Contest - Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Sets of 23 Obsessive Compulsive(OCC Makeup) Lips Tars ($299 value each) - closed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked both pages Simply put, make-up to me is pure art. It can be so simple yet so complicated, messy or breathtaking, natural or bold. Makeup is the perfect definition of antevasin beauty.

This giveaway is fabulous! What does makeup mean to me? So much! Makeup and I have an almost life-long relationship that goes back to when I was 4 and picked out my first eyeshadow at a pharmacy with my mom (just for play). I grew up in a very conservative household in many ways, so makeup wasn't something I could wear out of the house much until around 16. It was something I worked at constantly on my own, playing with different looks and never being able to wear them out but that was ok because I played with makeup for myself, not for anyone else. Now in my late 20's I still have the same attitude. I channel some of my creative energy to create looks that I love and that express who I am, but I still do it for myself! I think it's important that women don't slather on makeup because they're insecure or because they feel other people won't like how they look without it. Makeup gives you the independence to be who you are; it shouldn't be something that makes you what others want you to be.

Makeup means Unlimited Possibilities in creative person expression.. You can change anything with the right makeup.. <3

Makeup, to me, is my medium to show off my creativity. I use it on a daily basis depending on my moods and how far I'd like to extend my creative flair. I never thought of myself as fitting in as teenager, and it wasn't until I hit 21 that I developed my own sense of self. I began expirimenting with products from the store that I worked at and that was what helped me to decide what I was working towards for my future.  

As an aspiring makeup artist, I'm able to practice on myself and other people. I'm able to inspire and set trends. You can either blend in with the rest of the crowd, or stand apart.  I love the ability to help people feel like someone new or for them to see the beauty that was there all along with a little push.

Makeup helps me express who I really am. It is tough on the weekdays during work when I can only wear simple foundation. I feel like such a "cookie cutter" person. Like I'm just one of the "normal" everyday trend-following people. On the weekends, though... I get to be ME. Bright colors, edgy designs, and new experimentations with eyeshadow and lip color. I love being odd, unusual, and unique! It also makes me feel beautiful, but not vanity-beautiful. Beautiful in a more of a bringing-my-soul-to-the-surface kind of way. If fact, I am currently looking into becoming a makeup artist so I can help others feel the same way.

Makeup has changed my life. A few years ago I was with my boyfriend [my ex now] and as horrible as it sounds...it was an emotionally abusive relationship. He was constantly telling me that I wasn't pretty enough to have anyone else love me, that he was the only person that ever could. I was so blinded by my love for him, I thought he was serious. Then, eventually it got worse and he said I was ugly and I was lucky that even he loved me. And, at this time, he was over weight and not the cleanest person........I felt horrible about myself. I ended up watching makeup tutorials on youtube, and became obsessed. I fell in LOVE with xsparkage. And she has totally turned my life around. I got into makeup and I felt so beautiful. My boyfriend was starting to realize it and found another way to put me down. After about 6 months, this guy at work confessed to me that he liked me. And it was someone I thought was sweet. It made me think.........if he likes me, even though my boyfriend said no one would ever like me....it can't be possible. I denied it for a while. But then, I started to fall for my co-worker. I broke up with my boyfriend and he was pissed. And, now, two and a half years later, I am still with my co-worker, my amazing boyfriend. Who loves me even when I am not dolled up. He has made me feel beautiful with or without makeup. And I am extremely happy to feel confident with my looks. Makeup has made me realize the person I am. And I will always be grateful! It truly has changed my life. <3

Growing up I never had a "girly" influence despite having 5 sisters. I was always given the impression makeup was a luxury, and that was something we couldn't afford. Going into my teenage years when I would experiment with friends makeup I was teased when my family would see me wearing it. So I began to think of makeup as another way for people to hurt me. As if being overweight, horrible home haircuts, and having to wear hand me down clothes that were way out of date wasn't bad enough. 20 years later I start to experiment again with makeup, and it made me feel good, for once I actually had times of feeling pretty. Being a single work from home mom I don't have much opportunity to get fancied up and go out, but you better believe I rock out some lippies while cleaning and changing diapers. Now that I am older and have my own kids makeup means you can be anything you want to be, the possibilities are endless. With the stroke of a brush you can go from conservative to flirty, to a rock star. Funny how just putting on even a lip product can bring out different sides of a person depending on the color they choose.

What does make-up mean to me? Make-up is a way for me to express myself and my feelings in an artistic way. As I possess no actual artistic talent this is important to me! If I am feeling sexy, I can show it with my make-up, by wearing a red lip and dark smokey eyes. If I'm feeling blue, I can wear, well, blue eyeshadow! It also works the opposite way - if I'm feeling something negative make-up can help turn that around. I mean, who can be grumpy and frown all day when wearing bright pink eyeshadow or fuchsia lipstick? For me personally, make-up is important as it makes me feel 'more together'. I rarely go without polish on my nails as I think it really completes my day-to-day look. I read somewhere once that many people will judge you on your hands when they first meet you, and having well-cared for nails is a must, whether they are painted or not. Face make-up has the same effect - I find that even just a coat of mascara and clear gloss on my lips really brightens my face and makes me feel 'finished'.

Makeup, to me, is a way to express myself. I love doing my friends makeup and seeing them get all excited. It warms my heart

Its amazing how you can highlight all your features and your beauty with make up techniques but still adding your personal style. I love how with make up you can play with products, textures and colors and always will get a different result. I took make up lessons and since then im completely in love with it and everything you can do about it! Make up is the tool that helps you creating confidence and make women feel beautiful by translating their essence and personality into an image or look. Make up for me is the best complement in a women's face. It is just about giving that special touch onto a natural beauty!

