December 2012 Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mks8372 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

uggh, you guys...I was hoping I could convince myself to cancel this sub for a while because I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with my sample stockpile and it wouldn't hurt to save $10 a month with my student loan payment starting in December but...now...I just can't cancel it!!!!!!  I would be too disappointed if it was an awesome bag!
Eek! Mine is starting next month too! I'm keeping $20 a month dedicated to BB and Ipsy though. I love the fun of subscriptions and sampling random products too much to stop. Lol.

I'm with you guys, I have so many samples its ridiculous! But I love the idea of getting a package in the mail lol

I'm on a no buy this month so that has really helped me in using up all my samples.

I keep on planning to cancel my ipsy account but I get the bag and its sooooo amazing that I can't help but to keep it. After December, I really feel like I need to cut back- I'm subbed to too many what to do- I have 2 bb, ipsy, glossybox and pop sugar- that $90 a month for pure excitement and happiness- it's not too bad. We're thinking about moving so I need to cut back for my dream home- decisions decisions.....

Yeah, instead of my plan to cancel Ipsy....I signed up for glossybox a couple of days ago. Help me!!  I try to convince myself that it is coming from my entertainment budget...every budget has to make room for entertainment, right :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Who needs groceries?? lol

I try to limit myself to one of each "kind" of subscription, and gave myself a total monthly budget of $30.  It really makes me choose the best values. So my current subscriptions are:

Ipsy (of course) this is the best beauty one.  Birchbox has kept me waiting on their list for several weeks now, but they have "invited" me to spend $58 on a special holiday box! I've seen so many disappointing reviews for them, that I'm not going to accept the subscription offer when they do get around to sending it.  I love that Ipsy sends large samples or full-size products. No tiny foil packets here!  Therefore, they get my business

Goodies Box is my food subscription.  It's in Beta testing right now, it's only $7/mo, and it's huge next to the Love with Food box.  It took a few weeks to get an invite, but I've yet to see a bad review, and you can't beat the price!

Citrus Lane (baby/toddler products) - Normally, I would never get this box, it's $25 a month!  However, I got the $35 Groupon for 3 months as a Christmas gift for my toddler.  No matter how much I love it, I will be cancelling after the three months.  Not only is it too expensive, my little one is on the upper end of their age range, so it wouldn't be useful for very long.  I'm not counting this as part of my monthly totals, as it was purchased as a gift.

Love Club Box (Indie/Crafty stuff) - $12/mo. I'm on the waiting list.  I'm really hoping to get in soon, as I LOVE every box I've been able to find a review on.  Keeping my fingers crossed for an invite!

So, once everything's figured out, I'm getting Ipsy ($10), Goodies ($7), and Love Club ($12), total $29/mo.  This keeps me within budget, gives me a wide variety of stuff to try every month, and I'm convinced I've found the best boxes in each category.  I'd love to hear what everyone else is getting!  Do you set a monthly budget to spend on boxes? Do you get all beauty or try to spread your subscriptions out over other categories?  Sorry, I'm sure this is a bit off topic, but it's always fun to hear about what everyone else gets!

I try to limit myself to one of each "kind" of subscription, and gave myself a total monthly budget of $30.  It really makes me choose the best values. So my current subscriptions are: Ipsy (of course) this is the best beauty one.  Birchbox has kept me waiting on their list for several weeks now, but they have "invited" me to spend $58 on a special holiday box! I've seen so many disappointing reviews for them, that I'm not going to accept the subscription offer when they do get around to sending it.  I love that Ipsy sends large samples or full-size products. No tiny foil packets here!  Therefore, they get my business Goodies Box is my food subscription.  It's in Beta testing right now, it's only $7/mo, and it's huge next to the Love with Food box.  It took a few weeks to get an invite, but I've yet to see a bad review, and you can't beat the price! Citrus Lane (baby/toddler products) - Normally, I would never get this box, it's $25 a month!  However, I got the $35 Groupon for 3 months as a Christmas gift for my toddler.  No matter how much I love it, I will be cancelling after the three months.  Not only is it too expensive, my little one is on the upper end of their age range, so it wouldn't be useful for very long.  I'm not counting this as part of my monthly totals, as it was purchased as a gift. Love Club Box (Indie/Crafty stuff) - $12/mo. I'm on the waiting list.  I'm really hoping to get in soon, as I LOVE every box I've been able to find a review on.  Keeping my fingers crossed for an invite! So, once everything's figured out, I'm getting Ipsy ($10), Goodies ($7), and Love Club ($12), total $29/mo.  This keeps me within budget, gives me a wide variety of stuff to try every month, and I'm convinced I've found the best boxes in each category.  I'd love to hear what everyone else is getting!  Do you set a monthly budget to spend on boxes? Do you get all beauty or try to spread your subscriptions out over other categories?  Sorry, I'm sure this is a bit off topic, but it's always fun to hear about what everyone else gets!
I'm a beauty junkie... I have serious issues...lol! I'm subbed to mostly all beauty boxes (2 bb, ipsy, glossybox and popsugar) Popsugar is my fav and of course the most expensive ($35) it usually has at least 1 beauty product and so many other fun items- scarves, bracelets, wine glasses, spices, etc. . I have so many products and I'm constantly- like everyday- trying new things- it's sooo much fun! After the holidays- I'm cutting my monthly budget down to $50 from $90. Sorry ladies for getting off topic- I'm so excited for December ipsy- fingers crossed we get a UD product- when do we usually see our first spoiler?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've heard some whisperings on what MIGHT be in the December bag - some from members here who saw the video Michelle posted and some from insiders at Ipsy - and while I don't know the EXACT contents of the December at this time what I've been told is that it will be a fantastic bag comparable to the bag sent out in December 2011. So personally I'm super excited for December's bag. I hope it's a deep red or hunter green or silver plush bag perfect colors for the winter. I'll be even more happy if it has a strap to turn it into a wristlet.
What was the December 2011 bag like? After reading your post I was thinking I may have to sign up!

