December 2012 Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have they ever put in any MAC products?  If not - do you think they ever will?
MAC doesn't work with sub services ever. So if you ever see a MAC product in a sub service it is guaranteed that the product was purchased through a 3rd part vendor and was not authorized by MAC to be distributed or it's a fake MAC product.

I like that the items come in a little bag because I find them more easily reusable than Birchboxes (this Christmas, people are only getting items that fit in a Birchbox so I can get rid of them!) I'd like a bag that could be used by itself though; the chevron print and the brown bag this month were nice, but the shiny plastic on the bag doesn't lend the bags to be used as a anything else besides little bags that go into my purse, IMO. I'd love to see a bag without the shiny plastic - fake leather trimming would be nice.

I know that the bags aren't necessarily an item, but if they're going to keep on coming every month, it would be nice if they had designs and materials that made them look more like daytime/nighttime clutches.

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MAC doesn't work with sub services ever. So if you ever see a MAC product in a sub service it is guaranteed that the product was purchased through a 3rd part vendor and was not authorized by MAC to be distributed or it's a fake MAC product.
Thanks!  Kinda snobby of them huh?

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like that the items come in a little bag because I find them more easily reusable than Birchboxes (this Christmas, people are only getting items that fit in a Birchbox so I can get rid of them!) I'd like a bag that could be used by itself though; the chevron print and the brown bag this month were nice, but the shiny plastic on the bag doesn't lend the bags to be used as a anything else besides little bags that go into my purse, IMO. I'd love to see a bag without the shiny plastic - fake leather trimming would be nice.

I know that the bags aren't necessarily an item, but if they're going to keep on coming every month, it would be nice if they had designs and materials that made them look more like daytime/nighttime clutches.
 Although you could use an IPSY bag to put smaller gifts in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Quote: Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not really. They don't allow ANYONE to resell their products which actually allows people to know if an item is counterfeit or not. The ONLY company authorized in the US to resell M•A•C is Macy's.

I'd think working with a subscription service would help the company get their product out there to get new customers. They do already have a big fan base though. As subscription services get more popular though, they might change their minds.

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping that the December bag will be delivered to everyone before Christmas. I'm not going to look at any sneak peaks for December's bag (hopefully, I always cave in lol). I want to put it under the tree and open Christmas morning! I think that would be so fun =]

I also hope we don't get a bunch of nailtini nail polishes, I ended up with all of the Andrea's Choice ones and I am honestly not a fan.
Waiting until Christmas to open the December bag? I'm lucky if I can wait until I get back inside the house from the walk to the mailbox before opening mine!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not really. They don't allow ANYONE to resell their products which actually allows people to know if an item is counterfeit or not. The ONLY company authorized in the US to resell M•A•C is Macy's.
oh..ok

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd think working with a subscription service would help the company get their product out there to get new customers. They do already have a big fan base though. As subscription services get more popular though, they might change their minds.
That was my thinking too...

I know price sometimes throws people off and I figured with a sub service - people might actually go "Hey this is awesome! It's definitely worth it."

I guess I'm just kinda cheap.  
blush.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can get MAC at Belk (a southern department store), and Nordstrom. There's no Macy's by me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I learned something new today. M•A•C is authorized to be sold at the following stores according to MAC Cosmetics website, I only knew of Macy's.

• Bloomingdales
  • Nordstrom
  • Macy's
  • Dillards
  • Saks 5th Avenue
  • Belk

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Goodies Box is my food subscription.  It's in Beta testing right now, it's only $7/mo, and it's huge next to the Love with Food box.  It took a few weeks to get an invite, but I've yet to see a bad review, and you can't beat the price!
This sounds awesome....and perfect for my mom!  I just signed up for an invitation.  Crossing my fingers that I can get on before Christmas!

Does anyone know how to gift an Ipsy subscription?  I decided that my sister would like Ipsy a lot better than BB and want to gift her a sub this year, but can't figure out how.

Originally Posted by CherBear711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how to gift an Ipsy subscription?  I decided that my sister would like Ipsy a lot better than BB and want to gift her a sub this year, but can't figure out how.
I don't think they offer gift subscriptions yet. You can order a normal monthly or yearly subscription for her instead and just cancel when you want it to stop.

In the "follow me to work" video, the Ipsy team was discussing making gift subscriptions available... I think they were planning to launch it on Black Friday.  However, I haven't seen anything else on it, and there's nothing about it on the website, so at this point I'm not holding my breath, although I'd love to give bags to my sisters for Christmas! I hope they can make it happen!

I know price sometimes throws people off and I figured with a sub service - people might actually go "Hey this is awesome! It's definitely worth it."

blush.gif

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, they make shit tons of money, they don't need to sell discounted product to "get customers", they discount their products 40% to professionals already. There are literally tens of thousands of fake mac products being sold all over the world. Because of this they combat it by only authorizing a very small number of big name department stores to sell their products legitimately. 

blush.gif
dont worry im cheap too! I wish i could try out mac without shelling out so much money.

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

dont worry im cheap too! I wish i could try out mac without shelling out so much money.
Before I got more into makeup, I thought MAC products were really expensive. They are still on the pricier side but I've gotten to the point where I don't just go into a Sephora, Target, CVS, department store, etc. and just buy whatever my eyes happen to land on (although, very rarely, that still happens and it usually goes one of two ways - either the item is a big regret or an awesome surprise.) When I buy something now it's researched for a while - I look at reviews and swatches online and I try to test the products for myself before purchasing. This is part of the reason why I sub to BB/Ipsy - it's part of my research; I get exposed to new products and brands and if I hate the product I don't feel that bad tossing it. Back to MAC, the first products I tried were their lipsticks and I'd never paid more than $5 for a lip product before and wondered if it was worth $15 for one lip product. When I looked at my makeup stash though I'd realized the amount of makeup that I bought on a whim and didn't use was awful - I could have bought 10+ MAC lipsticks! So now, instead of me taking advantage of every BOGO sale at CVS, I'll research and save up for something I would really use. A lot of times those products are still drugstore brands and products, but I don't feel so bad now spending more money on products that I know will work for me.

Back