December 2012 Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... ??? at /giveagift? Because I don't see it on mine? (I'm not logged in rn though so that might make a difference)
Yeah, you need to log in to see it! This is under the search bar of my screen:

"Already a Glam Bag Subscriber? Log in to get a FREE GIFT when you give one. Learn more"

And here's what it looks like when I'm logged in:

I am beyond excited for this bag!!! 

I can't believe it is their 1st year anniversary :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have so many samples from other services but I have an idea of what to do for them for Christmas. Specially since there are several ladies I know who would love to try great variety of items. 

Originally Posted by Rochellena /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to see like a quilted red, silver, or blue. Quilted silver and red stuff just always makes me think of winter and warm coats. (Hi btw! New around these parts)
Welcome!! Loving all the color combos people are throwing out there!

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the idea of hunter green and silver (Kinda like snow on the evergreen trees - the one of the few trees that stay green.)

I would LOVE to get something kinda minty (like a lip gloss/chap stick)

Maybe something fun for the hair (hair band or a jeweled barrette)

I am sure they already have everything set up and made up for awhile now though. 

I'm curious how far they have the bag ideas set up until (like they have now to march figured out).
ooo hunter green and silver sounds pretty!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YESYESYES on the stay-away-from-red-and-green-together thing.  Christmas makes me tense because, well, not a Christian, but something just generally wintery is awesome.  I would vote for blue, silver, or forest green.  In my area, pretty much all of the plants lose color -- except the *huge* number of evergreen trees and shrubbery.  During the rest of the year, there are tons of flowers in all colors, but in the winter, it's all green all the time.  And blue and silver?  The northern hemisphere has a *lot* of night during the winter (blue), and in places that get snow, everything is shiny white (silver since just plain old white is *boring*, not to mention a dirt/stain magnet).  A nice pale champagne gold (something along the line of a cool-toned highlighter) would be nice, too, for a get-ready-for-New-Year's theme.  I can actually see them going more for a New Year's theme than a Christmas theme specifically because of the religious slant of the latter.  
Agreed, there are so many pretty winter color combos. I'm a Jew (technically speaking I'm really a cultural Jew, not very religious at all) but my mom is Jewish and dad is Catholic, so even though we don't go to church or anything, we still celebrate christmas! But red and green together ALWAYS (pretty much) looks christmasy, so it's not as useful during the rest of the year. I love that color combo right now, but it's not something I'll be able to use past Christmas! That said, it's officially after thanksgiving, so I can start playing Christmas music now! 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you live near a Ricky's NYC check there since Ricky's recently began to carry NYX.
Oh Rickys.. just another reason I miss living in Manhattan. 

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry I opened this can of worms!  Eeep! 
icon_redface.gif
Don't be! Considering that ANYTHING could be in counterfit products, this is the kind of crap we have to know for our own health!

SO still no hints!? Wonder if they are keeping December hidden?! 

I might be giving this as a gift!

My sub expires in January but zI'm not sure if I want to resub..

Don't get me wrong I think there awesome! 

I'm just not sure if I can afford it. I haven't been buying makeup which is great but I haven't been working that much either :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Kinda sucks!

Well see at the end of December if I can do it cause I usually go broke from Xmas gifts lol 

I'm super excited for December's bag.  I've been pleasantly surprised with every bag since joining in June.

When do they start giving hints? & When do they ship the bags? This is my first bag, I'm so excited, hopefully it will be great.

Originally Posted by Nichole Dillon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When do they start giving hints? & When do they ship the bags? This is my first bag, I'm so excited, hopefully it will be great.
They usually give hints around the beginning of the month, ship sometime around the 9th-15th and I hope this bag is awesome too!

Yay for December's bag!  I'm excited and sad at the same time because I decided for my monthly subs December would be the last month.  I love them but honestly, I just have too much stuff and I'm trying to downsize/save money with my upcoming move and wedding.  I hope December's great!

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay for December's bag!  I'm excited and sad at the same time because I decided for my monthly subs December would be the last month.  I love them but honestly, I just have too much stuff and I'm trying to downsize/save money with my upcoming move and wedding.  I hope December's great!
I'm in the same exact boat!

Downsizing sounds good, but I'm unfortunately too weak to commit lol. I dropped one sub, but decided to pick up Ipsy... So I only cut out $10! I think I'll just do a 3 month trial with Ipsy and drop. I'm happy with November's bag, but not completely over the moon. If find myself using every single item over the next two months, I may stay. Chances are, I won't. But it makes for a fun run.. plus the bags every month are a cute touch.

I'm so agreeing with everyone on a non-Christmas-y bag.  Silver would be awesome, or navy, dark green, or burgundy.  I'm hoping they do previews soon, I'm dying of curiousity! 

I think a rich, dark green in velvet would be perfect for a bag.. what material are the bags usually? Do they switch them up or are they normally like the November bag?

I am really excited to see what they put together for December, even though it's the 26th and I still haven't gotten November's bag yet. And the replacement bag was supposed to come today. 

O well, hopefully my $10 wont go to waste next month 
icon_cry.gif

Latest posts

Back