December 2012 Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've kept my June resolution; I haven't bit my nails since June when I joined Julep Maven! I keep polish on my nails most days, when I get a broken nail on occasion I trim immediately so I don't get the urge to bite, and if I can do it, anyone can do it!

I am thinking about signing up for Ipsy...especially since it seems like the December bag is going to be special. (we hope).

Question, when I filled out my profile we had to pick which style consultant/advisor we liked the best. I have no clue who is who, so I just picked them all. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am thinking about signing up for Ipsy...especially since it seems like the December bag is going to be special. (we hope).

Question, when I filled out my profile we had to pick which style consultant/advisor we liked the best. I have no clue who is who, so I just picked them all. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!
Honestly, I'm not sure it really matters because they send pretty much the same thing to everyone with some variations in color.  The November box had black or brown eyeliner (my guess is that was based on your coloring), and some people received mascara while others received brow gel (no clue how that was determined), but I don't think the style consultant/advisor is relevant to anything at the moment.  The lip gloss, nail polish, and eye shadow were exactly the same for everyone.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out the variations in bags were completely random.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Honestly, I'm not sure it really matters because they send pretty much the same thing to everyone with some variations in color.  The November box had black or brown eyeliner (my guess is that was based on your coloring), and some people received mascara while others received brow gel (no clue how that was determined), but I don't think the style consultant/advisor is relevant to anything at the moment.  The lip gloss, nail polish, and eye shadow were exactly the same for everyone.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out the variations in bags were completely random.
Thank you for your insight. Appreciate it!

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

in 9 months having two subscription I have gotten maybe 4 duplicate samples out of about 55 or so. Basically I adjusted one profile to blonde, one to brown (since technically I have both at once) one I have oily skin and on acne. etc, each profile is 100% true, just slightly different. One of my boxes always ends up being the "coveted" box of that month, it goes back and forth as to which account gets the "better" box. I get a whole broad spectrum of samples, its awesome. 
That sounds like a great system! Thank you for your help.

What about blue for the season? I love seeing blue christmas lights on houses, they're my absolute FAVORITE. If I were Ipsy, I'd try to steer away from using red and green together - mainly because while I wouldn't mind, I do celebrate Christmas, those colors are closely associated with that holiday and with such a diverse group of consumers, I know that some people would have an issue with red & green if they do not celebrate Christmas. And nobody in particular is necessarily asking for red and green to be the color scheme for the bag. I'm really reading into it, I know.

What if we had a sparkly silver or red or blue bag
eek.gif

Props to morre22 for wanting to wait until Christmas..... NOT ME! =P

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What about blue for the season? I love seeing blue christmas lights on houses, they're my absolute FAVORITE. If I were Ipsy, I'd try to steer away from using red and green together - mainly because while I wouldn't mind, I do celebrate Christmas, those colors are closely associated with that holiday and with such a diverse group of consumers, I know that some people would have an issue with red & green if they do not celebrate Christmas. And nobody in particular is necessarily asking for red and green to be the color scheme for the bag. I'm really reading into it, I know.

What if we had a sparkly silver or red or blue bag
eek.gif

Props to morre22 for wanting to wait until Christmas..... NOT ME! =P
YESYESYES on the stay-away-from-red-and-green-together thing.  Christmas makes me tense because, well, not a Christian, but something just generally wintery is awesome.  I would vote for blue, silver, or forest green.  In my area, pretty much all of the plants lose color -- except the *huge* number of evergreen trees and shrubbery.  During the rest of the year, there are tons of flowers in all colors, but in the winter, it's all green all the time.  And blue and silver?  The northern hemisphere has a *lot* of night during the winter (blue), and in places that get snow, everything is shiny white (silver since just plain old white is *boring*, not to mention a dirt/stain magnet).  A nice pale champagne gold (something along the line of a cool-toned highlighter) would be nice, too, for a get-ready-for-New-Year's theme.  I can actually see them going more for a New Year's theme than a Christmas theme specifically because of the religious slant of the latter.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YESYESYES on the stay-away-from-red-and-green-together thing.  Christmas makes me tense because, well, not a Christian, but something just generally wintery is awesome.  I would vote for blue, silver, or forest green.  In my area, pretty much all of the plants lose color -- except the *huge* number of evergreen trees and shrubbery.  During the rest of the year, there are tons of flowers in all colors, but in the winter, it's all green all the time.  And blue and silver?  The northern hemisphere has a *lot* of night during the winter (blue), and in places that get snow, everything is shiny white (silver since just plain old white is *boring*, not to mention a dirt/stain magnet).  A nice pale champagne gold (something along the line of a cool-toned highlighter) would be nice, too, for a get-ready-for-New-Year's theme.  I can actually see them going more for a New Year's theme than a Christmas theme specifically because of the religious slant of the latter.  
ahhaa my dad is a staunch catholic, and my mom totally non religious, but she is sooo much more into Christmas, obviously the secular bits, but she is 1000x more festive than my dad.

I would love to see like a quilted red, silver, or blue. Quilted silver and red stuff just always makes me think of winter and warm coats. (Hi btw! New around these parts)

I like the idea of hunter green and silver (Kinda like snow on the evergreen trees - the one of the few trees that stay green.)

I would LOVE to get something kinda minty (like a lip gloss/chap stick)

Maybe something fun for the hair (hair band or a jeweled barrette)

I am sure they already have everything set up and made up for awhile now though. 

I'm curious how far they have the bag ideas set up until (like they have now to march figured out).

i'm just a girl who loves my sparkle...as long as the bag has that, I don't really think there's a way for me to be unhappy! Lol

i'm just a girl who loves my sparkle...as long as the bag has that, I don't really think there's a way for me to be unhappy! Lol
I'm with you!

I like this! Sparkles make me happy 
sunshine.gif

Guys lets get back to talking about what you've heard that's supposed to be in the next bag im excited

I vote for a black lace bag. its wintery and festive without being selective of the holiday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> all inclusive!

I agree! I have a black laced purse and it does go with everything! Great suggestion!
wink3.gif

I vote for a black lace bag. its wintery and festive without being selective of the holiday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> all inclusive!

Oooh, lovely suggestion! Lace is always fabulous.

Back