Contest - Giveaway: Sugarpill Cosmetics - Create a look called Colorful Winter Wonderland! (Value $415!) [CLOSED]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my colorful winter wonderland look. I used Bare Minerals shadow in colors Beam, Gem, solstice, and Hiking Trail. Glitter was from Blends collection in G03. Lip color Mac Rebel and liner in night moth. 

Hello, everyone!! Just wanted to say that this was a great theme and it inspired me a lot. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Many pretty entries so far and good luck to everyone! <3

Here is my look:

For the color scheme, I was inspired by the coldness of winter and all the pretty blues the snow gives. The pink represents how your nose and cheeks turn pinkish if you stand in the cold too long. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Then I added elf ears because elves equal the holidays for sure! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used:

Sugarpill's Afterparty, Poison Plum, and Dollipop on the lid, blended into one another.

A touch of Sugarpill's Bulletproof and Love+ in the outer V. The Love+ was to darken the Dollipop a bit.

Dusted Sugarpill's Lumi over the inner part of my eye, over a bit of Afterparty, and on my brow bone.

Lined my eyes with Maybellene liners and set them with Bulletproof.

For blush, I used some soft pink sparkly random brand with the smallest hint of Love+.

Lip color was a nude gloss and I dabbed some sparkles on top.

Thanks for looking, the inspiration, and the contest! I had fun doing this and, once again, good luck to all! <3

For this Make up i Mixed with a lot of fantasy keeping the darker tones on the outside corner and the lightest colours on the inside corner. I Used the Blues, greens, violet and a touch of highlight from the Sleek Palette in "Divine" "The original", i added for lining the upper lid a little bit of Black again from the Sleek palette, and a light green eye-liner by Pupa Make.up. I primed my lid with the Too Faced Shadow insurance and i have on my lashes The max factor False Lash Effect Fusion by Max Factor (a light coat).

I was inspired by the title of this competition "Colorful Winter Wonderland!" ...thinking about the ice on the lakes, the shimmering snow under the light of the christmas trees, the violet that according to me is always fashion during this season...i just want to say that if i'd have to go and make a trip on a colorful winter wonderland, well, i would wear this make up!... a colorful shining bright make up for a winter wonderland. Hope you like it!!! 
wink.gif

Hey there fellow makeup lovers!

I was inspired to do this look because where I live (Ontario, Canada) winter means snow, ice and dark skies.

It gets REALLY cold here, but cold doesn't have to mean boring, especially when it comes to makeup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For this look I used Too Faced shadow insurance as a base.

On top of this I applied Royal Sugar by Sugarpill to the middle of my lid, pressing it on for maximum color payoff.

To my outer corner I applied Bulletproof by Sugarpill and pulled it across my crease, blending the line between Royal Sugar and Bulletproof.

To the outer edge of Bulletproof, I applied Poison Plum by Sugarpill, blending it into the black for a gradient effect.

For my brow bone highlight I used Tako by Sugarpill, blending it down into the purple.

For my lower lash line, I followed what I had already applied to my upper lid:  Bulletproof in the outer corner, Royal Sugar to the middle and I pulled down some glitter onto the lower lash line as well for added sparkle.

On the inner corner I used a glitter mixture I made from several Coastal Scents glitters.

I did black gel eyeliner and black mascara, and finished off with a pink lip using NYX Round Lipstick in Fig and a pink gloss.

Hope you enjoy my look as much as I enjoy those created by everyone else!

Thanks :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When I read that the theme for this contest was "Colorful Winter Wonderland" I immediately recalled a memory of fun times during the winter sledding in the woods and having fun with my friends.The sun was going down and a beautiful purple/pinkish sky appeared reflecting off the snow.It was beautiful and that's what I used as the inspiration for this look.I wanted to blend cool blue tones (representing the snow) with the warmness of the purple (representing the sky and sunset) creating a Colorful Winter Wonderland look!

I started with white eyeshadow on the inner corner of my eye, blending it to a light blue.I then used a dark blue eyeshadow in the crease and blended that upwards to purple.I put a primer on my eyebrows and filled them in with dark blue eyeshadow, fading out to a lighter shade of blue.I lined my eyes with black liquid eyeliner to make them pop.I then glued a blue star gem and used a liquid white eyeliner to place dots (representing snowflakes) on the outer corner of my eyes.Lastly, I lined my lips with a purple liquid eyeliner and filled them in blue eyeshadow with a layer of clear gloss over them.

