Cravebox - Summer Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by fireflyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my shipping email today! Fedex must really not be paying attention to package weights at all, because mine says 20.00lb. I REALLY doubt it weighs that much lol.
I am glad someone elses it way up there bc mine was 17.3 i think seriously they are backwards

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Or a lifetime supply of razors?  
icon_eek.gif
17 lbs of razors. I wonder what that looks like...

...and 20lbs.... what the...

ok I figured it out...

There is someone at FedEx that lurks in our forums. Now they have decided to mess with the rabid box ladies. I can see it now...

"Hey George, these women are all waiting for their monthly boxes and they are comparing specific weights to try and figure out what they are getting. Want to have a little fun?"

"Sure, Bob. Let's see how good their detective skills really are!"

George reaches over and tapes 2 extra pounds of packing tape onto one and repackages another one in a much larger box with 15 lbs of shreds in the sides.

Sorry, somewhere along in my little story I realized I really need to sleep more. I 'm quite certain lack of sleep making me weird.
w00t.gif

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

17 lbs of razors. I wonder what that looks like...

...and 20lbs.... what the...

ok I figured it out...

There is someone at FedEx that lurks in our forums. Now they have decided to mess with the rabid box ladies. I can see it now...

"Hey George, these women are all waiting for their monthly boxes and they are comparing specific weights to try and figure out what they are getting. Want to have a little fun?"

"Sure, Bob. Let's see how good their detective skills really are!"

George reaches over and tapes 2 extra pounds of packing tape onto one and repackages another one in a much larger box with 15 lbs of shreds in the sides.

Sorry, somewhere along in my little story I realized I really need to sleep more. I 'm quite certain lack of sleep making me weird.
w00t.gif

LOL Good Story! Yeah i need to get some sleep too but i thought that what was the problem i was seeing th numbers backwards lol till i saw hers say 20 lbs  strange!

Just got my shipping email today! Fedex must really not be paying attention to package weights at all, because mine says 20.00lb. I REALLY doubt it weighs that much lol.
     Mine says 12.5 lbs....

Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am glad someone elses it way up there bc mine was 17.3 i think seriously they are backwards
I hope it's not backwards, because then mine only weighs 00.02 lbs! lol

I hope it's not backwards, because then mine only weighs 00.02 lbs! lol
yeah it was late last night when i posted LOL yeah your wouldnt make any sense backwards but mine would but cravebox said they have heard diffrent weights so it must be a messup at fedex!

Mine came today.....I did get what everyone else did....I can not say I was overly wowed but was worth the money for sure.....

I haven't quite figured out how to post pictures on here, but I put up pics of all of the items in my blog, if that helps.

My box is allegedly out for delivery (a day early it was expected Monday) but the mailman has been here.  Hmmm I have had them come back at the end of the day either because they forgot or someone else brings it by since I am on a walking route and I am sure lugging around those boxes is difficult for the mail man.

Got mine today, expected delivery was Tuesday. I don't love or hate the box...just glad there wasn't any sunscreen or lotion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll probably use the bar soap for hand washing, the scrub smells good, the razor went in my 'to be used' razor pile with my BB razors, the bar felt hot and squishy so I put it in the fridge, and I can always use more eye cream. 
Just based on this box, I wasn't wowed...so I won't be trying for any more crave boxes. It was my first one.

i unfortunately get to my apartment office in time to pick this up today!!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  so i guess it will just have to be monday.  i am surprised there are no cosmetics.  considering we pay the same amount for samples, it is a great box because everything is a big size or full size.  if i were a monthly subscriber to cravebox already, i would be disappointed tho.  they got the scrub last month and the eye cream back in march.  but its all new to me so ...

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I think it's an okay box.

I was needing a razor and sad that I didn't get one in my Birchbox this month, so I'm happy with that. The eye treatment sounds good and when it was sent out before, I was not a subber, so it's new to me. I hate food bars and I don't see what it has to do with summer or beauty, to be honest. The body bar sounds nice and refreshing, and I'm willing to try it.

I have to say that I am disappointed about the scrub, even though it's an amazing product...simply because it was just in a box (in a different scent) in June. I love it and will use it, but I'd rather try something new.

I haven;t been too excited about the last two Craveboxes (this one and the Summer BBQ)...I hope I'm happier with the next two or I may cancel. Neither are bad, but I would have loved a sauce or seasoning in the summer BBQ instead of drink mixes and tiny dishes, and Summer Beauty had a lot of untouched potential but instead got repeat products.

Originally Posted by Sarah Wood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i unfortunately get to my apartment office in time to pick this up today!!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  so i guess it will just have to be monday.  i am surprised there are no cosmetics.  considering we pay the same amount for samples, it is a great box because everything is a big size or full size.  if i were a monthly subscriber to cravebox already, i would be disappointed tho.  they got the scrub last month and the eye cream back in march.  but its all new to me so ...
Ahh, it was delivered via USPS. I thought it was Fedex based on the tracking number, but I saw it resting in my mailbox kiosk.

I wasn't wowed either.. but hey, the Tree Hut smells really good. I don't have a sub, so it's a nice addition. I'm not particularly excited to see food either. The razor's cool, I'm just not as into disposable razors (they seem flimpsier than the ones you buy replacement blades for). I kinda wish the soap came with a list of ingredients (smells good though). The protein bar was placed next to the soap in the packaging.. so hopefully it didn't take on a soapy taste. lol

The mail man came back!  Got my box.  Wished there would have been one makeup thing.  Putting the soap (I despise the smell of mint) and eye treatment on my trade list!

My box is just OK too. My thoughts on 2 products below

I ate that protein bar in Brownie Crunch because I was hungry it has a weird texture. And the Eye Repair treatment is weird to me because I'm in my early twenties...but I'll give it a try

Latest posts

Back