Contest - Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Sets of 23 Obsessive Compulsive(OCC Makeup) Lips Tars ($299 value each) - closed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makeup is the art of reflecting the beauty within. It's a creative outlet and a way of life for me. I find that I enjoy Tim Burton and darker type of looks. The first makeup tutorial I ever watched was by myeyeshadow is odd. After that I was hooked to youtube and the beauty world. I also enjoy making tutorials myself now it's so much fun and very addicting. I have so many ideas I'm working on and can't wait to bring to life on screen. I'm most interested in theatrical and costume theme makeup leaning more towards bolder and horror related looks. One of my favorite artists is CallowLily and I'm working towards creating some makeup looks, based off of some of my favorite pieces. My hope and dream is to one day be a freelance makeup artist. I feel most alive with my makeup brush in hand creating the next look.   
heart.gif
 Countess Carnage​

Make up is a creative outlet, you can transform yourself daily to fit you mood, even tho my daily routine is usually very bright n colorful. I love doing different things, and getting comments on the colors i use, or being able to let people know about brands they may not know about. It also gives me that extra boost of confidence (may sound shallow) but when you feel pretty your attitude and outlook on things are better.  

Thanks for this opportunity

Liked both on facebook as well, and have been participating in FOTD :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

When I was younger the only makeup I wore was eyeliner, I really didn't like spending my time putting it on because it was too time consuming. Makeup became my barrier from the world when I developed acne at 17, it was the way I disguised myself from the world. Soon after my love affair with makeup began because it was no longer a way for me to hide my pimples, but it became a way for me to express myself. I love makeup because if I am having a crappy day I can put on bright eyeshadow and alter my mood. It is the way I express myself and my emotions. Makeup is also a way for me to be bright, I love bright colors and there is nothing better than wearing bright makeup. It also became a way for me to express myself through color on my face when my job restricted the clothes I could wear and the color of my hair. I love that makeup is a way for me to channel the inner me and to express how I want to feel on any given day. Not only does makeup allow me to express myself, but it allows me to feel beautiful, which is something every girl wants to feel.

Crystal

To me, Make-up is like the Art and Creativity of Beauty. You really can be anything you want and be whoever you want to be. So be something amazing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To tell you the truth, I've never really thought about what make-up was to me. When I was 12, it was some God-like substance that kids with "cooler" moms lets their children dabble in, something that was to be revered and wondered and whispered about. When I was 13-14, it was something to be sneered at, a false, often ugly mask that the popular girls sported. I hated it at that point, along with fashion and general girlishness.

Of course, I'm older now and very much into the fashion/cosmetics world. I've spent a good amount of time playing with my powders and brushes and liners, figuring out how everything felt on my face, and how it made me look. I've honed in on my own beauty, and grown comfortable with my appearance. But still, I had never really considered what make-up was. Now, however, I've come to realize it's not just one thing.

Make-up starts as a tool. Humans use it to adorn their bodies and fix things about themselves that they do not like. Its a way to fit into the mold that we, as a society, create. However, make-up has also transcended that role much in the same way clothing has. Its become something that people fall in love with. An art-form, as many have called it. Its a way to show yourself in a sometimes subtle, sometimes not, way. Its both self-expression and a means of hiding insecurities. Its liquid/powder courage. Its a way to remember styles and people long gone. And, on the uglier side, it is a way for big companies to make money by exploiting the negative feelings of both men and women. Its a means of animal cruelty. Its a way to distinguish which kind of people you do or don't want to know. Its a way of attracting a mate. Its something to shamefully spend a ton of money on when there are humans who don't even have clean water.

So, to try and answer the question of 'what is make-up to you?', there can be no one answer. Make-up, simple pigment transformed into powders, goops, and liquids, is more like an idea. There can be so many things wrapped up into it. Sure, it is a tool to be used, but it also moves, infuriates, and delights people.

Makeup has been a huge part of my life for just over 3 years. It has become a way for me to express myself in a more temporary fashion than dying my hair or tattooing myself, and has taught me more than I ever thought possible. From makeup I've gained a steady hand, a keen eye for color, and a greater understanding of what looks good on me and others. It has taught me anything is possible, whether you are turning your shy neighbor into a glamazon, or transforming that goofy friend into a werewolf. It has also become a fun way for me to connect with people all over the world through Youtube and Forum sites like this. Without makeup, I'd be just another mousy girl with uneven skin and invisible lashes who is stunningly dressed and has flawless hair ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Ha! Yeah right) Honestly, I wouldn't be who I am today without a few well placed strokes of blush, and a swipe of liquid eyeliner, because cosmetics taught me a lot about what and who I want to be. 

What does makeup mean to me?  It means that I get to take a little bit of time through the day and fall into my own little world even if it is just for an hour or so.  I have had a terrible year with complications from my heart problems.  Just when things start looking down and hard to deal with I grab my makeup kit and spend some "me" time, doing what I truly love.  Taking care of myself and using my creativity to make myself feel just a little bit better. 

Make up is an an art! Its a creative way of expressing how I'm feeling,...Sexy, sultry, mysterious, etc,  I consider myself a make up addict.  Make up is my passion. It inspires me to use my creative side and utilize my face as a canvas...without any limits!  My top must haves are Revlon colorstay fondation, MAC stud brow pencil, Mascara, bronzer and a nice peachy or pink lipgloss. I have never been able to try OCC lip tars but I always wanted to, I've heard nothing but great things about OCC and would love to add the lip tars to my extensive collection of cosmetics.   Thanks for the opportunity!

