Cravebox- July 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't received mine yet but I looked at the spoiler photo and this is my least favorite of all the craveboxes. I doubt I will use the largest item or the plastic item. I liked the boxes a lot more before Kitty Kolding joined CraveBox.
I'm new-ish to Cravebox - how have they changed since she joined?

Thanks for posting!  I have been on the wait list for 1 month and 7 days not that I am counting or anything 
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just saw this on the Cravebox facebook page - it looks like they may be opening up slots in the coming weeks!

http://cravebox.tumblr.com/post/26558734585/the-cravebox-scoop-new-info-on-shipping

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for posting!  I have been on the wait list for 1 month and 7 days not that I am counting or anything 
eusa_whistle.gif
Ha! No worries - sending you lots of luck so you can nab one of the next open spots! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm totally looking forward to that one, too! I wish they'd announce it already!

I should hush already it's not like I don't have my Influenster voxbox, BB, GB and MG to keep me busy! 

Here's the wait and pursuit of beauty! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work!  I love how they automatically set your shipping information up to send delivery confirmation to you when it's delivered.  My thoughts (and values are approximate):

• True Lemon lemonade packets (box of 10 single-serving packets.  $2.50) -- I don't normally use this sort of thing, but I do like to keep those sorts of things on hand just in case I get a craving.  I'm also thinking they would be good for Arnold Palmers.
  • Mighty Leaf Tea Sunburst Green Iced Tea (large bag for one half-gallon pitcher.  $1.50) -- I received this one in Calypso Mango in my Good & Lovely box, and I liked it so much I was actively looking for this particular flavor over the weekend because it seems more my speed.  I wasn't able to find it, but now I have a sample to try, and now I will know whether I want an entire box of it.
  • coupon for BIC Multi-Purpose Lighter (the long ones for fireplaces or bbqs. $6) -- I'm thinking I'll give this to my aunt.  She uses these.  I don't. 
  • BIC Flame Disc (to be used in place of charcoal in a bbq/grill.  $5) -- Something else for my aunt, although I'm tempted to keep it on hand just in case a spontaneous bbq breaks out nearby.
  • Mozaik Appetizer Ware (adorable miniature dishes and forks.  Very bento box-esque.  24 of each.  $4) -- I love these.  I might not use them immediately, but this is exactly the sort of thing I would pick up at the store and try to figure out a reason to buy them in order to justify the purchase.  Their inclusion in Cravebox = no justification needed!
Approximate value:  $15.  I can definitely see the theme this month much more readily than last month.  Even if I won't use everything, it still gets a thumbs-up for me because of the theme.  At the very least, everything will get used, even if it's not by me.

I just got mine and I'm happy to get a box this month that was a complete surprise. It doesn't even bother me that there's no beauty or beauty-related products 
rolleyes.gif

Got my box today, was not happy with it at all! Why would I need an insert for a charcoal grill ? Are they assuming everyone has a charcoal grill to use? That was just not a good idea, a waste for me, totally disappointed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the other items were just "ok", not even worth $10

I loved most everything in the July box except for that charcoal disk thing. We have a gas grill, so it's something we'd never, ever use. I do love, love, love those little plates though. Should be a cute accent at my next game night party.

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my box today, was not happy with it at all! Why would I need an insert for a charcoal grill ? Are they assuming everyone has a charcoal grill to use? That was just not a good idea, a waste for me, totally disappointed
frown.gif
the other items were just "ok", not even worth $10
yeah, I was pretty ambivalent about it too. Definitely not craveworthy IMHO. This is my 6th Cravebox and the first one to disappoint me. So, overall pretty good odds. I think it was a mistake to send out a limited edition box to everyone. I imagine many people did not even sign up for the lottery for this box but they got it anyway.

this was a lackluster box, but i know my someone in my family will put it to good use! so...not a total bummer!

I really liked it!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   We have a gas grill too but the flame disk will still come in handy.  When we go to parks my kids always want to picnic and they have these grills there that you have to bring charcoal to use.  Or you could even use they at the beach or camping. 

I love those bic lighters.  They are really useful for candles.

My daughter wants an american girl birthday party next month and I think the plates are the perfect size for that! How cute were they!

We have already made a dent in the true lemon.  My husband loves it.

I'm going to make the tea this week sometime and see how i like it.

I was pleased with the BBQ box. We have a charcoal grill, but I was thinking the flame disk would be great to take on the go. We go to a lot of state parks, so this would be very handy for grilling there. I also used my Bic lighter coupon today at Wal-Mart and got a 2 pack of the lighters (they were 5.24 and the coupon allowed for $5.99).  Still deciding what to do with the mini plates and forks, lol. Love the True Lemon.

I have been a member of Cravebox since the beginning and so far have been very happy with it.

So, both of you liked the lemonade. No one in my family of five liked it - I thought it left a bad aftertaste. I was in Big Lots today and noticed they had the ten packs of the True Lemon and True Orange for a dollar. Thought I would mention it for those that liked the lemonade.

I didn't like the lemonade either. It tasted too fake to me.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, both of you liked the lemonade. No one in my family of five liked it - I thought it left a bad aftertaste. I was in Big Lots today and noticed they had the ten packs of the True Lemon and True Orange for a dollar. Thought I would mention it for those that liked the lemonade.

Back