December 2012 Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe instead of doing the same black eyeliner, red lip, etc etc every month... they should do themes. Like a natural face with nude colors and such. Another could be a "night" look with the bolder eyes and lips etc. Then maybe one based on your eye color. That is one way to switch up what currently feels like the same thing over and over to some people.

SO.. remember back in OCTOBER? There was the code on the mirenesse lip bomb and the first 500 ppl would get a mascara or something with like a $90 value? Has anyone gotten an email? On their facebook page they said the winners would be notified by email on Dec 15th, and I thought for sure I was one of the first people to get their bag that month and I entered like before 1pm central for sure. No Email. There was one other person who is asking about this on their FB page and I was just curious if anyone here won. 
I was just thinking about this and was wondering if anyone ended up getting anything I'm so sick of daily emails from them need to delete them ASAP haha!

Originally Posted by Jamie Pangborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe instead of doing the same black eyeliner, red lip, etc etc every month... they should do themes. Like a natural face with nude colors and such. Another could be a "night" look with the bolder eyes and lips etc. Then maybe one based on your eye color. That is one way to switch up what currently feels like the same thing over and over to some people.
I really, *really* hope that they are done with the black liner for a while.  I finally used my UD Zero liner to the point where I sharpened it earlier this week -- but it was the one I got in my Alice In Wonderland palette when that was originally released however long ago it came out (I hadn't so much as uncapped it until a couple of months ago).  The one we got this month went immediately in my swap stash.  I am *not* a black liner person *at all*.  Blackened, yes, but that's not the same as *black*.  I've got brown hair, brown eyes, brown brows, and pale skin.  I need a bit of color in the mix.

Basically, I signed up for this bag because I'm looking for *variety* (and I get overwhelmed by choice when I'm looking at displays, which translates in either not getting anything or getting one of everything, so having someone else pick a small well-edited collection out for me is a *very* appealing concept), not an endless string of slight variations of the same thing.  I think I'll give them until April to see how things shake out since I'm *really* hoping for an all-emerald bag for March for a few different reasons:  St. Patrick's Day, March is when all the greenery tends to start bursting forth because HELLO SPRING, and Emerald is the Pantone Color of the Year for 2013, so it seems logical to hope for lots of emerald in March in particular.

Originally Posted by Jamie Pangborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so behind this. I love Ipsy, but I am getting a little bored with the "black eyeliner, pink/red toned lip gloss" formula (even though I like those things...VARIETY.)

I'd love a bag with a bright eyeshadow or two and a nude lip product.

A bag of all neutrals?

Maybe a flawless complexion bag (a cleanser, a moisturizer, a serum/treatment, a BB cream/foundation, and a blush or highlighter?)

I'm pretty easy to please, I just want something different!

This was my first bag, but I can see it getting old fast if it is always a gloss and black liner lol

I still haven't gotten the bag yet... (It's in limbo with the PO somewhere) but I totally agree about getting soooo tired of red lipgloss and black liner. I've been subbed since the beginning and I liked that there used to more variety and not a bunch of repeats of brands. And I'm so tired of getting products with warning labels like "This may cause blindness. Don't use with contacts." REALLY? A HUGE majority of people wear contacts..... So I have to wear my glasses to try your product?? WTH... I'll give them one more month, but I'd rather put this $10 towards my Birchbox.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SO.. remember back in OCTOBER? There was the code on the mirenesse lip bomb and the first 500 ppl would get a mascara or something with like a $90 value? Has anyone gotten an email? On their facebook page they said the winners would be notified by email on Dec 15th, and I thought for sure I was one of the first people to get their bag that month and I entered like before 1pm central for sure. No Email. There was one other person who is asking about this on their FB page and I was just curious if anyone here won. 
By the time I got around to checking it out, the wording was something about randomly selecting 500 of the sign ups to receive it (or something along those lines) instead of the first 500 which made more sense and seemed more fair.  Although I never heard anything of anyone getting anything which somehow doesn't surprise me.  I don't know what happened or who won.  It seems like someone from here would have gotten it.  Anyway, I wanted to point out that it wasn't for the first people so much as it was supposed to be random.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww. But I think natural breast are so much better. I know guys prefer the bigger the better but it's about the softness that makes boobs heavenly and fun to touch (forgive me if I sound like a perverted dude but MAN I LOVE BOOBS, who doesn't.)
I'm a 32 B and I always tell my fiance I want bigger boobs and kid about getting a boob job and he's like "no, don't do anything!  Your boobs are perfect."  It's sweet cause I know he believes that even though I hate my boobs,

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a 32 B and I always tell my fiance I want bigger boobs and kid about getting a boob job and he's like "no, don't do anything!  Your boobs are perfect."  It's sweet cause I know he believes that even though I hate my boobs,
In regards to men or women, usually as long as there is something to grab, they're happy lol. Big, small, they just want to know they're there...that's what all my guy friends remark. So long as they get to see them without clothes, they don't care about the rest! Of course, preferences may be for fuller busts or whatever, but the most important thing is that the person is seeing them without clothes on lol..

