pigment Jesse's Girl Eye Dust in Ultra Violet Hightlight: Mary Kay White Lily Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack Palladio white kohl pencil Jesse's Girl Sparklers in purple Avon Super Curlacious Lash mascara in brown Hard Candy Curl Up & Dye mascara in VenusFACE: Mac Studio Fix Foundation NC15 ELF concealer in Light Beige Maybelline blush in Nude Flush (highlighter is the white pigment from before)LIPS: (foundation) Maybelline #550 Sand Boots NO.7 Lip Glace' in Angel Cake

=D Have a great day, everyone!

I used Elf mineral foundation in porcelain

Nyx jumbo eye pencil as a base on eyes and lips, and as liner and mascara

Shany cosmetics 120 palette in neon and natural for the eyes and lips and the white as a highlighter

then a silver glitter over the nyx eyeliner and mascara

also a white shimmer powder over all the white

When i think of a colorful winter wonderland i think of when i was a child playing candyland snowed in on a school day.  I would stack the deck (playing against my mom) just so i could land on Queen Frostine!  She was awesome and i wanted to just jump in the board and join her!  So this is my interpretation of Queen Frostine and her wonderful winter fantasy!

Hello!

My inspiration for this contest was one of my favorite Christmas songs, Mariah Carey's  "All I want for Christmas is You." I've been listening to a ton of Christmas songs since, It is the season, and I've been trying to get into the spirit of Christmas.

My face is Covergirl Cream Natural Foundation, with cream natural powder on top, My red and black eyeshadow's come from my Manly 120 palette, I used Acrylic Paint for my right side of my face as a CandyCane effect. My brow hightlight and lid eyeshadow is Manic Panic Virgin Pressed White Powder. I used my NYC liquid Liner for my brow, and liner. My lips are my Very Cherry lipstick, I forget what brand it is, and my Manly 120 palette in the middle. Was Approx. 1 hour.

I wish you all Happy Holidays! I wish the best for all of you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks!

What a wonderful competition, thank you! At last something where my albino-like complexion and so-light-they-are-invisible eyelashes can be useful ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was thinking about harsh, cold winters and pretty, glittery frost for inspiration. Here's my look!

I used Love+ to get frost-kissed cheeks, nose and chin, white eyeliner for frosty eyes and brows, glitter for frozen lips and loose white eyeshadow for a snowy effect on eyes, cheeks and forehead. I used Photoshop to crop the picture and correct the lighting a bit.

Products used

Face:

L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer

Lumene Natural Code Matt Makeup foundation

Max Factor Mastertouch concealer

Evil Shades Matte Silk powder

Sugarpill Love+ as blush

Craft store rhinestone

Eyelash glue

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion

We Care Icon Magnetic Eyes eyeliner pen in white

Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics eyeshadow in White Rose

Scaredy Cat Cosmetics eyeshadow in Arctic Royale

Sugarpill eyeshadow in Taco

Evil Shades eyeshadow in Victorian Night

L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes mascara

Evil Shades foiling liquid

Lips:

Lumene Natural Code lipstick in Nude Beige

We Care Icon eyeliner in white

Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

Craft store plastic glitter

Happy Holidays for everyone!

Here is my interpretation of COLOURFUL WINTER WONDERLAND. I was inspired by Scandinavia and the Northern Lights "Foxfire" as it is called in Finland, which is the most beautiful place I have been and can't wait to go back. 

I used my favourite icy cold colours for this look, blues, purples and pinks from my Sugarpill 'Cold Heart' pallet. Then I dusted some white shimmer MUA eyeshadow over the top to give a frosty effect. I am a glitter addict and I use Collections 2000 glitter gel liners to add detail and sparkle. Sorry y camera isn't very good quality so the glitter doesn't show up too well. Then I finished with a bright pink lipstick to bring the pink tones out in my eyeshadow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Colorful Winter Wonderland
By Kayleigh Smith xxx

I was inspired for this look by my christmas tree and Abbey Bominable from Monster High.

i love the chilly colours of christmas. i have added pink even though it is a warm colour i think it adds a bit of warmth to a frosty look.

hense the name colourful winter wonderland.

for this look i used Barry M Foundation Creme. White.

i Also used Blue eye shadow to Highlight certain areas to give it that frosty look.

I used Barry M frosty pink no5 lip crayon and Hot pink lip liner

For my Eyes I used Sleek Acid Eye Palette and Barry M Dazzle Dust, Gosh Blue Eyeliner. i used Drug Store Lashes

I dont currently own any sugarpill products but would love to as the selction of colours are amazing and i am a big fan of them.

A Colorful Winter Wonderland instantly made me think of  the pinks, blues and,purples in the sky. The glitter of snow and the iridescence of winter, sort of like Candyland. Those are the colors I wanted to use in my look of a rosy cheeked frost fairy.

