Contest - Giveaway: Sugarpill Cosmetics - Create a look called Colorful Winter Wonderland! (Value $415!) [CLOSED]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my entry ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />​
 ​
My concept is based of a couple things. First Gyaru, hence the white eyes to make the eyes look bigger. I really love the exaggeration that can make this so pretty still ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also wanted the whimsical that is winter which is why i chose the line and pearls. Finally I really wanted to show my love for Sugar Pill. So I only used Sugar Pill colours. I actually used the cold heart palette, which isn't on their site anymore. Anyways heres the photos! I hope you like it!​
Before:​
 ​
after photos:​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

I was inspired by Tilda's Swinton's role as the White Wicth/Ice Queen. As a child growing up in California, when I thought of Christmas, I always lusted after the snow which seldom came. I wanted to do a look that was cold like snow, with a hint of color in my cheeks, showing the warmth that's inside everyone during this time of the year. I also wanted to do a look that was practical, fitted my complexion, and that I would be comfortable going out in the winter time with.

I used Revelon ColorStay foundation, Almay PureBlends loose powder, Revelon Face Illuminator for my cheeks and lips, with a little hint of MAC's blush in a shade called Dollymix. For my eyes I used Prestige's Oasis eyeshadow, a little of some pale blue dollar store eyeshadow, MAC's glittery goodness in Peacocky (not sure what the product is called-- it's from a few years back), topped off with some black liquid eyeliner from Wet'n Wild, Cheapo false eyelashes, and my circle lens.

For me a winter wonderland is a rare occurrence, infact Christmas on my side of the world means hot sizzling days, beach and BBQ’s. 

[SIZE=12pt]For me, a winter wonderland is something you would only hear in fairytails.  Despite my lack of knowledge and true understanding of a real winter wonderland, I have gone on to create a look I believe captures arctic blue tones, frost bitten lips and the sparkle of icy dew. I let my imagination run wild, and pictured myself as the Ice Queen in my own wonderland.  Despite her cold looks, her heart is as warm as the Australian Summer Sun.- (that’s about 4 Degrees C)! [/SIZE]

mod edit to include picture.

Copy of Picture 107.jpg

1st of all thnxx sugarpill give me a chance to show my makeup art...i ve only 3 colour of shadow....which i use in here u can see it...my 1st colour is yellow dan i use light green and lastly i use royal blue..The glitter i use is lemon colour bt i call it green stars...lol...One day morning i wok up & here a birds song..I see it from my window & call my mom to see it dan she told me dat they r 1 type of birds who come in our county only in winter....its so cute i must say...I jst take a pic  of da birds from my eye..& mixed it with my imagenation...Finaly creat a eye makeup...Ohh !!! yes those heart for sugarpill from me...i lov ur thingsss....when i do dis makeup i realy feel happy &.in side of my heart i wish i win it ....so all da bst other  grlsss...oxox

For my look I was thinking of icey twinkley sugar plums, yum~         The magenta color is from WNW, applied wet with an angled brush.   I blended Shiro cosmetics Task Force over it, also wet. After that I used a silver color from an 88 shimmer palette on my lid, then cutting the two colors with a wet angled brush that I dipped into a shimmery black shadow.     Taking the same black, I blended and patted over the top area for more depth. On the bottom lid I used a purpleish blue from the 88 shimmer palette. For the winged liner I used a HIP liner pot in black and created a small area off of the bottom lid connecting to the outer part of the wing. I also blended a little black shadow to create depth inside of it.     For the waterline I used NYX Jumbo in Milk. I used LAsplash eyeliner base and applied loads of silver glitter over the top lid for extra snowy sugary sparkle. I added Shiro cosmetics Articuno to the brow bone, outer and inner areas around the eyes for another snowy effect.     The brows are just black shadow applied wet with an angled brush. Essence shimmer powder over my cheeks, lip balm with a little pat of shimmer. BIG lashes from Daiso, of course!   My digicam is pretty dated, so I tried using different camera settings, angles, alot or a little natural lighting although it wasn't very bright that day to begin with.     I really want to try Sugarpill, I lust over these shadows!

