Could someone explain lip tars to me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty boy. It's a more pinky Strumpet and I love it!

Does anyone know if Sephora online will get the 12 pack of minis back?  I tried asking their customer service but they just directed me to the pro packs.  My daughters birthday is coming up and this is the item on her wishlist!

It seems to be out of stock already!!!  Anyone know where else I might find this other than sephora?

Does anyone know if Sephora online will get the 12 pack of minis back?  I tried asking their customer service but they just directed me to the pro packs.  My daughters birthday is coming up and this is the item on her wishlist! It seems to be out of stock already!!!  Anyone know where else I might find this other than sephora?
Yow! I can't believe it's gone already! It looks like they're not restocking it (if they're going to restock, they put a little envelope next to "not in stock" on the app, and it's not there for this one). And I think Sephora was the lone retailer, so it might be gone gone gone.

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know if Sephora online will get the 12 pack of minis back?  I tried asking their customer service but they just directed me to the pro packs.  My daughters birthday is coming up and this is the item on her wishlist!

It seems to be out of stock already!!!  Anyone know where else I might find this other than sephora?

Oh! That must be pretty recent. I've been eyeing it for the last few days and now I can't find it. I think they mostly sell on Sephora?

And someone else might have replied in the time it took me to post. Got caught up in a conversation on the side.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yow! I can't believe it's gone already! It looks like they're not restocking it (if they're going to restock, they put a little envelope next to "not in stock" on the app, and it's not there for this one). And I think Sephora was the lone retailer, so it might be gone gone gone.

Noooooo! How can I debate and vacillate on buying it if it's not in the shop to taunt me?!?! 
icon_cry.gif

As an aside, but not really as this whole thread is lip tars, I did pick up the 4-piece mini last week. I'm loving it so far! Mixing them is so much fun. While I like Black Dahlia best on its own, NSFW and Anime also work as classic and flirty, respectively. Memento alone just isn't me, but it's great for mixing. As are all the colors. My husband has commented on how he likes the color on my lips a lot more in the last few days, which is pretty impressive as he never said anything when I wore glosses. I try to blot them down so they don't transfer too much. Also, we both like that it's not sticky, though he still doesn't want to risk color transfer - I didn't give him a choice this morning, though! (He was safe - it was just memento + anime blotted down to being rather neutral)

I already got the mini's for my daughter (four pack)- and she LOVES them!  but they are a far amount of work to get just right on her lips.  She's on stage performing a far amount and she thinks that these will be awesome as they will last.

But I am going to have to look for something else.  The 12 pack of minis would have been perfect as a gift for her birthday...but I'm not willing to pay the ebay price for them (86.95 when it was 58 in sephora)!

I've written to OCC to see if they will sell anywhere else...fiingers crossed I get good news).

Mx

Okay, have had the lip tars for a few weeks and I am in love! 
wub.gif

I want ever so many more! And I take back everything about Memento - I use that one fairly regularly on its own when I really don't have time to be playing around with mixing. Black Dahlia is still my fave on its own, but doesn't go with all my outfits. 

Even my husband really likes them and has been complimenting the different colors I've been wearing lately. Although, he does now study my lips carefully before giving me an experimental peck ... on the cheek. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I regret not getting in on the 12-pack, but I'm not sure I would have really been into the metallics. Some irrational part of my brain says I need to pick up another 4-pack mini for when I run out. But my current set should last a while yet and then there are the other permanent, larger sets.

OCC said that they will be restocking Sephora but have no idea if the stock will be in shops or online (I can't get to a shop :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I've been checking the site regularly - no luck so far... Oh and btw - I also got a pro pack - but its not as nice as the mini 4 set...the mini set will get much more use we think...

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OCC said that they will be restocking Sephora but have no idea if the stock will be in shops or online (I can't get to a shop
frown.gif
)

I've been checking the site regularly - no luck so far...

Oh and btw - I also got a pro pack - but its not as nice as the mini 4 set...the mini set will get much more use we think...

I check everyday, too.... several times a day ... 
eusa_pray.gif
 I keep trying to convince myself that I really don't need the 12-pack because I prefer a matte look, but I apparently don't find myself very convincing. 

I don't know when I'll ever get to go near a shop, but the ones I'm bound to be around in the next couple of months are in either college towns or major cities, so I think it's unlikely any of these sets would be left. 
icon_sad.gif

Speaking of OCC. Anyone know WHAT is going on with their website? Many of the items are out of stock and have been for weeks now.

I just received my All-Star Minis 4-pk today. I haven't tried them yet, but I am very excited. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on one full-size, especially knowing that I would probably want to mix them. The variety in the 4-pk looks like it will be very versatile for mixing. I hope I don't get feathering; my lips recently realized that they were over 30. After I practice with these, I might be more willing to splurge on a full size or two. I love the Pretty Boy pic that was posted earlier.

If you have a clear lip liner that'll help with the feathering since most OCC Lip Tars do tend to feather.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you have a clear lip liner that'll help with the feathering since most OCC Lip Tars do tend to feather.
I do have one somewhere...I just have to find it amidst Makeup Mountain.

Does the clear primer work well? Does it prevent feathering or just help with longevity or texture?

And thanks for the list, @zadidoll.

@zadidoll, eek! I don't know what my computer just did; are you able to delete my duplicate posts?

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oops, duplicate post.

I think they made a "primer" and there's also "clear". I use "clear" each and every time under my lip tars and I think it works *very* well. Keeping my lips in tip top shape and well moisturized prior to applying (as in, way before hand and not applying balm right before applying the tar) DEFINITELY helped me step up my lip tar game. I've tried lip tars with Too faced Lip Primer whatever its called, and I remember not liking that combo, but I don't remember why.

The Lip Tar primer looks to be new and exclusive to Sephora because I don't see it on the OCC site.

http://www.sephora.com/lip-tar-primer-P382935

It looks like the difference between the Clear and Primer is that clear is obviously clear and the primer is a creamy off-white color. I don't have the Primer so no idea if this the only difference.

Back