Contest - Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Sets of 23 Obsessive Compulsive(OCC Makeup) Lips Tars ($299 value each) - closed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put; "my body is my journal and makeup tells my story."

To me, Make Up is individuality.

Just like clothes or a parfume, its a part of my personality.

Make up is an escape. It can transform me into the most beautiful girl in the room all the way to being the most hideous gory beast alive!

Make up to me, is like music and art. It can be pretty and light and then it can be dark, either way it is all beautiful.

Makeup has always been a big part of my life. When I was a teen I didn't realize how much it meant to me. But then I got older and let myself go looks wise. Weight gain, acne, and I never wore  makeup anymore. Then one day me and my hubby moved and he 'accidentally' threw out my makeup case. It was big but it was all old and hadn't been used in forever. So, being a guy who loves makeup on a girl, he said 'Go and get yourself some new stuff'. Until that shopping trip, I didn't realize how much I loved the whole experience - the colours, the packaging, the sounds of the cases, the swatching, and even just the feeling of them in my hands. It might sound crazy but it's true.

I went home and tried out a new look and felt beautiful again. I felt like I deserved to be beautiful! That day snowballed in to a whole new me - I lost 20+ lbs, cleared up my skin, got some new pretty clothes and a whole new outlook again. I am now an aspiring MUA and have my own beauty page on FB with close to 1300 fans. It has also helped me tap into my artistic side again, which I thought was long gone!

So, in short, makeup really has meant everything. It saved me from losing myself <3

Makeup means many things to me. First and foremost, being an artist, makeup allows me to create a variety of masterpieces on a different sort canvas. Makeup can be used to create a mood, amp up one's best features, or completely disguise and change a person's appearance. Makeup, to me, means that with a skillful hand, different colors, and confidence, I can be whoever I want to be. Perhaps a dramatic starlet, or perhaps the girl next door. The possibilities are endless. Being nearly 18, I'm considered to be fairly young in the makeup industry. I take that as an advantage. My ultimate career goal is to become a professional licensed make-up artist. So until I'm old enough, I have plenty of time to practice, experiment, and ultimately play with this stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Bottom line, makeup gives me the chance to express my creativity as well as help others discover the true beauty that lies within them. All with a little color and the stroke of a brush.

On a side note, good luck to everyone! I've been increasingly interested in OCC Lip Tars so this is a steal. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(Already liked on facebook)

makeup to me is a means of self expression and putting more emphasis on my inward mood and projecting it out. 

Makeup to me is a universal way to express yourself.  As a makeup artist a blank canvas is a clean face that you can form and transform into something beautiful.  There is no better reward than seeing a client's face when they take their first look after their makeup is done.  For myself, I love color and am not afraid to use it.  I especially love bright colors for my eyes with a nude lip.  My current summer favorite looks include: anime lip tar and mix beta lip tar in the middle of my lips with a wash of beautiful iris across my lid and a winged out liquid liner with two coats of mascara;  or a bright lime color eyeshadow on the lid, green eyeshadow on the crease, and Mac's ricepaper in the inner corner and highlight with a winged out liquid liner again and two coats of mascara, and as for the lips I have been going with a pink tone like Mac's Speedial, or a neutral nude lip.  Like I said before, I love color and I love making different color combinations work.  Makeup is my life and I love it. 

makeup gives me my daily dose of CONFIDENCE. I've always felt somewhat shy and well... just not pretty ...but that was before discovering the wonders a little makeup can do.  now i feel comfortable in my skin. it might sounds sexist to some but makeup makes me feel like a woman. <3

What makeup means to me? - mystery. Even though i'm only 19 makeup allows me to create looks that defy the odds. I can make myself look  years older only by using certain eye techniques or changing my normal eyeliner routine. I am also able to look years younger by softening shades or using bright colours. Makeup is the subject in my life where I can truly transform into an artist. When I was in school it was mandatory to take art and I always felt like such a failure because I could not paint/draw/sculpt like the teacher wanted me to.... actually I think I actually was close to failing ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would never be referred to as an artist because I could never do those things very well. Now, I certainly think i'm an artist in the upmost of terms! My face is where I create the art, I add shades of blush that can take me from a bronze goddess to an innocent girl. I can paint my lips with the red-est of reds or slick on gloss to add shimmer. Its endless the possibilities that makeup gives me, I like being able FOR ONCE to choose the colours I want to choose. I don't have to worry about what goes together, If i want to apply green eyeshadow then you bet I will apply that green eyeshadow and make it look the way I think is artistic. The whole concept of being an artist is to create what you think is art, and my one and only form of art is makeup, it really has changed my life and given me the confidence to better myself, more than I ever would've thought.

