Cravebox - Summer Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today as well.  I'll use everything in it so it's a good box for me. 

Very interested in the puristics eye cream, and I love how they listed the ingredients so that I can actually understand what the chemical sounding names do and/or originate from.

I was curious as to values so here is a breakdown.  Regular retail for puristics is $21.99, but you can get it from Amazon for $13.36 or CVS for $17.99.  The Tree Hut scrub is $7.49.  The Garden Botanika soap is $7.  A 3 pack of the razors is $5 at Warlmart, so one is worth about  $1.66.  I didn't count the food bar, but the other items are worth approx. $35. 

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahh, it was delivered via USPS. I thought it was Fedex based on the tracking number, but I saw it resting in my mailbox kiosk.

I wasn't wowed either.. but hey, the Tree Hut smells really good. I don't have a sub, so it's a nice addition. I'm not particularly excited to see food either. The razor's cool, I'm just not as into disposable razors (they seem flimpsier than the ones you buy replacement blades for). I kinda wish the soap came with a list of ingredients (smells good though). The protein bar was placed next to the soap in the packaging.. so hopefully it didn't take on a soapy taste. lol
I was looking for item values and came across the ingredient list for the soap:

Sodium palmate, sodium palm kernelate, water, glycerin, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, titanium dioxide, sodium chloride, avena sativa (oat) kernel meal, triticum vulgare (wheat) bran, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, mentha piperita (peppermint)leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, juniperus communis fruit oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, yellow 10, orange 4, iron oxides.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking for item values and came across the ingredient list for the soap:

Sodium palmate, sodium palm kernelate, water, glycerin, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, titanium dioxide, sodium chloride, avena sativa (oat) kernel meal, triticum vulgare (wheat) bran, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, mentha piperita (peppermint)leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, juniperus communis fruit oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, yellow 10, orange 4, iron oxides.
Thank you for taking the time to look them up for me. I'm a total beginner at this, but I'm really interested in all the compounds and chemicals we allow ourselves to put onto our skin (and hopefully start eliminating those that are harmful).

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for taking the time to look them up for me. I'm a total beginner at this, but I'm really interested in all the compounds and chemicals we allow ourselves to put onto our skin (and hopefully start eliminating those that are harmful).
You're welcome
smile.gif
.  I'm trying to avoid harmful chemicals as well, so ingredient lists interest me. 

I was looking for item values and came across the ingredient list for the soap: Sodium palmate, sodium palm kernelate, water, glycerin, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, titanium dioxide, sodium chloride, avena sativa (oat) kernel meal, triticum vulgare (wheat) bran, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, mentha piperita (peppermint)leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, juniperus communis fruit oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus oil, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, yellow 10, orange 4, iron oxides.
What is cymbopogon schoenanthus oil?

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is cymbopogon schoenanthus oil?
From Wikipedia:

Cymbopogon (lemongrass) is a genus of about 55 species of grasses, (of which the type species is Cymbopogon citratus) native to warm temperate and tropical regions of the Old World and Oceania. It is a tall perennial grass. Common names include lemon grass, lemongrass, barbed wire grass, silky heads, citronella grass,cha de Dartigalongue, fever grass, tanglad, hierba Luisa or gavati chaha amongst many others.

Lemongrass oil is used as a pesticide and a preservative. Research shows that lemongrass oil has anti-fungal properties"

Is anyone else having a hard time getting the pump to work on the Puristics eye cream?

Originally Posted by kisha90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else having a hard time getting the pump to work on the Puristics eye cream?
Nope...it takes more than a few pumps to get it started, but it worked fine for me...I put some on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol 

..and I didn't have an allergic reaction so I guess that's a good thing haha

Originally Posted by kisha90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is working.  It's a thicker cream, I like the consistency. 

I looked on their website FAQ page and they offered tricks to get it working and not it works!

I haven't received my box yet, but I was dying with anticipation so I gave in and came on here. And I have to say that I'm disappointed with this box. The dog box was my first box and it was really impressive. This one seems just okay. I'm shocked that they didn't include a single makeup item!

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't find the Tree Hut scrub to be particularly moisturizing
icon_sad.gif
It isn't supposed to be. It is a scrub. It exfoliates your body. I used it on my arms, shoulders and back. Felt good
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It isn't supposed to be. It is a scrub. It exfoliates your body. I used it on my arms, shoulders and back. Felt good
smilehappyyes.gif
I just tried mine on my legs, arms, body and it smells nice and is pleasantly scrubby! I followed it with my LUSH king of skin body butter bar, yum!

Thanks for posting pics, ladies! I didn't end up winning the "lotto" for this one so it's fun to see what you guys got "in-person" lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Appreciate it!

I was a little disappointed I did not receive the beauty box. Now that I see the repeats from previous boxes I don't mind. I wonder if subscribers who received the March box with the Puristics were precluded from this box?

Personally, I found the body scrub a little too abrasive. The one I was using previously has a finer grit and I like it better. I use the Tree Hut one for my heels. I do love the scent of the Coconut Lime.

I didn't get picked for the Beauty Box.  Usually I get the limited editions.  After I see the box I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Also I wrote them and told them I didn't want creams and was mostly interested in Cosmetics.

Back