December 2015 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for curated box.  Uncurated one arrived yesterday, surprised I got the rose gold eyeshadow.  I figured I'd get some other, less desirable color in that one.  I'm gonna bet I get the green when I get the curated box.

Follow up on my email to them about the "gift card" being a unique code. They gave me 100 points so I can use it as I had intended, so once I get my code, if anyone wants it, I'll be willing to give it up! I'm happy with how they decided to give me the points so I can make the purchases as I had intended with a gift card. 

Birchbox's lame response to my facebook post:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful feedback - we will definitely be sharing it so we can continue to improve! But we hope you still find something awesome to spend that $10 smile emoticon

Oddly enough the rosy gold shadow is gorgeous, however the paler color literally blends perfectly into my skin...so much show I put in on as powder as a joke, and you couldn't tell I had it on at all...

Follow up on my email to them about the "gift card" being a unique code. They gave me 100 points so I can use it as I had intended, so once I get my code, if anyone wants it, I'll be willing to give it up! I'm happy with how they decided to give me the points so I can make the purchases as I had intended with a gift card. 
I'd love it if you still have it!

I received both my boxes last week. However my box from my second account will not let me review the items for points. If I click on the "My Box" tab it won't even go to Decembers it's still stuck on Novembers. I never got tracking or anything for it either. I guess I'm going to wait a few more days and if I'm still stuck contact customer service. 

So far I'm loving the Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream! It reminds me of Benefits High Beam but it blends better and doesn't burn my sensitive skin. I'm also liking the JUARA Coconut Illipe Hand & Nail Balm. It smells like cake and I like cake. I also have not dared to spray the Harvey Prince because it would ruin the nice smell of cake. Did I mention I like cake? That is all. 

I emailed Birchbox about the Eyeko eyeliners and they stuck with the customs story and then told me they're sending me another sample on their behalf....uh wha? Ok.

If it's an eyeliner I might die.  lol

Mine has FINALLY loaded! And I see it has shipped also. I'm receiving:

- the balm cosmetics frat boy blush (fine with me)

-serge normant volumizing spray (my PYS)

-coastal scents pallete (ew, my 5th eyeshadow pallete in a year)

-Malin and goetz clay mask ( will be fun to try)

-Loreal professional mythic oil nourishing mask ( interesting, hope it's a good size!)

All in all I'm happy. I just hate that they are forcing the stupid eye shadows on everyone even though we chose something else.
Box twins!!

I have to say, the only products I am looking forward to are the spray & clay mask.  I don't know why they give my fine, oily hair an OIL MASK treatment.

argh

I emailed Birchbox about the Eyeko eyeliners and they stuck with the customs story and then told me they're sending me another sample on their behalf....uh wha? Ok.

If it's an eyeliner I might die.  lol
Guys birchbox is sending me a replacement of the Eyeko eyeliner that's already coming in my box.

I'm dead, srsly...dead.

I can't....I just can't even with them.

My box finally came today. I managed to stay spoiler free and I'm happy with the box. I had chosen the coastal scents sample to be the grey eye shadows.

birchbox december 2015 spoilers.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow. I spent $10 on a birchbox and got just barely over .5oz worth of product to try spread out over five samples. They all fit in my palm because they're all so itty bitty.

IMG_0395.JPG

I canceled my extra boxes. 

Those Harvey prince sea salt sprays are a joke. I have long hair and it literally was gone after one try...so lame!

Oh wow. I spent $10 on a birchbox and got just barely over .5oz worth of product to try spread out over five samples. They all fit in my palm because they're all so itty bitty.

IMG_0395.JPG

I canceled my extra boxes. 
After seeing the spoilers for next month, esp the curated box, I have to agree that the sample sizes are getting ever so small!!  I received the Japanese hand cream sample that's labeled 'not for resale' which is also kind of a joke...

If you've already purchased an annual sub and decide to cancel, do they refund you the difference?

After seeing the spoilers for next month, esp the curated box, I have to agree that the sample sizes are getting ever so small!!  I received the Japanese hand cream sample that's labeled 'not for resale' which is also kind of a joke...

If you've already purchased an annual sub and decide to cancel, do they refund you the difference?
Unfortunately, they don't refund anything for annual subs! 

Well I just went to check my account page and apparently my box page is switched (which is good since I didn't chose the curated box.) I'm getting:

-CS Eyeshadow. I chose the green/gold one, so hopefully that's the one I get.

-L'Oreal Mystic Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. Meh. This was something I had seen and I was okay with getting (mostly because I have a thing for shampoo and conditioner, yeah I know I'm strange). 

-Juara Hand and Nail Balm. I have sooooo many handcreams that I've decided to put them on my nightstand so I use them every night to hopefully go through them. At least this is a small sample (and apparently smells like cake, which is a plus)

-Malin & Goetz Clay Mask. I like masks. This will get used. 

- Benefit's They're Real Tinted Primer. I hate the They're Real mascara (I'm currently using it and I can't wait for the 3 months to be up), but it'll be cool to try them together and I'm happy to have a brand new not released yet product in my BB.

Overall I'm pretty meh. I guess this is what they send to someone who's been subbed to them for almost 3 years when they do a "leftovers" month. (I've already received the Coola, Harvey Prince, Amika, and a few of the other items that are showing up in almost everyone's boxes.) I also agree that their samples have been really small the past couple months and I'm irritated. I used to love BB, but now I think that once the Macy's/Sephora box becomes open to everyone, I think I'll drop them for awhile.

I finally decided to open a second account so I could always have the option of getting a 'surprise' box and the curated box.  I didn't care for December's curated box, so I chose the same sample (Serge Normant) on both my accounts. 

As it would figure. . . I ended up with two *identical* boxes.  Darn it.  But I'm pleased with my other samples (Crop highlighter, CS rose gold eyeshadow, No 4 hair oil, and Paper Soap Factory lotion). 

I'm excited about the January curated box, so really glad I have two accounts. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back