Contest - Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Sets of 23 Obsessive Compulsive(OCC Makeup) Lips Tars ($299 value each) - closed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makeup is a creative outlet for me, like most people on MuT!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I took art classes for 14 years, but I'm not really into painting and drawing anymore outside of the classroom. So makeup gives me a chance to express my artistic visions.

Makeup is transformation, and whimsical magical theatre. It is camouflage, transcendental, secretive and precise.

what makeup means to me is the ablility to be creative and show people a part of me that I wouldnt be able to do before. Makeup allows me to be who I really want to be and show people things I actually want them to see. Makeup doesnt define me but It is a part of me and my life . because of makeup people come to me to help them with their makeup needs and questions. makeup means that I have the ability to make people change the perception of themselves and allow them to see something in them that they have never seen before. Make up gives me and many other people a light that they have never seen before something that allows them to feel better be more confident and Show the world who they really are.

<3 Jasmine :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ever had those days where you woke up feeling blah? Anything you tried on just wasn't fitting you well and your cat peed on one of your favorite pairs of heels? Well, I have! True story.

The only thing that seems to reverse my glum attitude is when I sit in front of my vanity dresser and get dolled up. Make-up is the one thing I can control, it is always on MY terms and how I want it. I am like a kid in a candy store when I get a new eye shadow pallet, lipstick and lip gloss. I just can't wait to get home to play with them!

My eyes fill with glee and my nose dances to the sight and scent of fresh, new make-up. By no stretch am I am professional MUA but I have always been fascinated by it since I've worked with many of them. I guess you can call me a closet MUA. 
wub.gif
  Also, it never hurts to have my boyfriend, lovingly and approvingly, look at me with his hazel eyes and tell me how beautiful I  look. 

I believe that we feel only as good as we look. Make-up is something I can wear a little of or get bold and sexy with. It raises the confidence to another level and allows me to be as creative as

I want.

VIVA MAKE-UP

This is what make-up means to me.

Makeup means a lot to me ,I wouldn't say that i couldn't live without makeup but almost, makeup helped me during a difficult period of my life, i was depressed and had zero self confidence, but makeup helped to get my confidence back and to feel better about myself, makeup also help me to express my creativity, and i think that it is something that is really important to everyone , and makeup is  a loooot of fun i just can't imagine my life without makeup it's my passion and such a great way to express myself and to show my personality. <3

I know the details said the contest is open to US residents only (which is a real negative point with me about blogs&contests) but I wanted to answer the question anyways... I was never the "girly-girl" who was into the perfect hair with the perfect clothes and the perfect face. I never really go into the whole makeup attractant because all I saw were people trying to either cover up who they were or be someone they weren't. I did have one dark secret though...I was totally obsessed with eyeshadows. I'm such a color freak that I found myself falling for the heights and darks and everything in between. I found shades that made my eyes POP, shades that had me going WTF after I applied them to my eyes. There were shades I had to have and shades that made me laugh as I though "what were they on when they thought this baby up?". I found out then (only about 3 years ago actually) that makeup can also be used as a way for one to express themselves, to be dramatic or subtle, to shout out to the world "I am who I want to be so". In short makeup to me is a way to have some fun, play up the nuances of your personality (are you a smoky-eyed super spy or a soft romantic eyed girl next door?). It helped me to discover that I don't have to be afraid of loosing my identity but having the freedom to express myself and have some fun turning heads while I'm at it ;p

What does makeup mean to me? I've never been asked that question before because no one has really cared to ask. But makeup means everything to me. It's my passion, it is my life. I first fell in love with makeup when I was 11 years old, though my mom wouldn't buy it for me. We started out just buying simple liglosses from Lip Smacker and other brands and as I got older she let me buy eyeliner. My signature look began with just eyeliner and chapstick. It was silly but I was happy with just that. As soon as I got out of high school, I started buying eyeshadow, theough they were cheap and my favorite brand then was LA Colors. I started experimenting with eyeshadows and my friends used to make fun of me because I didn't know how to blend well but forgive me, I was just starting out. I don't use any bronzers and foundations on my face because my mom doesn't want my face to get used to all this makeup. I believe that makeup is a work of art. Using your body and your face to display artistry such as vibrant and bold colors is just amazing. How someone can transform themselves to look a certain way has always captivated and amazed me since I was a little girl. I have transgressed and bout the more expensive and good brands such as MAC and Urban Decay and I look forward to buying more makeup to help me cover up my natural beauty and look glamourous even if it's just for a couple of hours or a day. That is what I think makeup means to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thank you very much!

Make up has many meanings to me.  A lot of the time I use makeup as a form of expression for example when I'm happy I will use  a lot of bright colors and when I'm feeling down I might do really dark tones.  Make up also allows me to feel a lot better about myself.. I get a little ego booster when I am wearing makeup and it makes me a happier person.  When I know I look good I feel good!  Also I use makeup as art.  I love to do fantasy makeup in my spare time and try out new looks.  I have a lot of fun doing makeup request and even testing on my friends new looks!  I have a couple of friends who love for me to give them makeovers to look like a certain creature or pop star.  I think that applying makeup and blending colors the correct way does take a lot of skill and patience.  I am always happy to make a new face!  Finally makeup also allows us to accent our best features!  My favorite feature to accent is the eyes... I love using highlights because I think it makes your eyes pop.