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep on planning to cancel my ipsy account but I get the bag and its sooooo amazing that I can't help but to keep it. After December, I really feel like I need to cut back- I'm subbed to too many what to do- I have 2 bb, ipsy, glossybox and pop sugar- that $90 a month for pure excitement and happiness- it's not too bad. We're thinking about moving so I need to cut back for my dream home- decisions decisions.....
Curious as to why so many people get multiple BB's. Aren't the boxes pretty much duplicates? Or do you fill out different beauty profiles for each, just to shake it up?

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Curious as to why so many people get multiple BB's. Aren't the boxes pretty much duplicates? Or do you fill out different beauty profiles for each, just to shake it up?
It seems like people aim to get more of the variety of samples that BB offers each month. From what I've seen, duplicates aren't wanted but two different boxes are what people hope for (especially if that gives them a higher chance to get the coveted samples that month).

For me, it's harder to wrap my head around getting multiple Ipsy subscriptions than multiple BBs, but a lot of people like to do it for the different shades of makeup or to try to get both products in the either/or category.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

in 9 months having two subscription I have gotten maybe 4 duplicate samples out of about 55 or so. Basically I adjusted one profile to blonde, one to brown (since technically I have both at once) one I have oily skin and on acne. etc, each profile is 100% true, just slightly different. One of my boxes always ends up being the "coveted" box of that month, it goes back and forth as to which account gets the "better" box. I get a whole broad spectrum of samples, its awesome. 

I'm hoping that the December bag will be delivered to everyone before Christmas. I'm not going to look at any sneak peaks for December's bag (hopefully, I always cave in lol). I want to put it under the tree and open Christmas morning! I think that would be so fun =]

I also hope we don't get a bunch of nailtini nail polishes, I ended up with all of the Andrea's Choice ones and I am honestly not a fan.

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping that the December bag will be delivered to everyone before Christmas. I'm not going to look at any sneak peaks for December's bag (hopefully, I always cave in lol). I want to put it under the tree and open Christmas morning! I think that would be so fun =]

I also hope we don't get a bunch of nailtini nail polishes, I ended up with all of the Andrea's Choice ones and I am honestly not a fan.
I wouldn't be able to do that!

Although they did just give us sparkly nail polish and I already own one - I can see silver sparkle nail polish for Dec or Jan.

I love my Color Club one in Platinum Record.  The sparkles go from super tiny to larger six sided polygons.  I love using it for an accent nail and sometimes all of my nails when I am feeling festive.  

I won't wait till Christmas to open it...I know it. I want as many days of Christmas as i can GET! 

Care to share any of the whisperings?  I do not even care if they pan out, I am just psyched!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope it's a deep red or hunter green or silver plush bag perfect colors for the winter. I'll be even more happy if it has a strap to turn it into a wristlet.
Red, green and silver are my faves!!
smile.gif
I was watching that video of Michelle Phan about her day's work (I forgot the title) and they showed an inspiration board.

I spotted there one of Amber's (Fairest of the mall) suggestion of the chevron print bag pinned to their board. They really check on suggestions! Weeee!! 
icon_cheers.gif

Red, green and silver are my faves!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was watching that video of Michelle Phan about her day's work (I forgot the title) and they showed an inspiration board. I spotted there one of Amber's (Fairest of the mall) suggestion of the chevron print bag pinned to their board. They really check on suggestions! Weeee!!  :icon_cheers:
I couldn't help but giggle at fairest of the mall.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

in 9 months having two subscription I have gotten maybe 4 duplicate samples out of about 55 or so. Basically I adjusted one profile to blonde, one to brown (since technically I have both at once) one I have oily skin and on acne. etc, each profile is 100% true, just slightly different. One of my boxes always ends up being the "coveted" box of that month, it goes back and forth as to which account gets the "better" box. I get a whole broad spectrum of samples, its awesome. 
Thank you for the tip!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope it's a deep red or hunter green or silver plush bag perfect colors for the winter. I'll be even more happy if it has a strap to turn it into a wristlet.
Red, green and silver are my faves!!
smile.gif
I was watching that video of Michelle Phan about her day's work (I forgot the title) and they showed an inspiration board.

I spotted there one of Amber's (Fairest of the mall) suggestion of the chevron print bag pinned to their board. They really check on suggestions! Weeee!! 
icon_cheers.gif

Oh yes they do. They are really good about listening to people and trying to fulfill our request.

Back