Cravebox - Summer Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I wasn't really thrilled about this box, and it was probably my first and last Cravebox. BUT!

I tried the Tree Hut scrub today and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not huge on bath and body products and my initial reaction was to try to trade it, until I got my box yesterday and realized it's so big and heavy that it's probably not even worth trying to trade. So I tried it in the shower today and I liked it a lot better than I expected. My only previous experience with sugar scrubs was the Shea Terra dark chocolate scrub from Beauty Army, and although the scent of that one is great, I wasn't a huge fan because I felt like if I got more than a splash of water on me, it would immediately wash away and not leave me anything to rub into my skin. I assumed that might be a quality of sugar scrubs in general and made a point to avoid them in the future, but the Tree Hut scrub turned out to be much better. Even if I got a fairly big splash of water, it stuck to my skin well enough for a thorough exfoliation.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It isn't supposed to be. It is a scrub. It exfoliates your body. I used it on my arms, shoulders and back. Felt good
smilehappyyes.gif
The ingredient list on Tree Hut's site indicates it's moisturizing as well as being an exfoliant.  I did not find it to be moisturizing and had to use a body cream afterwards.  It definitely works as an exfoliant, but I prefer multi-taskers.

• Certified Organic Shea Butter: skin repairing & moisturizing, anti-aging, promotes elasticity
  • Mango Puree: packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, prevent drying of the skin and formation of wrinkles, healing and protective
  • Safflower Seed Oil: deep moisturizer
  • Evening Primrose Oil: rejuvenating and anti-aging agent
  • Sweet Almond Oil: improves complexion and retains natural sheen
  • Avocado Oil: reduce sun damage/age spots, hydrates
  • Macadamia Seed Oil: excellent skin moisturizer and protector, High in essential fatty acids for dry skin and scarring, effective antioxidant
  • Orange Oil: supports collagen formation, detoxifying, repairs sun damaged skin

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally, I found the body scrub a little too abrasive. The one I was using previously has a finer grit and I like it better. I use the Tree Hut one for my heels. I do love the scent of the Coconut Lime.
That's a good idea, I'll keep it for pedicures. 

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I wasn't really thrilled about this box, and it was probably my first and last Cravebox. BUT!

I tried the Tree Hut scrub today and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not huge on bath and body products and my initial reaction was to try to trade it, until I got my box yesterday and realized it's so big and heavy that it's probably not even worth trying to trade. So I tried it in the shower today and I liked it a lot better than I expected. My only previous experience with sugar scrubs was the Shea Terra dark chocolate scrub from Beauty Army, and although the scent of that one is great, I wasn't a huge fan because I felt like if I got more than a splash of water on me, it would immediately wash away and not leave me anything to rub into my skin. I assumed that might be a quality of sugar scrubs in general and made a point to avoid them in the future, but the Tree Hut scrub turned out to be much better. Even if I got a fairly big splash of water, it stuck to my skin well enough for a thorough exfoliation.
I use the Shea Terra scrub on my hands and it is wonderful. I felt weird using it on my body for some reason... too rich or something. Try using it as a nice hand scrub at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The ingredient list on Tree Hut's site indicates it's moisturizing as well as being an exfoliant.  I did not find it to be moisturizing and had to use a body cream afterwards.  It definitely works as an exfoliant, but I prefer multi-taskers.

• Certified Organic Shea Butter: skin repairing & moisturizing, anti-aging, promotes elasticity
  • Mango Puree: packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, prevent drying of the skin and formation of wrinkles, healing and protective
  • Safflower Seed Oil: deep moisturizer
  • Evening Primrose Oil: rejuvenating and anti-aging agent
  • Sweet Almond Oil: improves complexion and retains natural sheen
  • Avocado Oil: reduce sun damage/age spots, hydrates
  • Macadamia Seed Oil: excellent skin moisturizer and protector, High in essential fatty acids for dry skin and scarring, effective antioxidant
  • Orange Oil: supports collagen formation, detoxifying, repairs sun damaged skin
You're right it does say that. It sure isn't moisturizing either way. It doesn't feel even remotely oily either so I am guessing although it may contain oils that it is certainly in very small amounts. No matter which exfoliant I use I always have to use a moisturizer after, not just theirs.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was a little disappointed I did not receive the beauty box. Now that I see the repeats from previous boxes I don't mind. I wonder if subscribers who received the March box with the Puristics were precluded from this box?