You know that sigh of relief when you look in the mirror after applying your favorite lip color?  That's what makeup is.  It's the mischievous time when you were five years old and snuck into your Mom's makeup case... resulting in lipstick eyeshadow.  It's the awesomeness of running into an ex with your face flawless and realizing that you were always too glamorous for him. It's your grandmother's red lipstick that was left smeared on your cheek from her big loving kisses.  It's covering that zit that you're sure can be seen from outer space on the morning of your big interview.  It's the " I can stay up all night finishing my term paper because my heavy duty concealer is always there for me and my dark circles."  It's the confidence to approach a new guy that is more gorgeous/interesting/artsy than the previously mentioned ex. It's all of these things and more because makeup is all these things... wonderful and beautiful. 

[SIZE=medium]To me Make-up is a way to block out all the stress in my life and to express my creativity. Make-up is a way to enhance my looks and gives me more confidence in my day to day life. For me make up isn’t a hobby it’s my passion I love doing other peoples make up and seeing their faces light up when they look in the mirror. One day I hope to become a make-up artist so can make even more people feel good about the way they look.[/SIZE]

M-- music to my skin

A-- alluringly adventurous

K-- kinky fun

E-- ethereally exotic

U-- uplifting my spirit

P-- positive vibrations--oh yeah ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What does make up mean to me?  Makeup is confidence, beauty, inner change, outer change, imagination, and fun.

I like makeup because its a temporary way to change your appearance. Tattoos are forever so its hard to pick something you'll always like, but with makeup you can take it off at any time and start fresh. Its also a way to show my creative side especially when i'm in work attire and I look the same as everyone else- funky makeup always gets the customers to notice me. I'm an aspiring makeup artist so I practice on friends and family. It means a lot to me to be able to make people feel good about their appearance. I'm a hair stylist but honestly I always enjoyed doing makeup more. Its something I picked up naturally without any training (besides watching the fun tutorials on youtube.) I love that there is so much of a variety of colors and textures to choose from. You'll never run out of possibilities when doing makeup because there is always going to be something new you haven't tried. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me, makeup means the chance to start anew each day. The face is a canvas and makeup allows me to be whomever I want to be. Pretty, fierce, glam, ethereal, natural...makeup allows me to do it all! 

Makeup never used to mean anything to me, I never wore it except at very special occasions. Then I don't know what happened. but I got re-introduced to makeup (after a 15 year hiatus from it) and I discovered a whole part of me that I had forgotten. I started to express my true self through my makeup. So when asked what makeup means to me, it means true self, creativity, self expression and self esteem in a way I never thought it would or could. This all happened at a time when I was working in a very stifling environment, when I desperately needed something, anything to express myself. For some time it really kept me going to get up and do my makeup, it became my life saver and, eventually, my defiance and strength. Yes, it became my warpaint. Makeup means, well, me.

I have a couple of Lip Tars and they are really nice. I'd love to win these so I could layer and create my own shades. I like OCC and MakeupTalk on FB as well.

I love makeup. Ever since I was a child and either raided my grandmas vanity (I loved red lippies even then) or begged my mom for Tinkerbell peel off nail polish (remember that?) or Lip Smackers I've always been fascinated with it. There is a world of possibility in the colors and every time I open a train case, a tube, or compact I smile because I know that whether I'm going to work or out to dance or to dinner with friends there are a worlds of possibilities. I rarely wear the same combo twice because there is just so much color and it is incredible me that it is at my fingertips to do with what I wish.

I have never been an outgoing person, but when I have makeup on I feel more at ease and comfortable in my own skin. It's a way for me to show the world that I put effort and thought in to who I am, if only for a few hours.

Doing my makeup calms me down and makes me happy, what more could I ask for?

I haven't always had the best self esteem. When I was in high school, makeup was a means of scaring people off (nothing scares off a nice boy like black lipstick lol). As I got older, I learned to tone it down a bit and I felt that even with my limited skills, makeup helped me feel better about myself. I could (somewhat) hide the flaws and accentuate the good parts. I've learned more about how to do things properly and when I'm wearing makeup, I feel like a million bucks. I'm not the most talented artist but I'm still learning and I enjoy the artistry and creativity. It helps me express myself and who I want to be. As a stay at home mom to three kiddos, it's important that I don't lose ME in the demands of everything going on in our house. 

For me, makeup gives me extra confidence. It's also another way to express your creativity and its something I like to play around with my daughter. It reminds me of my childhood when I used to sit and watch my mother apply her makeup. Its fun to experiment and channel different emotions you may feel with the use of color. Its definitely lots of fun.

I've found the makeup a way to really stand out and break out of the conformity that society puts us in. Whether its enhancing your beautiful brown eyes, or hiding that unsightly blemish; the possibilities with makeup are endless. Makeup has been an outlet for me. Maybe one day I feel like going very natural, and I get wonderful comments about how big and beautiful my eyes are, and maybe the next day I want to use dramatically bright colors, and it becomes an artistic conversation piece. 

Halloween has never been much fun (aside from candy of course!) until I broke out and experimented with my makeup. It brings a night that was once filled with too much candy and a store bought costume. To an amazing experience where you're being able to express yourself to the fullest, literally transforming yourself into "character" for the night. 

Makeup means taking back control in society. That scar I have under my eye from running into a coffee table when I was three (on Mother's day! [its okay, you can laugh too!]) is no longer what people look at when they look at my face. Makeup is a self-esteem miracle without risky, unhealthy surgeries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back