Estefania V.

Makeup means multiple things to me. It means enhancement of beauty, it means artistry, and most of all, it means expression. With makeup, a person can express themselves by the colors of makeup they choose to wear. They can be as daring as bright blues and purples, or subtle with neutral browns. A person can enhance their beauty just by evening out their skin tone with some foundation.

Currently, my summer makeup routine usually consists of a neutral smokey eye, contoured cheeks, with a rosey pink blush, MAC or Bobbi Brown concealer, and finished with MAC Mineralized Skin Finish. I am so OFF foundation this summer!!!

What does makeup mean to me?

Well, Makeup means being able to get up everyday and not knowing what I am going to create. Not being a very artistic person in other aspects of life makeup gives me an outlet in which I can express my different ideas. I love experimenting with new colors and figuring out what works for me and what doesn't. Trying out new products is something that I enjoy doing and helping my mom and sisters with their makeup allows me to give advice and experiment on other people. I don't make profit out of doing makeup, for right now I just like doing it for fun!

Hi OCC and MakeupTalk!

Thanks for the contest.. a nice wake up call during my morning work shift!!!

I went to a gallery exhibition called Beauty CULTure in LA a few weeks ago. I think it described beauty very well that, "Beauty appeals to our most primitive instincts and the highest of our spirituality. People see it as a public manifestation of inner spirituality."

The exhibition displayed the good, the bad, and the ugly. It really got me thinking why I turn into an obsessed little ferret when it comes to beauty or makeup.

My definition is... that it is my identity and happiness. It is forever a part of who I am and I absolutely love how it connects everyone... for example this site and many others!!!

Beauty can easily turn ugly if one takes the wrong turn, but beauty in its nature is beautiful...therefore, here's to hoping (for the beauty culture and THIS CONTEST MUAHHAHAHAHHAH!)

xo,

Ujin

P.S. I already "liked" you guys before! <3

Man I would love to try these out! I've tried longwear lip products before and always found them terribly drying, but it sounds like OCC has cracked the code! Just think of the possibilities with all those heavily pigmented shades!

To me, makeup is an opportunity to express myself and travel through time. Nothing completes victory rolls and the perfect wiggle dress like beautifully winged cat eyes and a bold red lip. The beehive and 1960s mini box dress feel incomplete without a pale lip, banana lines and falsies on the lower lash line. Whether I'm channeling the energy of decades past, or just running out of the house in a maxi dress with a bit of lipgloss and some tinted moisturizer, makeup allows me to have a blast exploring its many applications over the years. It's like getting to do a little bit of art every morning.

I am very excited about this thread contest as I am a very big OCC lip tar fan.

Make-up to me is a  stress reliever. Ever since I was younger I used my "play" make up to entertain myself. I was a very shy child and playing with my makeup and creating different looks allowed me to forget about my then inability to interact with other children. I was able to use my imagination and it allowed me to never feel alone. Today I still find makeup to be soothing. I often find myself applying makeup and creating looks during my down time. It allows me to escape myself and create different personalities. Through the application of makeup I am able to become more than just a wife, worker and mom. I can be sexy, glamorous, playful, creative. I can use my makeup to reflect my mood or to express the mood I would like to be in.

To me makeup is more than just a great accessory or an art-form its theraputic.

Make up to me is all about creativity. I love how it transforms someone and making yourself into something completly different. Makeup is passion, its a tool you can use to better your apperance. its powerful. 

Its not about what brands you use, its about the effort and creativity that sparked what inspired you!

To me makeup is freedom and expression. I am in love with bright colors and love to mix it up or kick things up a notch with anything from some hot pink lipstick to peacock inspired eyeshadow, or maybe even just a simple smokey eye-just whatever comes to mind that day. It allows me to express myself and how i am feeling in a way that embraces my creative side and gives me the freedom to try different looks and almost transform myself. A great makeup look always makes the day feel a little better :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What makeup means to me?
  Well makeup has definitely been a huge part of my life mostly these past 5 years or so. I'm a person who's drawn to a product that has a variety of colors. I also love brands that have highly pigmented eye shadows because eye shadows are my weakness. A recently new product that I've been introduced to is Inglot and they have amazing eye shadows and I'm on the hunt to collect them all. And a few other brands that a huge fave of mine include Sugarpill, Kat Von D and NYX. And very lately I've been wanting to expand my brush collection so I can try new techniques that can improve my makeup application skills. I love makeup because it can help transform you into the person you want to be. It brings me more confidence when I know I look good. A little concealer can go a long way. Makeup is amazing in all aspects because without it we wouldn't have these picture perfect actors onscreen that we drool over and we wouldn't have believable goblins and ghouls during Halloween that scare us in the night and we wouldn't have that flawless bride walking down the aisle that we all look at joyously. Makeup can transform a person as well as a life. Its amazing and I love it.

~Elaine

What does Make-Up mean to you?

It means a way to be pretty, to hide my blemishes/flaws and be girly. I've always been more of a tomboy, and makeup is like never a normal thing for me to do in the mornings still. I love having all this when i want to go out, and be more dressed up, or just bored and play. It makes me feel SO girly.

Makeup to me is like my soul mate, its a way to express myself everyday. Its amazing what makeup can do for a person it can transform you into nearly anything from a fantasy character to an animal.I love to see the smile on the persons face when they see how different a little touch of makeup can do. Makeup is my passion i don't know what i would do without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back