I might just do one more month.  I told myself my subs would be done at the end of the year, but I think I just want one more bag. lol.  I think (even though I had a great BB this month) I should end BB as planned.  I do like it, but I don't know if I wanna do another month and then get really tiny samples that I use and forget about.  I dunno.

At what point would you email ipsy?  My bag was supposed to be delivered on Dec 14, but it has not been, last update was at post office on Dec 11,  and the tracking number is not a USPS tracking number. sad panda.

Ya, definitely e-mail them. I was supposed to get mine Dec.10 and still haven't received it. It went from NC to NJ (where I live) to PA. I sent an e-mail and they're looking into it. It's a busy time of year, but some of the products would be great to use on the holidays.

Originally Posted by Meghan Coulter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At what point would you email ipsy?  My bag was supposed to be delivered on Dec 14, but it has not been, last update was at post office on Dec 11,  and the tracking number is not a USPS tracking number. sad panda.
Mine has sat the the local post office for a few days before; it's just how it goes.  I don't doubt it's still hung up there especially if it hasn't said that it has been delivered.  You could contact them, but I'd wait because unless it says it's out for delivery or has been delivered, it's all USPS.

Better contact your local post office first since they can get a hand on the actual location of your package faster than ipsy. I had my bag delayed for a week and the tracking said "delivered" without I actually receiving the bag so I called, and turns out the mail man made a mistake and changed the status, I got my bag an hour later.

So always contact your local post office first, then ipsy if the package is confirmed to be lost.

Quote: Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww. But I think natural breast are so much better. I know guys prefer the bigger the better but it's about the softness that makes boobs heavenly and fun to touch (forgive me if I sound like a perverted dude but MAN I LOVE BOOBS, who doesn't.)
It depends on what the natural ones look like, Obviously everybody wants perfect looking natural perks breasts, but nobody is going to tell you they love saggy ripply tittays. It can be really hard to tell sometimes, by best friend's cost 10k, and they legit look and feel like real boobs. we compared, you would never know unless you knew her before. 

And its not always about bigger. Its about better looking. I know a lot of people who had A's and got C's. These are the ones you can't notice on the street, because they aren't unnaturally large, they don't warrant a second glance.

Quote: Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is unopened and in my trade list, but you are tempting me to try it out!! lmao I have so many though :S

I actually had a talk about this topic with a bunch of dudes, out of like 10 in the convo, 1 said he likes fakes boobs, the others said that no matter the size they like real ones, I don't have big boobs and I've told the bf I want fake boobies, he goes: nope! I like them real like that :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I told him, if I ever have kids and they get f'd I'll get them fixed, and he's OK with that as long as they're real. Lots of men like fake boobies, but I think most like real ones.
Again, its all about degree. You can get perfectly normal looking C cups, or giant F's. tbh a lot of guys only think of huge obviously fake boobs when they hear implants. Nobody thinks a C cup is going to be implants. I don't know any girl who got them solely for guys, so it shouldn't matter what the hell guys think about them. 

I'm a little late to the Ulta coupon codes talk but wanted to share what I used tonite. First go through ebates.com to get 4% back. Then use code 74402 for 20% off. NYX is having a sale for most of their items, buy one get one 50% off, plus the 20% code and 4% ebates adds up!

I'm always one for getting a deal!

ps- check cherryculture.com every now and then. They have good prices on NYX and just had a 25% off sale.

Onto my ipsy box... I don't use black liners, only brown so it's going to sit in my drawer. I also only use neutral and pink glosses, lippies, so the gloss isn't gonna work! I'll give the primer a try tomorrow and hopefully that'll work. I'd LOVE to get a neutral palette one month!!!

Reminder to self: I have to make up a swap list because I have loads of things from ipsy and BB to swap.

Well, now that I've had a few days to use it, I have to say, I now quite love the primer instead of just being ok with it. I hope they send us more primers in the future for me to sample since I'm still pretty new at this whole cosmetics thing, but as of right now, this is my true love.

Latest posts

Back