December 2012 Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Grrr.... not happy person now.  My December Ipsy bag was missing of all things my UD liner.  I emailed them and they sent me a new one which

I received today in the usual pink bubble mailer..... totally smashed and unusable...my hands are still stained black from pulling it out of the mailer.

I sent them an email with a photo attached and they "can't" send me another due to their policy of only replacing one item per bag per month.  Very frustrating

as this was an item I really wanted to try and I've never had any problems with missing or damaged items before (not like it's habitual)...and I even sent photo proof. 
icon_sad.gif
Contact Urban Decay about it and see if maybe they can replace it.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the gloss and even though it didn't dry out my lips and looked alright on my lips per se, it added a yellowish tint to my teeth, so I don't think it would enhance cool complexions for the most part. Not enough blue in that tint.

I like the eyeshadow-I received the Mocha Pearl, and I'm pretty sure that shades like these work well with blue eyes. I'll be giving the eyeliner to someone because I don't do black and have too many of that color anyway, but UD is a fantastic brand.

I'm wary of the highlighter due to shade, and the primer because of the 'cones, so the bag is good but not totally usable. And I just realized that even though I've really liked a few of the things I've received in previous bags, I've never used any of them! So maybe the theory about Ipsy using the "extra" incentive to get people to use their products in demos is on the money.

I was able to order the free Sultra Iron today as a gift for giving a gift subscription. Now that's an extra to get excited about since even at a discount it almost pays for the gift! Ipsy customer service has also been impressing me lately.
How do you know you're able to get the flat iron? I ordered a gift sub and no info about that yet....

Yes that's what I meant to say, I forgot that would make it look like half a year though lol

I am very unhappy with Ipsy right now. I have never had an issue with them before. Well, I moved on December 1st and I changed my address with Ipsy right after that. And my husband gets a bag in his name, which we never changed the address for. We thought it would get forwarded this month and he would change the info when he had a chance. Well, we were wrong. After we investigated we found out that both bags got sent back to Ipsy. Easy fix right? Send out new bags to us. Well, I sent them two separate emails with the tracking information so they would know what I was talking about. They got to me on one of them after I complained on their Facebook wall, and this is what I got:

Hi Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear you did not receive your December Glam Bag. In looking at the history on your account, I do show that you updated your address, but it was after the 1st. We send all orders to our warehouse to begin processing on the 1st of each month, so we ask for everyone to make sure their address is correct on by that date. I'm happy to make an exception and send you a replacement for this month since you have been such a great customer. Please confirm your address for me and we'll get it out to you as soon as our warehouse is back from the holiday break.

Best,
Jennifer

First of all, I couldn't change my address on or before the first because I hadn't moved yet and I couldn't change my billing info either.Secondly, she acts like she's doing me a favor. I paid for the bloody thing! And it was sent back to them so they're not out anything. I'm still waiting for a response on the second bag.

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am very unhappy with Ipsy right now. I have never had an issue with them before. Well, I moved on December 1st and I changed my address with Ipsy right after that. And my husband gets a bag in his name, which we never changed the address for. We thought it would get forwarded this month and he would change the info when he had a chance. Well, we were wrong. After we investigated we found out that both bags got sent back to Ipsy. Easy fix right? Send out new bags to us. Well, I sent them two separate emails with the tracking information so they would know what I was talking about. They got to me on one of them after I complained on their Facebook wall, and this is what I got:

Hi Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear you did not receive your December Glam Bag. In looking at the history on your account, I do show that you updated your address, but it was after the 1st. We send all orders to our warehouse to begin processing on the 1st of each month, so we ask for everyone to make sure their address is correct on by that date. I'm happy to make an exception and send you a replacement for this month since you have been such a great customer. Please confirm your address for me and we'll get it out to you as soon as our warehouse is back from the holiday break.

Best,

Jennifer

First of all, I couldn't change my address on or before the first because I hadn't moved yet and I couldn't change my billing info either.Secondly, she acts like she's doing me a favor. I paid for the bloody thing! And it was sent back to them so they're not out anything. I'm still waiting for a response on the second bag.
In their defense, if you knew that you'd be out of your place by the time Ipsy delivered, I would've updated my address anyways or chose to have all mail forwarded instead of sent back. I totally get your frustration, but there's no way they could've done anything since it all gets processed so early, right? At least they're sending you the bag anyways. They could've said no, sorry - here's a refund. It just looks to me that the fault isn't all their own. Cheers to good customer service. I'm sure you'll love the bag! Annnnnd, think of it this way - you'll get Dec & Jan right around the same time. BAM! Double the fun. 