I'm so happy that MakeupTalk is doing another Sugarpill contest!

Thus far, I have only purchased Goldilux but I'm impressed overall by the smooth, sleek loose powder product.
My inspiration is from the Aurora Borealis (Based on an image I found through google)http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0407/moussette_aur16jul1_full.jpg

I can imagine getting all dressed up in warm gear and boots and tromping around in the snow with my sweetheart and watching the lights shimmer across the sky. It's amazing because you can see the stars beyond it- I think this would be the ultimate winter wonderland. I'm so grateful for my aunts and other family members who spend so much money and time spoiling me with cosmetics and other goodies :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used a combination of NYX pencil in Purple, LA Colors eyeshadow in two purples and one shade of pink and then Urban Decay loose pigment in Rockstar above the lid. On the lid I used NYX pencil Milk as a base for some Sephora peach and gold, then a smidgen of Urban Decay loose pigments in Shattered in Graffiti. A little bit of mascara and Hard Candy purple eyeliner on the bottom.

What I did ... well, I walked into my bank to deposit my rent and there was inspiration! The colorfully decorated tree at my bank. These NYX lashes I recently purchased that have a sparkly wispy icicle look to them were perfect too to add sparkle. During this journey though I realized that in my vast (but modest) makeup collection... I don't have a red blush! So i used my lipstick for my blush... there is a first time for everything! I live in Huntington Beach, so here during winter nothing really gets the normal blue and white winter look you think of then you think of winter wonderland. But I sure do live in my own wonderland so the greens, reds, and golds on the tree in the bank and where I live really inspired my look. AND of course my fuzzy wolf hat from Halloween that keeps me warm on a daily basis since, in my own colorful winter wonderland.

This is my colorful winter wonderland look. what i did was combined winter colors and a little bit of christmas colors. I used all Sugarpill products cause thats all i have xD well except the gloss which is Lime Crime's new carousel gloss. Im a artist so inspiration comes quickly. Im inspired by everything and anything.

This is what I came up with for a Colorful Winter Wonderland inspired look.  I was inspired by my 4 sons telling me all the time how much they miss the snow. Our family recently moved from Connecticut to Florida and I wanted to create something that would remind us of the snow that we miss so much.

I do not own a ton of makeup so I had to work with the products I have. Sorry Sugarpill that I couldn't use some of your products to create this look...

I started by applying my Neutrogena healthy skin foundation all over my face. Then I used the blue eyeshadow from the elf quad called Punk Funk and applied that to my lid. I then went over that with a frosty blue from the 99cent profusion palette. Next I started creating the swirls with a Covergirl liquid pencil in onyx. I went back to the elf quad and created the higher crease shape with the same blue and blended it out. I also added some of that shade to the bottom lash line. After that I filled inbetween the blue colors with a frosty white shade also from the profusion palette and added some NYC sparkle eye dust in opal over that. Then I used the same blue from the profusion palette and filled inbetween the swirls and blended out towards my hairline. I used a NYX jumbo pencil in milk and created all the little dots with the back of my brush. For my brows I used the blue from the elf quad again and then applied a clear mascara and silver glitter. For the snowflakes I used clear little confetti snowflakes and painted them in with the NYX jumbo pencil then topped some of them with silver glitter and a little rhinstone. For my lips I just applied a eos lip balm and then patted on the profusion palette blue with my finger, then dabbed some of the NYC sparkle dust in the center of my lip. =)

I really really hope its good enough because it would be incredible to be able to try some Sugarpill products!!! =)

For this look i used Profusion 24 color eyeshadows palet i don't really know numbers and the name of each color.
i used white and many blue tones and also a bit of turquoise. I used NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in white color. For eyeliner i chose Maybeline Eyestudio and for my blush i used L.A colors blush CP248. That is about what i used for my look :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For my look, i represented cold. Red cheeks like when you are outside all day and the eyes like if there was a big snowstorm the blue represents ice just like when you go play hockey outside here in canada is our national sport by the way. And the shape i made i wanted to represent a hill when you go sliding. 