<3

Hi everyone!

So i just joined Makeup talk. I Think makeup is like art. I love to paint portraits and i think that ties in with why i love makeup. I recently filled out an application for ulta!  Fingers crossed I get the job! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also believe in myself and think that i do my own makeup pretty well! These lip glosses are amazing! I would definitely share!
heart.gif

I think makeup is a great confidence booster. It allows us to enhance our natural beauty. It also lets us be creative. As I've grown, I've learned to try new things. I wore nothing but nude lips all up until college. Now, I rarely ever rock nude lips. Bold lips FTW! 
biggrin.gif
 I've never tried OCC Makeup, let alone these lip tars, but I've been coveting them for a really long time now. 

Thanks so much for the chance!

- Nicole

Make-up is a form of art...there are no rules on how to do anything so you can do anything from simple to extremely creative looks! =D

*fan of MUT on fb

*fan of OCC on fb

What makeup is to me is showing my creativity and being myself and showing my personality through my makeup

My makeup of the day:

To me, makeup is a way to turn yourself into a living piece of artwork.  Since I am working in an extremely conservative industry, it's one of the only ways I can show who I am without causing a lot of trouble for myself.  To me, makeup is not about hiding and concealing your "flaws" - it's all about expression and personality.  I don't have much time every morning for the application process, but I still manage to layer plenty of different colors each day.  My motto is... if you apply makeup and no one can tell, why bother?  Just my way of saying go big or go home! =)

~ Kelsea

makeup is just a way to express myself! i do not use makeup to cover up or hide my flaws on a daily basis (although i have def used some to cover up a pimple or two!)...i am in LOVE with eye shadows and lippies, i use them to create art...on mah face!

Makeup means feeling GREAT about myself every day! If I feel confident about my face, I feel great all day long. So many people think that makeup is a way to hide your true self, but I think that using makeup properly is all about enhancing your natural beauty and making yourself stand out. Once I got confident and skilled at applying my makeup, I felt like I could take on the world! My everyday routine this summer includes tinted moisturizer with SPF, e.l.f. cream blush, Aromaleigh eyeshadows, and my new favorite lipstick by Buxom. I love combining my outfit and makeup to create a new me every day.

I'm not gonna lie, I used to hate make up because of what it's done to people, girls, BUT just like anything in life, you need to find balance. Some people feel like they NEED make up to look good, carrying a min-mirror or even using their phone to do their make up in various places; church, school, et cetera. Make up is supposed to ENHANCE beauty though, and honestly, I can look at anyone and find beauty naturally. Everyone is unique, but some strive to look like someone else, and honestly, not every style fits the same person. Different skin tones, hair textures, eye shapes, but another thing people have to face is their budget, the availability of certain products/brands, as well as giving themselves an extra flare-unless of course, they'd prefer a more natural look.

Above all, my favorite routine is a smokey eye, it's almost inverted as compared to most smokey eye tutorials I've seen, but I have spent much, MUCH time, as well as money on perfecting my make up.

It's been a bit ridiculous at times, and I've been embarrassed at how badly I used to use make up, just putting on foundation and eyeliner-but it's like a cake without every ingredient needed to keep the cake together, ending up as a clumpy pudding rather than cake.

Now, after about 6 years of using make up, looking at tutorials online for make up, hygiene products, hair, even halloween costumes!-I have two looks that I love.

One is much more casual, simply using my foundation, concealer, bronzer, and then powder, but only using a lip shimmer with lip gloss, and occasionally a naturale eye formula (much like a smokey eye, with earthy/warm colors, rather than shimmery ones that make your eyes pop.)

And my other look has a sheer reddish-hot pink color, depending on if I used a light gloss to give it moisture/shine, as well as a shimmery smokey eye, which gives me a jet-edge look. I use this one when I do photo shoots, or go to work because I feel like it makes me look more prepared & organized than if I simply go to work with just my hair in a pony tail.