First I applied primer to my face and eyelids. Then I mixed Ivory foundation (NYC) and white face paint and applied all over my face and lips. I used a contour brush and added shimmery sky blue pigment  (TRUE COLORS) and Electric Eel(MAC) on my forehead, down to my temples, and contoured the sides of my nose, jawline and chin. Using the same brush I added a hot pink shadow (Hot Topic Palette) to my cheeks, blended up to my temples and added it to the tip of my nose and chin. I pressed the same shadow on my lids up to the crease,then added Electric Eel in the crease, slightly overlapping the two colors to create a line of purple in between the two. I winged it out a little and lined under my eyes with the blue and extended it out on one side. I drew several lines to represent a blowing wind effect and traced it with a white liner (NYC). I drew a snowflake on the other side with the white liner. I used a transformer liquid to apply silver glitter to both designs. Then I used a mixture of a purple (Urban Decay) and the pink shadow from my crease to the brow bone. I used a light icy blue pencil (AVON) on my water line and to fill in my brows.Then applied lines from the beginning of my brows down along my eyes/nose just to the apples of my cheeks and blended. I used a whitish blue iridescent dust (Opal Dust NYC) on my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes. I also brushed it across the blue under my eyes.Then I mixed the Opal Dust with a green gold iridescent (Jesse's Girl) and light blue iridescent (TRUE COLORS blue stack) and used a fluffy brush to apply all over my face (including my eyes) concentrating on my forehead and any areas without pink. I used a white/gold face glitter (Skin Market)on the inner corners of my eyes,and down my nose. I filled in my lips with Sushi eye pencil (Hard Candy) then dabbed on a medium purplish blue iridescent shadow (TRUE COLORS blue stack) just to the insides of my lip keeping it towards the center. I used the Skin Market glitter on the center of my lower lip, and applied a clear gloss (Hard Candy) to my lips. Lastly I used Royal Blue mascara (Maybelline) and Super Shock Max Mascara in Black (Avon) on my upper and lower lashes.

So, that's my look. It looked a lot brighter in person, but I hope you like it. Good Luck to Everyone!

My Interpretation of a

"Colorful Winter Wonderland."
I chose  to do a "Retro Frost" look using white face paint on the lids dusted with Tako, and Bulletproof with Afterparty on the Crease and surrounding areas. The look is topped off with a dusting of Tako on the browbone as well as around the eye area for added highlight.    A bright magenta like color was used on cheeks and lips.    This was inspired whilst listening to Oasis and enjoying the warmth from inside as I watched the tempurature drop outside. This look can be worn day or night. Hope you like!

Aloha Everyone!! My name is Leimana I am from a little island called Molokai in the middle of the Hawaiian islands. 

I was inspired by our "winter" here is Hawaii which is not really a real winter, but I am blessed to live in its beauty. Our winter involves pretty much just some rain here and there, sunny skies, wind, beautiful sunsets and green ʻaina (land). I hope you enjoy

Brows- 1. Concealer: bh cosmetics
             2. Painterly: MAC
             3. Pigment: HIP Loreal
Eyes: 1. Painterly
          2. Inner: Bitter, Middle: Lucky Green:MAC
          3. Outer: Bella Pierre Cosmetics mineral: Olive green
          4. Above crease: wedge(MAC)
          5. Highlight: Bella Pierre mineral: yellow
          6. Blacktrack liner: MAC
          7. Under eye: Inner: Bella Pierre light blue, Mid:Clarity (MAC), End: Fresh water (MAC)
          8. Line water line: Blacktrack (MAC)
          9. Curl LAshes, Mascara: Loreal extra volume/ prestige: My Biggest Lashes
Face: Bh cosmetic concealer palette
Cheek: Angelika (NARS)
Bronzer: Irresistablement (NARS)
Lip: Bh cosmetic lip palette, light pink matte

When I thought about a "Colorful Winter Wonderland" I was inspired by "Sugarplum Fairies!" So I wanted to get a very fair complexion that looked seemingly flawless so i used three different products: the NYC "Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup" in 676 Ivory, the Maybelline New York "Shine Free Oil-Control Makeup" in Ivory 150FOU-01, and a white cream makeup, then i went over it with the Airspun "Loose Face Powder" in Translucent 070-24. I then used a soft purple/lilac color from the E.L.F. Cosmetics "100 Eyeshadow Palette" just above my eyebrows over my temples and across my cheeks just to create a purple 'glow' then I used a magenta color from the same palette to use as blush. I then primed my eyes with NYX "Eyeshadow Base" in ESB01 White and NYX "Jumbo Eye Pencil" in Milk. I used NYC's "Sparkle Eye Dust" in Opal Dust in the inner corner of my eyes and I used a flesh-toned color from the E.L.F. palette on my brow bone then I applied a peach colored eyeshadow form the E.L.F. palette on the center of my eyelids I then used a mixture of the magenta color from the E.L.F. palette and Urban Decay's purple/pinkish eyeshadow in "Fishnet" for the outer-corner of my eyes and then I blended it all together; I then dragged out the line from my outer-corner across my temple and to my hairline with the "fishnet". For my lower lashline I used a mixture of a dark purple and Urban Decay's dark purple in "Ransom" i then dragged out that line in the same direction to create a "V" on my temples. I then took a loose glitter and brushed it over my cheekbones and temples and I used Jesse's Girl " Sparklers" over the the "V" shape. After that used Select Lash's eyelash glue and applied it to my cheeks and above my eyebrows I then put Bonbons loose glitter in a light-purple color over the lash glue. I took the same lash glue and used some pink and white rhinestones and glued them above the glitter above my eyebrows but only on one side. After i was done with all the glitter I applied Select Lash's falsies in S47 Black on my upper lash line; i curled my lashes and applied Avon's "SuperShock Max" mascara in Black 001 to both my lower and upper lash line. I used Avon's "ExtraLasting" liquid eyeliner in Black E02 on my top lashline, and Marina & Demme's eyeliner in Black on my lower lashline; I also applied two white rhinestones (one on each side) in the outer corners of my eyes. After everything was done I applied MAC's "Satin" lipstick in Myth on my lips. So that's all I really hope you liked this look and good luck to everyone! =)

