Dare To Be - Rocky Horror Picture Show! (September 16th - 29th)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, you guys make such good creepy folks - it scared everyone away.

Personally, not into the theme... can't wait to see more entries though!

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

first time posting an entry :X I've never even done an fotd, lol. I've done Rocky Horror for years though, so I had to enter!

*edit* the second pic is my entry!

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh gosh, this theme is scary lol.and i have never ever heard of this show before.

Really?NEVER heard of it?

Woowwww!! Damn it, Janet!

That's almost like saying you've never heard of Star Wars. Almost. Star Wars rank higher, but you know, the popularity of Rocky was huge to cult status.

Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwick, Meatloaf- too frikken funny.

They've had midnight showing in theaters for decades were people dress up like the characters and join in the dialogue during the movie and the older theaters that have stages in them, you can get up and act out the scenes along with the film, lol!

Back when I was a dancer, there was a girl who every Halloween would play the Time Warp for one of her sets and knew I was gonna jump on stage with her and do the dance!

"It's just a JUMP to the left! And then a step to the ri-i-i-ight!"

LOL!!

YouTube - The Time Warp!

And the Sweet Tranvestite!

Hell, Frikken YEAH! Dr. Frankenfurters (Tim Curry) entrance!

YouTube - Rocky Horror - Sweet Transvestite

thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Beautyfocus and Nibjet, you both look great and very rocky horrorish.

If I get time I will redo mine, mainly as an excuse to try some new things out I've been thinking about.

And kind of shocking that a lot here aren't too familar with Rocky Horror. Maybe it has something to do with how theaters are nowadays. Not many small ones are left and those are the ones that used to show it at midnight.

it's last minute but if anyone is close to atlantic city:

RockyCon 2008

and for ohio events:

Special Announcements

So looks like there is still a little life left in Rocky Horror, and sure there are a lot more events across the country. And wouldn't be surprised if the movie is remade with an all-star cast one day.

Originally Posted by amber_nation /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks for the positive feedback guys.
Beautyfocus and Nibjet, you both look great and very rocky horrorish.

If I get time I will redo mine, mainly as an excuse to try some new things out I've been thinking about.

And kind of shocking that a lot here aren't too familar with Rocky Horror. Maybe it has something to do with how theaters are nowadays. Not many small ones are left and those are the ones that used to show it at midnight.

it's last minute but if anyone is close to atlantic city:

RockyCon 2008

and for ohio events:

Special Announcements

So looks like there is still a little life left in Rocky Horror, and sure there are a lot more events across the country. And wouldn't be surprised if the movie is remade with an all-star cast one day.

There has actually been tlk of a remake, even using Richard O'Brien for some of the production and music but the fans around the world are NOT having it, lol!!There is a petition circulating to stop MTV's attempt to remake it.

The thing is, people can remake all the movies they want and put their twist on it and ruin THEIR versions all they want.

The original will always be the original and it will stay that way!

We know where the talent is- did you know it took 5 years to make it? They started it, ran out of money or something so prodution halted, actors went on to be bigger stars but they came back and finished the movies years later when the money was available again.

They knew it would be an awesome movie, I guess.

thank you for the nice comments!
smile.gif

I am so not for a remake. Especially since they're determined to do it even without Richard O'Brien's blessing! I hope it doesn't happen!

I'm saddened that not a lot of people were inspired to do this one.

What bums me out even more is that I don't think I'll get the chance to enter either
frown.gif

I sure will try though!

Got the chance to try some others, But of course I'm still not happy with them.

picked the first one for the challenge, since it shows the makeup better

mutrockynew3.jpg

mutrockynew2.jpg

Hey gals...

I am not sure if I cld pull it off but just wanted to take the challenge. I just copied one of the inspiration pics..and here it is.....I may want to enter the 3rd pic from the left. Any help from u gals.

Yay Amber and Emmy! Great entries
smile.gif

Amber, you have a cool nose LoL, good job on the make up!

Emmy, cool eyeshadow. I like your hair do

Latest posts

Back