I've never been able to buy obsessive cumpulsive cosmetics, but a man named Petrilude on Youtube loves the products, and I absolute loved the way a girl who goes by the screen name, "QueenOfBlendingMUA" portrays OCC's lip tars. I am inlove with how strongly pigmented the colors are, and my absolute favorites are the Anime, Trollop, Stalker, and Clear lip tars. I hate all-day lip glosses because they're so glumpy and make a mess, but ones that don't last are a waste of money/time. On the other hand, lipstains stay on all day, but they dry out my lips, and using the lip balm over and over again makes it deteriorate. ): Lip tars, which by videos I've watched, aren't heavy, and you only need to use a DROP to cover your entire lip! Which you can clearly see in the following video:

:)

I love Obsessive Compulsive eye shadows also because they're so strongly pigmented, but the fact that they can be used with the clear lip tar (or as any other color pigmented product could,) is even more amazing!

I just love how make up can make someone express just about anything-from sorrow to anger, from scary to bubbly; you can create so many different looks, and create a personality out of your make up combination.

The only thing I know would clearly make a huge difference in my make up routine is using primer to set everything, but usually, as long as I'm not sweaty, and as long as I set everything with a powder, my "look" struts the sidewalks and buildings perfectly fine throughout the entire day. (;

Confidence is key, with, or without make up, but if you want to stun, soften, or express your mood, make up can be as creative as a painting, as your face is the canvas. Don't forget that even artists wash their brushes after they end their work of art though-make up isn't meant to cover up and suffocate your pores!

I like to spread word of good products, no matter what, and I'll be honest with someone if they're trying to purchase make up that I've tried, and KNOW are bad quality-I am currently a cashier at a friendly store called Wegmans :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But just as anyone shouldn't point out a fault, flaw, or mistake of a brother without any advice/solution, I always point them in the direction of any products I find are much better.

Examples are lip products I recommend from OCC as well as primer from NYX, and hygiene products/tools from Eco Tools. I used to ruin towels, wash cloths, and even my own clothes with make up, because all of it wouldn't come off, even after purchasing make up remover-BUT I found these cleansing pads which are half sponge, half cotton, which are useful for both make up removing, face cleansing, removing lipstain, and even for emergency powder-applying, if it goes weary, and I can't pull out my entire bag of brushes right then and there.

Excuse me for my ranting, hahah, <3 just being completely honest with what I do with and think of make up. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for listening! I hope even if I don't win, that this has been helpful to others. I'm not quite sure if I can edit this after posting, but if I can, I may attach photos of my current look later on. I donated my hair to Locks of Love just one or two weeks ago, so my hair is short, but I actually love how my hair almost frames my face and the focus with my make up is much stronger than it used to be. The pictures from my photoshoot today look MUCH better than the few others I've done in the past, but I feel like with the right products from OCC I can make my look even more dramatic than it already is. I always admired the girls who were mysterious, yet confident and stunned everyone in photos and movies with sharp style. Wishing you all luck! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To me, makeup means- Endless possibilities!!!  Whatever my mood is from day to day, I can portray that through my makeup.  When I'm down, a little MAC Lip Glass can instantly boost my spirits.  It's all about art and self-expression!!!

Make-up has taught me to see a different side of myself. It makes me feel beautiful & allows me to express my creativity. I used to not wear make-up at all, or not really know how to put it on in a way that would flatter me. It wasn't until a few years ago after I had my son that I really took an interest in it. I saw a girl who looked amazing and was a real head turner. All because of her make-up. I tried mimicing her looks and watching youtube videos. It was the same girl that bullied and picked on my looks for months til i lost all shreds of self esteem I had. Last Christmas my mother bought me OCC & Sugarpill cosmetics and after working at it every day im slowly building my self esteem and self expression back. All thanks to your amazing cosmetics :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To me makeup is creativity, and creativity is everything. Makeup can make my face angled or round. Pale and washed out or glowing and vibrant. I depend on my creativity and my make up every day, weather its for art or to make my monstrous morning face presentable. Make up can make my good features shine, and my 'bad' features shine even brighter to blind anyone who put my facial features down in the past. Make up can make me feel better about myself so that when I paint, I'm not worried about the Jesus on the wall next to me judging my under eye circles and large Spanish nose, I feel confident enough to keep my mind focused on the canvas. I have extremely low self esteem and makeup helps me deal with it.
heart.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back