Thanks so much for looking and hosting this wonderful contest! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My colourful Winter Wonderland Norhtern lights/Ice Queen inspred

So for my eyes i applied a white eyeliner all over, then filled my brows in blue and abouve my brows i created a nothern lights mask, and blue gradiant lips.

My inspiration for this look was the white of the snow and the blues of the sky and surroundings, last but not least the shimmer of the snow. I loved looking our the window either at home or driving down the road and seeing how everything glistened so i really tried to capture that. Those days are my favorite in winter here in michigan.

Brows- maybelline twighlight rays

Eyes-

NYX- smokey eye pallet- white

NYX glitter cream pallet- silver

Truth or Dare cosmetics- shady

Truth or Dare- snow

Wet N wild liquid eyeliner

Lashes-

loreal paris double extend mascara

Face-

Maybelline instant age rewind in classic ivory

concealer

BeautiControl setting powder

Cheeks-

NYC face gleamer

Lips-

True shimmer chapstick botanical berry

sliver eye pencil

What i didhere  was a more blended cut crease. I tried to keep it original yet creative.

I smoothed out my complextion with the foundation and the concealer on and around my eyes and set it with the loose powder. I took the darkest blue from the twighlight rays pallet and defined my brows. The concealer is going to be my primer. I then took and patted on a thin layer the NYC matte white eyeshadow all the way up  to my brow. I took a small angled brush and started to cut the crease with the color "shady" blending it upwordto cut it and then took a domed fluffier brush with a little more of the color and bluilt on the color until i got the desired thickness. Then i took a shimmery blue from the L.A colors eyeshadow trio and put it slightly on and above the crease. blending well. Then to define the cut a little bit more i took the angled brush with the color shady and defined the cut.  I took the color "snow" and used it in the inner corners of my eyes and on the brow bone as the highlighter. I added a shimmer right underneath  the brow. Took the silver from the NYX pallet and put the glitter on the very inner corners and the smooth edge on the outer corner.  Lined my eyes . mascara and applied falsies. For cheeks i took the same shimmer and on top of the cheek bone blended it up to my temples making sure i added alot of shimmer. I then used the face gleamer on the apples of my cheeks. For the lips i took the silver from the NYX pallet and use the glitter in the center of my top lip. lined it with a silver pencil. and used chapstick  true shimmer. i then took the same shimmer that i used on my cheeks and patted it on my lips for a very frosted lip.

Thank you so much for this opportunity. I hope you like it!

P.S I love sugarpill cosmetics! Very Inspiring.

This bang'n look was inspired by the Harajuku district of Tokyo vs black ice - the winter aspect to the look.  The eye is painted completely in black liquid eyeliner, with the eyebrows masked out.  Gold pigment is splattered overtop of the black, and then it is covered with an oldskool Lancome eye gloss, which is tinted in a cool blue.  To create some texture to the black eye colour, I painted a black textured rag (okay so it was the dishcloth) with the liquid eyeliner, and then pressed it around the edges of the black.  I then used a silvery blue Revlon creme shadow to add a cool tone to the cheek.  To finish off, I used some bad boy feather lashes - I chose these ones because the white spots represent the snow falling, and then landing on the lips, which is the 'black ice'.  I coloured the lips in black eyeliner and used a silver shadow in the middle to give an icy effect.  Definitely a look I feel I could rock next time I go skiing....!  Yippee, good luck all!

My Inspiration for a Winter Wonderland look was a 1920's era look:) I began by washing my face with Cetaphil Face Wash, then I applied Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer for Combination Skin. I then applied NYX HD Face Primer and let that set for a couple minutes. I proceeded to erase my eyebrows with scar putty by ben nye (i had a little left over from halloween). I applied the putty and swept it towards the direction of each ear. I let the putty set for a bit and I then I applied Kat Von D Concealer in SAND color. I reapplied more concealer to areas that my eyebrows were more visible and I let that dry. As the concealer was drying, I began applying my foundation and I blended it all in with the concealer so it could all match. I used Maybelline New York's Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation with an airbrush finish in Classic Ivory, Light2.  After the foundation I began applying Bright Turquoise eyeshadow by Lady Burd cosmetics and I made sure it was about 1/2 a finger away from my original eyebrows.  After the eyeshadow I applied Show Girls Secret Glitter Glue by Hard Candy to prep the eye lid for glitter. Then, I applied TRUE COLORS loose glitter in gold and I focused on the center of the eyeshadow on the lid and everything inside the oval shape lid. After I applied the glitter, I added NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk color to the inner rim of the eye in the bottom and I brought down the color a little bit to make my eye appear larger. I then applied Red Cherry Eyelashes, #40 to the top area and #12 to the botom right below the NYX eyeliner. I then began to draw my eyebrows, I used Maybelline's Define- a-Line eyeliner in ebony black. I added a little bit of black eyeshadow to the eyebrows from the E.L.F. 144 Limited Edition Palette.