Sorry for my bad english i only speak french and i did my best to describe.
Good luck to everybody ^^

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
For my make up i used :
Profusion 24 color eyeshadows Palet
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow pencil in white
L.A colors blush CP248
Maybeline Eyestudio eyeliner
and thats about it.
 ​
 ​
The red cheeks are inspired by cold you know when you stay outside all day your cheeks and your nose get red. 
The blue represents the ice because here in canada Hockey is the national sport.
The shape represents a hill when you go sliding when you are young. ​
and the white reprensents a big snowstorm.

thats about it for my look i hope you enjoy it 

Sorry for my bad english i only speak french i did my best! 

Good luck to everybody :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

I was inspired by snow, ice, and a moonlit night sky when I created this look ♥

I started by priming my eyes with my Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer, and then I applied GDE's Cloud Coverage all over my lid as a base for the other shadows. I applied Cocovana Cosmetics' Hi Fi (foiled) on the inner third of my lid, Innocent+Twisted Alchemy's Poisoned Tears (foiled) on the middle third, and Lumikki's Nazareth on the outer third and in the crease. I then applied some of Innocent+Twisted Alchemy's Poisoned Tears above the crease color as well. I lined my upper lash line with a felt tip eyeliner by Calvin Klein, curled my lashes, applied some of my Covergirl Lash Perfection mascara, and then added some falsies ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I used MAC's Omega eyeshadow for my brows. 

For my lips, I started by applying a thin layer of my Dainty Doll concealer in 002, lined and filled in my lips using a white eyeliner by L'Oréal, and then I mixed GDE's Jailbreak eyeshadow with some of TANF's Fix-It, and applied that all over my lips. 

I used Maybelline's The Eraser foundation, and MAC's Select Moisturecover concealer to make my skin look nice. I set my foundation using a pressed powder by Marks & Spencer, and then I applied some of Ulta's Cheek Color in Afternoon Delight to my Cheeks.

I'm really happy with the way this look turned out! I think it looks very wintery and cool :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

[SIZE=medium]         Winter is actually my least favorite season. The only thing I like about it is that on a snowy day when the sun is shining on a fresh pile of snow at just the right angle, you get a prism effect and can see a rainbow.  That’s what I decided to use as my inspiration for my “Colorful Winter Wonderland†look.[/SIZE]

I started off my look by applying some hard candy foundation and powder. For my eye shadow I applied the rainbow colors in ROYGBIV order and then lined my upper eyelid with some NYC sparkle dust. For under my eye I used Rimmel London eyeliner to line my eyes. I used Maybelline pot eyeliner to make the snowflakes and then covered them in NYC sparkle dust. Then I applied some sparkle lip gloss.  I added some rhinestones, and then dusted my cheeks and around my eyes with sparkles. I think the contrast between the rainbow colors and the sparkles interprets my inspiration well.

So I wanted to step away from the overtly traditional reds and greens, and toss out the common blues and whites. I wanted to still encompass all that winter means to me though. My "winter wonderland" is full of the scents of cinnamon and a wood fire burning. It's full of twinkling Christmas lights, foiled wrapping papers, clay dreidels spinning around with wide eyed kids, lighting the menora on the window sill, and glistening white snow.

I feel like I was able to incorporate all of these into this look. Instead of using a traditional red, I opted for a flamboyant hot pink. I swapped a forest green for a dark, rich teal. I added depth by infusing a velvety midnight blue. And who can forget what every kid dreams of in winter; snow! I started with a matte white base by using NYX's Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk. White is used in stark contrast to the other colors, I placed it on the ball of my eyelid, hoping to represent rolling hills of the cold, fluffy white stuff. I cut my crease with that fantastic dark teal. (Both are no name brands, AKA no labels) I applied the elegant dark midnight blue (again, unlabeled) just above the teal, blending it down just enough to make a delicate gradient of shading between the two. Then I used a small bit of Sugarpill's incredible purple; Poison Plum above the midnight blue to switch over to the intense hot pink (also unlabeled) that I blended up to the brow bone, diffusing as I went up. I added just a hint of the previous matte white just below the highest part of my arch to give a bit of a highlight. I lined with an exaggerated cat eye just to add a bit of mystery (the good kind of course) to the overall look. After all, there's always an air of mystery for me when taking walks at night with snow on the ground. It's really magical if I let my imagination lead the way!