hey so here is my entry

i was enspired the other day decorating outr house... i always loved putting the reeth up and we always had candy caness on the tree..  so i was inspired from my child hood and going to the snow and of course i love smokey eyes so i gave my candy cane a cut crease egde to it

the products i used are: bhcosmetics 120 pallet 1st edition, a opalpigment from jessiesgirl, and realcolors whipit mascara and the silver liner is fromwalgreens the lable is rubbed off so im not sure...

My "Colorful Winter Wonderland"

I was inspired by the beautiful blue and purple skies at dusk during the snowy winter.  I began with my Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer and added NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a second base.  I cut the crease with a blue shadow from my E.L.F. palette.  Blended above the blue is bareMinerals "Angel," a beautiful purple color.  On my lids are a white shadow also from my E.L.F. palette, and I highlighted my eyebrows and the corner of my eyes with a silver shimmer shadow from the same palette.  I lined my waterline with Rimmel London's eyeliner in Jet Black and used E.L.F. liquid liner to create a winged upper lid.  I applied false lashes and added Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara.  I hope you like the look and good luck to all you fabulous contestants.

This is my entry for the sugarpill giveaway contest

I was inspired by playing in the snow,the rosy cheeks and wind bitten lips.

I applied concealer and foundation from makeup forever.

used coastal scents 88 and smoky pallette in the greys,light blues and black creating a smoky silver eye.

lined with makeup forever pot lliner and applied false strip lashes to top layer then added lenghtening mascara to lower lashes.

finished with rosy lips from prestige and burgundy blush for a rosy glow with makeup forever blush.

The crown of snow i made by airbrushing silver and white thru a strip of lace.

This is my entry for the sugarpill giveaway.

I was inspired by playing in the snow,rosy cheeks,wind bitten lips:)

Makeup i used

Concealer/foundation-makeup forever

Eyeshadow-coastal scents smoky pallette and 88 pallete

Makeup forever pot liner and blush

Dinair white and silver

Falsies i purchased from F21

I basically created a silver gray and blue eye with pink lips and really rosy cheeks.

To create the ice crown i airbrushed thru a piece of lace applied to my forehead:) 

Excuse the crappy photos, even my MacBook manages to take a better picture than my camera.

My look is inspired by three things:
The sequins are inspired by Bjork and her amazing sense of style (and the fact I reckon she should totally make a Christmas album).
The eyes are inspired by the natural stunning duochrome of christmas bettles. Their native to Australia - have a google image search, they are beautiful insects.
And finally, the lips were inspired by the 100’s & 1000’s used to coat all the gingerbread I’ve made with my grandma each Christmas.

Eyes - I used TKB Trading Chameleon Mica above the cease and swept out towards the temple, TKB Trading Coral Reef Blue Mica on the outer corner of the lid, TKB Trading Sparkle Rose Mica on the inner corner of the lid, Sportsgirl Black Glitter Eyeliner on the upper lash line, and MAC White Frost to highlight, TKB Trading Crucible Red Mica along the lower lash and swept out towards the temple & MAC Newly Minted along the lower waterline. For mascara, I used MAC Haute & Naughty Lash. I used an eyeliner brush and MAC Blacktrack for the eyebrows, and then went over with BYS Gold Rush Glitter Cream Eyeshadow.

Cheeks - I used MAC Springsheen as a blush and MAC White Frost as a highlighter.

Lips - I applied a MAC lipglass and made out with some 100’s & 1000’s.

And for the forehead, I just used a non-toxic PVC glue and went to town with the sequins.

Thinking of 'colorful winter wonderland' the first image that popped into my mind was 

icy,frostbitten woodland elves, slowly freezing into a sleepy hibernation. 

So I did my best to create an icy/mystical elf look,Someone who would live in a colorful winter wonderland.

The products used:

Eyeshadow: Coastal Scents 78 shadow/blush pallet/ Craft glitter

Whites/High light: Femme Couture Mineral effects [in purely platinum] & Physicians Formula silver cream liner

Lashes: Coastal Scents concealer & glitter

Brows :Quo cream liner & Sally Hanson mountain pallette

Foundation:  Maybelline Fit me mixed with  Mac Pink Opal pigment

Blush: Coastal Scents 78 pallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back