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In their defense, if you knew that you'd be out of your place by the time Ipsy delivered, I would've updated my address anyways or chose to have all mail forwarded instead of sent back. I totally get your frustration, but there's no way they could've done anything since it all gets processed so early, right? At least they're sending you the bag anyways. They could've said no, sorry - here's a refund. It just looks to me that the fault isn't all their own. Cheers to good customer service. I'm sure you'll love the bag! Annnnnd, think of it this way - you'll get Dec & Jan right around the same time. BAM! Double the fun. 
Couldn't agree more. It falls upon the person to change their address/personal info ahead of time. Forwarding is a great idea too and usually only requires a simple form and a weeks notice. I know it's all a terrible pain in the pants though on top of all of the other moving hassles. It was really nice of Ipsy to send a new one anyway. +1 for them
claps.gif

Has anyone recently tried to be/get in touch with Ipsy?  I sent them an email on 12/18.  I recieved a response on 12/19.  Was asked to wait another week before contacting them.  Contacted them on 12/27.  Still no response.  I gave them that with the holidays they may be busy and emailed them again on 1/2/13 and still no response.  I never recieved my December bag and would like to know if they are going to send me a new one or refund me my money.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone recently tried to be/get in touch with Ipsy?  I sent them an email on 12/18.  I recieved a response on 12/19.  Was asked to wait another week before contacting them.  Contacted them on 12/27.  Still no response.  I gave them that with the holidays they may be busy and emailed them again on 1/2/13 and still no response.  I never recieved my December bag and would like to know if they are going to send me a new one or refund me my money.
I sent them a message  in December about not getting my November bag. They sent a message saying that they would send a new one and when they sent tracking it was to a bag that was delivered in Nevada im in Germany. I wrote to them and finally got my November bag December 24. I also let them know I had not received my December bag. They said to wait two weeks and contact them if I still didnt have it. I contacted them after Christmas heard from them on the 27th saying that I should have my bag and to confirm my address so they can issue a replacement. I sent them the info and still have not heard back from them.

Thanks for the info.  I guess I will try and keep waiting patiently but it is hard when you paid money for something you have not received!  Hope they get back to you soon!

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent them a message  in December about not getting my November bag. They sent a message saying that they would send a new one and when they sent tracking it was to a bag that was delivered in Nevada im in Germany. I wrote to them and finally got my November bag December 24. I also let them know I had not received my December bag. They said to wait two weeks and contact them if I still didnt have it. I contacted them after Christmas heard from them on the 27th saying that I should have my bag and to confirm my address so they can issue a replacement. I sent them the info and still have not heard back from them.

Thanks for the info.  I guess I will try and keep waiting patiently but it is hard when you paid money for something you have not received!  Hope they get back to you soon!
Hopefully they will get back to you soon. I understand how you feel, I paid for a yearly sub and have had a problem with every bag since I started. I will keep you posted when I hear from them. Good luck!

I decided instead of responding to the email from them that had been sent to me, to go back to the Ipsy website and fill out a new form.  I cut and pasted all my emails into one form and asked that I be contacted.  Hopefully that works!  What a bummer with a yearly sub and monthly issues!  I have been fortunate in never having to contact them in my 10 months as subsriber but I had heard from people here on the forum they have "good" customer service.  Apparently they take after BB then in deciding who is lucky enough to receive it because I have not been lucky enough!

I hope you get it worked out!  

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hopefully they will get back to you soon. I understand how you feel, I paid for a yearly sub and have had a problem with every bag since I started. I will keep you posted when I hear from them. Good luck!

After 10 days I heard back from them today. It was the  standard resonse:

Thank you for confirming your shipping address. We will send a replacement out to you right away. We batch all of our accommodation orders before sending them to our warehouse, so it could take 1 to 2 weeks to receive your replacement item. Your tracking number will be emailed to you once your package ships. We appreciate your understanding, and thank you for your continued support of ipsy!
 :::::please rate my response: http://www.nicereply.com/ipsy/10454690/59174:::::
 xoxo,
Elizabeth

I hope I get my December bag sometime soon and hopefully my January bag will be on time. So far customer service at birchbox has been much better.

I decided instead of responding to the email from them that had been sent to me, to go back to the Ipsy website and fill out a new form.  I cut and pasted all my emails into one form and asked that I be contacted.  Hopefully that works!  What a bummer with a yearly sub and monthly issues!  I have been fortunate in never having to contact them in my 10 months as subsriber but I had heard from people here on the forum they have "good" customer service.  Apparently they take after BB then in deciding who is lucky enough to receive it because I have not been lucky enough!

I hope you get it worked out!  

Finally got my December bag (after having it stolen from my mailbox and a month of back and forth with customer service).  I got the NYX in pale pink (woot).  Zero and highlight papers will go up for trade.  

Is it just me or was the bag way smaller than pictures? I expected the dome (?) of it to be taller, bigger or something.  It is still a cute sturdy bag just not what I was expecting!  

Yeah, I've been a member since November, so of the three bags I have - Nov, Dec, and Jan, December's was the shortest one. Cute, but short.

Back