I filled in my brows with the darkest shade of Anastasia's brunette brow duo. I applied MAC's cream blush in Posey along my cheek bones, which provided the telltale flush we all get on those cold and blustery winter days. I then applied my foundation over the top, and translucent powder to soften up my face and make it matte. I wanted it to remain soft overall as the colors really stand out on their own just fine.

I keep my lips nude so as not to take away from the eyes.

I've enjoyed seeing everyone's looks so far, and wish you all the best of luck! I hope you all enjoy what I came up with as well! Happy Holidays!

I really enjoyed

I was inspired by Jack Frost and thinking about maybe what his wife may look like. I was just messing around because I have to teach a class and needed a look. This worked out perfect for both purposes. =)

I used so much stuff! MAC blacktrack, white eyeliner, Napoleon loose shadow, MAC stars n rockets and pink venus, Too Faced Midnight Nymph and Blue Angel glitter and glitter glue, Lime Crime Chinchilla and a dollar store lip gloss. I used a revlon highlighter they don't sell anymore. I would have done my eyes better drag if I would have had the time and not 3 kids running around hehe. 

I desperately wanted to stay away from blues, but the more I thought about winter the more I couldn't get away from it. I hate winter unless it deals with high fantasy tales, like Narnia. That in mind, I went for a goth ice queen look. The first photo is how everything was envisioned, the second photo is unedited to show colors and some detail.

My makeup process is such a mess, but here is what I know I used:

• Wet n' Wild Coloricon Dark Brown
  • H.I.P. Tenacious
  • H.I.P. Intrepid
  • Urban Decay Narcotic
  • Maybelline Lash Stiletto
  • MAC "Fascinating" Eye Kohl
  • There is also tons of NYX glitter, but the camera doesn't like my glam :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(Lips are just MAC eyeliner w/ unbranded lipgloss. I know it's makeup sin, but it's only for a look.....
redsealed.gif
)

My inspiration For this look was "the trail of lights" we have here in Ausitn, Tx (at least we used too) It was this trail down by town lake that was just different variety of lights and decorations.

I used my coastal scents 88 palette the colors i used are green, yellow, red, blue, purple, and white. I also used blue and purple jems on each sides of my face with gold and silver glitter, My lips are redish pink and my cheeks are pink. L.A colors liquid eyeliner. covergirl mascara "lastblashfusion", eyeliner (pencil) rimmel london 061 jet black. E.L.F's brow palette.

My inspiration was "The trail of Lights" we had here in Austin Texas. It used to be a big deal with the big tree in the middle and then a trail of different decorations and lights with a santa station where the kids could write their santa letters, and a performance stage and as well as hot chocolate :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I used my coastal scecnts 88 palette (white, green, blue, purple, pink, and yellow) I also used purple, and blue jems (hobby lobby or any craft store) used my eyelashes glue to glue them on. I used L.A colors liquid eyeliner. Rimmel London 161 pencil eyeliner. NYX's 536 EROS lip color. Covergirl "lashbastfusion". Rimmel London's match perfection foundation in 340 nude. E.L.F face primer as well as eyebrow palette. L'Oreal true match super-blendable blush "C5-6 I also used gold and silver glitter next to my jems. This look is all the different variety of colors I saw every year in the trail of lights.

This look was inspired by frost on trees.  I stared off with a base of NYC shimmer powder in Opal to get the icy blue frost look, and then used Color Theory shadow in a blue green for the base.  Then I blended a green and gold eye pencil and used a blue eyeliner with purple on the outside.

I also wore a Stilla tinted face cream and used a purple lip liner with red lip gloss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back