Could someone explain lip tars to me?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my - that is not nice - a price hike sucks BUT they have free international shipping at the moment...so i'm tempted....

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok here's a better pic of Rhythm box over strumpet in natural light.

I was writing someone a note and listed off my lip tars. I have 11 full size plus clear 0.0 I didn't realize I have so many!
SO PRETTY!!!!!  

Ok here's a better pic of Rhythm box over strumpet in natural light.

I was writing someone a note and listed off my lip tars. I have 11 full size plus clear 0.0 I didn't realize I have so many!
That combo is beautiful on you.

This is clockwork + black dahlia

Ooh I LOVE THAT on you! So gorgeous!
Teehee thanks! I'm one of the few who hates black dahlia but this might be my new favorite lip color! I had good luck with just the worlds thinnest layer of clockwork plus a thin layer of black dahlia on top of that then just pressing my lips together til it mixed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ummmm....another gorgeous combo on @usofjessamerica - everything looks so good on you.

Anyone ever have a liptar combo that looks like the original viva glam (a dark slightly brownish red - or a warm burgundy) - haven't had a chance to play but was wondering if NSFW and Black dahlia would give that sort of a look...

One of the girls I'm helping get ready for a their senior winter ball is looking for that kind of lip color!

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> do you mind posting a swatch pic of the color you're talking about? I don't really follow Mac. What about Vintage? Or one of the reds plus Sybil?

ummmm....another gorgeous combo on @usofjessamerica  - everything looks so good on you. Anyone ever have a liptar combo that looks like the original viva glam (a dark slightly brownish red - or a warm burgundy) - haven't had a chance to play but was wondering if NSFW and Black dahlia would give that sort of a look... One of the girls I'm helping get ready for a their senior winter ball is looking for that kind of lip color!

ummmm....another gorgeous combo on @usofjessamerica  - everything looks so good on you. Anyone ever have a liptar combo that looks like the original viva glam (a dark slightly brownish red - or a warm burgundy) - haven't had a chance to play but was wondering if NSFW and Black dahlia would give that sort of a look... One of the girls I'm helping get ready for a their senior winter ball is looking for that kind of lip color!
I just bought Anita, and it's exactly what you described a reddish brown. Love! I think you could get that effect maybe with stalker and black Dahlia? Dunno.

Thanks ladies but went and played with my daughters stash - Vintage is almost perfect!  Its a tiny bit darker on her she thinks it will work perfectly:)

You guys always give the best advice!

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Thanks ladies but went and played with my daughters stash - Vintage is almost perfect!  Its a tiny bit darker on her she thinks it will work perfectly:)

You guys always give the best advice!
Good call, @usofjessamerica--Vintage is the winner!

Super NSFW is my hands down least favorite and I've been trying to get rid of it via swap or IG swaps FOREVER. It looks pretty it just doesn't settle on my lips right.
Omg I LOVE Super NSFW. It's my absolute favorite. It is a bit drying but looks fantastic on me. I didn't realize people were having issues with it settling

[@]JC327[/@] What I had meant to say earlier is that Strumpet is all over eBay for like $13 and less, most with free shipping of you really want a full sized one. I'm still trying to figure out how so many people for the same colour and are trying to unload it, because of that I've seen prices as low as $8.

Strumpet was in the Sephora Favorites Give Me More Lip, the SiJCP full face bag or whatever it was called, AND the mini showed up in the 12 pack. I got the Give Me More Lip AND JCP bag. I also think it was in another Sephora Favorites as well. So...yeah. Hope that answers the question!

[@]JC327[/@] What I had meant to say earlier is that Strumpet is all over eBay for like $13 and less, most with free shipping of you really want a full sized one. I'm still trying to figure out how so many people for the same colour and are trying to unload it, because of that I've seen prices as low as $8.

Sephora had it in several of the sets around the holidays, like Sephora Favorites and Give Me More Lip. If I had bought all of the sets that I had wanted, I probably would have ended up with five Strumpets, and I would be joining the hordes putting them up for very low prices just to get them out of my apartment.

i got 3 more liptars this weekend via swaps and instagram shopping!

-jealous (stained gloss)

-grandma

-Lydia <-- initial reaction was "ick! not for me!" but my boyfriend thought it looked really nice! i'll post a pic with it soonish along with any color combos that i might think is alright. this is DEFINITELY more purpley than Temptalia's swatch in my eyes but the bf didn't think it was purpley. could just be because i wasn't in a well lit room when i first looked at it. haha

This is clockwork + black dahlia
So pretty!

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@JC327

What I had meant to say earlier is that Strumpet is all over eBay for like $13 and less, most with free shipping of you really want a full sized one. I'm still trying to figure out how so many people for the same colour and are trying to unload it, because of that I've seen prices as low as $8.
Thanks for letting me know I got  Strumpet  from my SS and I love it. Now I just want to buy more.

Latest posts

Back