Personally, I found the body scrub a little too abrasive. The one I was using previously has a finer grit and I like it better. I use the Tree Hut one for my heels. I do love the scent of the Coconut Lime.
I did try it on my feet this morning and it felt great. Great idea page5!

I love the Arbonne Awaken Sea Salt Scrub as it doesn't disappear in a bit of water and moisturizes well for me also. I actually rinse the salt off and use the oil that is left to shave with sometimes. I only exfoliate once a week or so, so I use shave cream on the other days.

I just opened my box and ran to the bathroom to use the scrub.. it smells delicious!! I'm loving it.   The soap smells good too, but I havent used it yet. Anyone try the eye cream yet?  I don't have high hopes for it.

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just opened my box and ran to the bathroom to use the scrub.. it smells delicious!! I'm loving it.   The soap smells good too, but I havent used it yet. Anyone try the eye cream yet?  I don't have high hopes for it.
I'm liking the eye cream!  So far, it's my favorite from the box.

Finally got my box yesterday and I am so sold on the scrub! I've never used Tree Hut before, but I am in looooove! Of course the only place to get it in Philly is Walmart, BOOOOOOooo. 

I finally got my box today, and my thoughts are what I expected: happy to get the razor and eye cream, willing to try out the soap, already know I love the scrub (and like this scent more than the coconut lime) but wish it wasn't a repeat product, and BLAH about the protein bar. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my box today, and my thoughts are what I expected: happy to get the razor and eye cream, willing to try out the soap, already know I love the scrub (and like this scent more than the coconut lime) but wish it wasn't a repeat product, and BLAH about the protein bar. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
While I always feel gipped when they include a food item in my beauty boxes, I will say that I was pleased that the protein bar was roughly 4 times the size of the ones I've gotten in my Birchboxes. This one was actually filling.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While I always feel gipped when they include a food item in my beauty boxes, I will say that I was pleased that the protein bar was roughly 4 times the size of the ones I've gotten in my Birchboxes. This one was actually filling.

It's definitely a good size...I just don't see what it has to do with "Summer Beauty" and while I am generally okay with the nut-type or granola bars, I've yet to taste a protein bar that I like. It's that gritty, chalky texture....UGH. The Larabar UBER I got in my BB this month was tiny...but I did at least think it tasted good. And it was an extra, not one of the actual items.

I decided just a minute ago to take a bite of this one, because I figured it might surprise me...nope. Fake chocolate tasting chalk. YUCK. Yeah, these do make me "think thin" because I'd rather go hungry than eat another one, omg.

I am ready for these boxes to move away from the trend of sending us these stupid bars! You want to send a "healthy snack", why not some fruit leather or something? Or better yet, stick to actual beauty products?

I am otherwise satisfied (but not wowed) with this box, though.

So, I used the peppermint oatmeal body bar on my legs and feet before shaving today, shaved with the razor, and then used the scrub afterwards.

My legs are super smooth!

I like the body bar. It is definitely cooling and refreshing, and I'll continue to use it...the slightly scrubby texture from the oatmeal is nice, and it's not too drying for a bar soap. I had a few bug bites on my legs from playing outside, and it really soothed them, as well.

The razor is great, does what it's supposed to do, and I like that it came with the coupon. I think it shaves as well as the higher end ones where you replace the blade, so it's nice to have an affordable disposable option.

The scrub is awesome, as I already knew, but I loooove the mango, smells perfect.

I also tried the eye cream, and so far it's nice. It's a nice thick cream, very hydrating.

The protein bar is nasty, but love everything else after trying!

I love GB products. They also have a great mint shampoo and shower gel.

Wish I could be a regular subscriber but so grateful to get the LE boxes!

Finally got my box yesterday and I am so sold on the scrub! I've never used Tree Hut before, but I am in looooove! Of course the only place to get it in Philly is Walmart, BOOOOOOooo. 
They have tree hut at ultra if you have one. It was by the candles and such. If you don't have one, disregard.

You know, you MIGHT wanna check your local grocery stores for Tree Hut--I bought my Coconut Lime one at Fry's, which is the local name for Kroger. I think there ARE Kroger stores in Philadelphia (on the West Coast, they are Ralph's)

I tried the puristics eye cream today and it smelled...old (like not fresh). I've purchased the product before and it did not have the same smell. Did anyone else notice it or is it just me? Is there anyway to verify when the product was made and whether it is still safe to use?

Back