Once my eyebrows were done I proceeded to apply blush,  I used La Femme's Hollywood Blush in Coral color. To complete my look I added a little bit of concealer to my lips and added Soulfully Rich Pro Longwear Lipstick my MAC to the center of my lips.

and tada :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Winter in Australia just means dreary rain, so i took my inspiration from clouds and rain. The purple was just a bit of colourful fun, but also reminds me of a rainbow after the rain has cleared.

I dont often use winter colours, so I had to dig deep into my cheaper make up palettes.

I used:

eye:

NYX milk jumbo pencil

sportsgirl eye sparkle palette in underwater for the blues and the white (and for the flicks of blue under the eye)

manly palette for the silvers

sportsgirl glitter eyeliner - in turquoise for the dots under the eye

mac fluidline in blacktrack

revlon fabulash mascara in blackest black

eyebrow:

rimmel eyeliner in purple shock

urban decay eyeshadow in flash

sportsgirl glitter eyeliner - purple

For my look, I went with a very harsh, angular look because winter and the idea of snow (I'm from Australia, so I have only ever experienced actual snow once in my life) strikes me as a very unforgiving season/weather type. The colours were inspired by the one snowy sunset I ever got to see, it was such a beautiful pink and orange and the twilight after was so deep. I tried to incorporate all of these colours, as well as harsh contouring and highlighting. The glitter lips represent the glittering of light on icy water. 

I began with a facechart in Photoshop to map out the colours and shapes of my look, and then, after applying a pale foundation colour mixed with mattifying gel, I took a matte blue and purple, and carved out the cheek and temple contouring with a fluffy blush brush. Once I was happy with the shape, I went into the eyes with the hot pink and etched the lines through the inner corner of the eye, and then added the yellow and orange over the lid, blending as I went to get a soft gradiation from the pink to orange and back to pink before it swept out into the temple contouring. I then used an angled brush to paint in the purple "lashes" (using the eyeshadow wet), and then a gel black eyeliner to further accentuate the eyes. Then taking the fluffy blush brush again, I high-lit the high points of my face with a white shimmer loose powder, making sure to focus on the tip of the nose and the cupid's bow of my lips. For the lips, I filled them first with a metallic teal pencil, added a thin coat of clear gloss and then finished with an ice blue glitter. Whack on a coat of mascara, and an hour later (dear God...) I was done :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My first contest ever!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So this is my very first contest I will be entering... I have never done it before because I see so much incredible work from others I get a bit discouraged.  So I have decided to suck it up and try it out!  Lol ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

My inspiration for my winter look is the snow and the icicles.  There is nothing I love more about winter than the sight of icicles on the side of mountains that are so thick with ice they actually appear to be a beautiful bluey shade!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

For this look I used:

Pretty Addictions: White Lies

Make Up For Ever: No. 72

Milani Runway Eyes: Beauty in Blues

Avon: Black liner 

Thanks to everyone that checks out my look!!

The Blue Swan! My look was a mix between Black Swan and the Nutcracker. I used my blue and teal colors to bring out the winter wonderland effect. The top of my eye brow and bottom is lined with blue liner and the bottom is lined with white liner to make a snow effect. It is all drawn together with super pink blush. I used all Urban Decay products.