What Makeup means to me:

The reason I started wearing and expressing myself through makeup is because of my Grandmother. Growing up I watched her powder, makeup,  and dress herself up almost everyday. Like myself, my Grandmother was a very quiet woman but her bright and colorful eyeshadows and bold fashion spoke volumes about her kind and loving heart and spirit. My Grandma died when I was 15 and I lost apart of my self. She was the only person that understood me, the way I dressed, way I thought and my creative edge. I was depressed for years but as I started getting back into art and makeup, that became our bond. Most people think im so strange for the way I wear my makeup or hair but I feel that im making her proud everytime im not ashamed to be myself. Plus everytime I step in front of the mirror to put my makeup on I feel that she is right beside me doing the same.

Makeup means to me so many things, it’s a way to express yourself, make you feel good about yourself and the best part about makeup is it “One size fits allâ€.  I recently have had medical conditions and with this have put on a lot of weight, I haven’t wanted to go out and buy a shirt, a pair of pants or even a pair of shoes (even my feet gained weight J). Then I found MUT and made friends and met some interesting people who showed me makeup tricks and how to feel good about yourself. So when I think of makeup I think of how confident I feel when I put it on and think of how my friends from MUT continue to teach me knew things every day. Makeup is an amazing tool.

Wow what an awesome giveaway!

What does makeup mean to you?

To me, makeup means a lot! I love that I can bring out my best facial feature, my eyes, with the help of mascara! I also love the face that makeup can make me feel pretty on the inside as well. Once I feel pretty on the outside, it automatically makes me feel good inside. When putting makeup on others, it makes me feel good do be doing something nice for others. It feels good to know that I helped them feel pretty from the inside out too.

Liked both MUT and OCC on facebook. =]

Makeup means the world to me. As an artist I love any outlet for my creativity and makeup is one of those, It allows me to let my creative juices flow in a different medium. I love that you can change how you look everyday by just changing your makeup, and change how you feel by making yourself more beautiful than you already are. For an artist having another outlet is amazing, and theres nothing better than feeling awesome while creating art on your face, that makes you feel fantastic because you look great.

Frankly, makeup is my WORLD. As a MUA who's still pretty new in the industry, every piece of cosmetics I buy is an investment in my future. Since I'm still pretty young and still in college, I can't afford to buy anything and not use it. I've been a fan of OCC since I saw QueenOfBlending use it on Youtube and actually didn't see the actual product until I went to the Makeup Show Chicago this past June. It's a phenomenal product and I hope one day I can afford to own all these products and spread the word to all of my clients.

What does makeup mean to me?
Make up means everything to me. It means having the chance to express yourself and show people how you truly feel. Make up not only changes your features it enhances them to make them better. Make up, along with how you dress, can make for a good impression or a bad impression. Sometimes you wear the wrong colors but oh well thats why they call it trial and error right? Make up makes your face your own canvas and lets you show people what you can do and show them how proud you are of it.

Makeup definitely makes me more confident and comfortable with myself. Ive never had much self confidence but when i wear makeup i definitely feel much more confident, especially when i do something bright and colorful. <3 Plus its just so much fun that i'm able to be so creative and just play with how i do my makeup, the sky's the limit ^^ Its actually become a conversation piece with people i meet ^^ I also really enjoy doing my friends makeup, especially when i see how happy they are with the way they look when they cant do it for themselves. makeup just really means a lot to me and has certainly made be a happier person since i enjoy doing it so much. ^__^

Oh gosh. I was Googling for sites to buy the OOC lip tars and I just so happened to stumble upon this. *spazzes*

Anyways, makeup is a huge part of my life. It helped me transition from an awkward high-schooler to who I am today. I just get this kick out of coordinating what I wear with my makeup, and I fangirl out of mixing and matching different products and see them form this lovely shade of something, and it's literally like magic, because I'm almost never able to reproduce it again. Plus, I cosplay when I get the chance, so this is a near-necessity for me.

I once read someone worrying about how makeup was a crutch for her, and that she wasn't naturally pretty without it. Not true. Makeup only enhances whatever beautiful features we wo(men) already have. And it's the same for me each and every day. I'm an artist myself, and I can appreciate seeing myself as a blank canvas in the morning and rushing out of the house as a work of art.

Well, that's it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck to everyone here, and thanks for the very, very generous contest.

Your makeup is a favorite product of my girlfriend. I'm entering this in hopes of winning that prize for her.

Make up to me means freedom. Now, I don't mean to get all preachy here. But freedom represents what I really think make up is all about. I do have the capacity to go out bare faced (well as long as we're not counting concealer and foundation Lol) and everyday for work that's how I leave the house. But when its time to go out I can be whoever it is that I want. Going out as the girl with a super sexy sultry smoky eye with neutral lip. Or a totally toned down eye and an extreme pop of pink on my lips. I could even be the conservative girl with natural make up that just makes me look polished and understated.

I can be dramatic, fun, sexy, cute, extreme, light, natural, neutral. I like that make up gives me options. Because hey, sometimes I just wish I was born with navy blue lashes, and I can now achieve that with the huge array of fantastic products out there. I'm proud of who I am and love myself without make up, but I think its way cool that I have the option of amping up, or toning down how I look.

Makeup to me is as simple as it is complex.  It allows me to make my outside match my inside.  It reflects my mood, feelings, thoughts, simplicity, complexity, whether I'm neutral or colorful.  It is the truest expression of who I am at that moment.

To me makeup is fun and exciting to experiment. Makeup is creating looks that enhance my beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back