Hello! My inspiration for this look was a Callowlily painting of a girl with insanely bright and exotic makeup all over her face in a cool toned setting. She looked cold to me, and I decided in order to really make this look complete I needed to shoot it outside after the first snow fall. So yes, I was freezing my tail off the entire time. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for technique.... what can I say? I just kind of put the makeup on my face! I used Sugar Pill products for the entire look excepting my foundation, false lashes, and lips, of course. In this look i used Love+, Buttercupcake, Flame Point, Afterparty, and Poison Plum. I added Tako to highlight my brow area and just a hint of starling on my lower lashline to blend the blue and violet together more seamlessly. To make the little yellow dots on my eyelid, I used Buttercupcake and mixed just a bit of water of make like a paste and then used a lip brush to blop it in place. Thats about it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

~Erin Laskowski

When i think of Winter, i think of candy canes and peppermints.  Red and White gives the Christmasy feel for me, and if i eat anything that has a peppermint taste i automatically recall the winter season.  So for the look i created, i did a fairly simple linear design inspired by the linear aspects in those candies.  Winter also has a lot of lights and sparkly things during the season, so for the first time i incorporated glitter into my makeup.  Other than that i tried to do a white lip to give a frosty feel, but i didnt like that at all, and instead did a bold red lip-also using some glitter.  I finished off with false eyelashes, and red blush.

Process:  i did contacts, foundation, eye primer, and drew my eyebrows first.  Then i used liquid eyeliner to draw an exaggerated cat eye.  Using the end of the cat-eye, i followed the natural crease of my eyelid. Then i used white eyeshadow on and above my eyelid.  I also drew a thin line using the small eyeliner pencil along the black eyeliner on my bottom lid.Next i used red eyeshadow and followed along the contour of the previously drawn black line kind of like a wave, drew a thinner line above that, and then drew another on the bottom starting at the end of the cat-eye to about 1/3 of the way along my eye.  I packed on red glitter next and then put on falsies.  then following my cheekbone, i used blush (it was actually red eyeshadow lol). in between the bottom red glitter line, and the blushed area, i drew 4 small dots using the red glitter.  Then i painted my lip dark red (i actually never wear lipstick...so i used watercolor paint after reading an article before xD and surprisingly it worked fine) , applied some more glitter (so much glitter than what im used to~! xD) and done!

Products used:

AVON blonde B04 for eyebrows

Sephora Eyelashes

Bella Terra #44 Midnight Shimmer Powder

Maybelline Ultra Liner Black

unknown brand red eyeshadow

Palladio Baked Eyeshadow (Sallys) snow

Makeup Forever Glitters #7

Sephora brand mini white eyeliner

I only had time to do one eye, but I basically took a piece of fish net and used my blue Urban Decay eyeshadow then made the pink dots (supposed to have been the holes in the fishnet) with my pink Hot Topic eyeshadow. I applied my usual eyeliner and mascara =)

This look has been inspired the cold and snowy weather of winter and sitting around a fireplace with friends and/or family.

(I thought I had posted, so if this shows up twice, I apologize)

This look was inspired by the cold, snowy weather of winter and huddling around a fireplace with family.

I used my Blue UrbanDecay eyeshadow (I think the color is called Cobalt) and the darkest Pink in my palletted from Hot Topic. I started off using a patch of fishnet, but sadly the blue smeared and I just had to do pink dots on blue background. I did my normal eyeliner, so nothing fancy, and mascara. I then applied an false eyelash (sice I only had the time to do one side). I then simply filled in my eyebrow with my eyeliner pencil since my natural eyebrows are blonde. I wish it had come out better, but I still hope I have a chance. =)

I dyed my hair blue a few days ago, and even then thought of doing an "Ice Queen" look.  This was the result.  The idea is not only Ice Queen, but Ice Queen granting visions of gumdrops dancing in thier heads.

What I did: 

Started with Urban Decay Primer Potion

NYX jumbo Pencil in milk on my eyebrows.

Sugarpill Tako and Afterparty for the "icicles"

Sugarpill Tako, Afterparty, Midori, Dollipop, Poison Plum, Love+, Flamepoint and Buttercupcake for the "gumdrops"

Sugarpill Dollipop for the inner corner.

Ulta white eyeliner

Maybelline Eye Studio Blue Freeze (middle) cream eyeshadow for darker blue liner

Fright Night eyelashes in Pixie Dust

I also used various shimmery blue, white and light pink colors from an Ulta palate that has no names on the colors for blending.

Cheeks:  Sugarpill Afterparty, Dollipop and Tako

Foundation:  Loreal whipped foundation

Lips:  Makeup Forever Aqua Cream, Maybelline Eye Studio cream eyeshadow Blue Freeze, and some other eyeshadow pallate that I have that has silvery colors in it, but it's so old the brand name has rubbed off.  lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back