December 2015 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um wow my box completely changed from a couple days ago. Super annoyed. I am now getting:

Soap and paper hand cream

Beauty crop highlighting cream

Eye shadow (I was hoping to avoid this )

Coola moisturizer (wtf)

Malin and goetz clarifying clay mask (I have crazy dry skin. But I guess my husband can use it)

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh 2/5

Finally loaded! at least its a 6 item box, the 6th one is the gold and green eye shadow. I'm terrified of this perfume though, every time they cost that much, they smell horrible! lol
I actually tend to like Ateleir Cologne and I'm not a fragrance person. Their Orange Sanguine is my favorite perfume right now. Though I have to admit I tried the Mandarine Glacial and hated it. I think the one you have is the Pomelo Paradis. I'm sure I've tried it but I can't remember what it smells like. 

Atelier is my absolute favorite. I have the orange and the vanilla. It's hard to describe other than French and expensive. The total opposite of popular American brands. Even if you hate the scent it should at least come with a cute post card.
I received almost all the postcards from Sephora (I totally didn't order things just to get the postcards :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />). I framed them and used them to decorate my bedroom. 

Finally say the preview. I'm new to sub boxes this is my third bb.

1) coastal scents eye-shadow (saw swatches of the gold& green, so okay with this, actually looking forward now, was not excited for it at pys)

2) amika dry shampoo (first one ever, so not displeased)

3) beauty protector detangler (in need of a detangler, so fingers crossed it works for me)

4) eyeko fat liquid eyeliner (I like liquid eyeliner, hopefully this brand suits me)

5) avene moisturizing face product (glad for this since my skin is so fussy and combination does not begin to describe how much it changes throughout any given day)

Well, well, well....LOOK at what's showing up in one of my Birchbox's this month:

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 11.14.42 AM.png

I do believe that is the missing Eyeko eyeliner of months past, the one that we were all promised and the one that was hung up in customs.

Well, well, well....LOOK at what's showing up in one of my Birchbox's this month:

I do believe that is the missing Eyeko eyeliner of months past, the one that we were all promised and the one that was hung up in customs.
We need to write the powerful, Oscar-worthy movie about those eyeko liners' long journey through customs. Starring Tom Hanks.

Um wow my box completely changed from a couple days ago. Super annoyed. I am now getting:

Soap and paper hand cream

Beauty crop highlighting cream

Eye shadow (I was hoping to avoid this )

Coola moisturizer (wtf)

Malin and goetz clarifying clay mask (I have crazy dry skin. But I guess my husband can use it)

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh 2/5
Update:

The hand cream smells really nice. The highlighting cream is sooooooo messy and glittery.

My box is pretty sad this month. I'm 90% sure I'm going to cancel birchbox. At least for a little while. I canceled ipsy in October and I don't miss it. I just have too many products. Time to take a break.

Amika dry shampoo: ANOTHER dry shampoo. At least the packaging is cute. I think I'm going to give this one a try.

Coola face: ANOTHER coola! This is my only birchbox sub. It's not my 2nd account etc. they actually have sent me more coola and in December.

Harvey prince sea salt hair mist: face palm

Formal eyes: not impressed but useable. Good for travel.

Beauty crop highlighter cream. This will be fun to play around with. It might be nice on the body. Messy though. Sponge application suggested if you don't want twilight hands.

I feel like half this box was old stock used as filler to get it out of the warehouse for the new year.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is bs the $10 card in the boxes isn't a gift card, it's a freaking promo code!

Didn't the spoiler video specifically say it was a GIFTCARD?!

This is bs the $10 card in the boxes isn't a gift card, it's a freaking promo code!

Didn't the spoiler video specifically say it was a GIFTCARD?!
I thought so...but I figured there'd be a min purchase, there always is with bb. Is it $35 like usual?

The terminology used should be $10 discount/coupon not gift card:

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 5.47.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 5.48.00 PM.png

The code goes in the promotion section, if you try to enter it as a gift card it says it's invalid.

Between that, the winter essentials eye shadow switcheroo and the fact that I'm getting those long ago promised eyeko eyeliners, it's 3 strikes for me and worth a bit of an email to Birchbox, not that expect anything to come from it. Still...annoying.

ugh! got my sneak for my second accout

1. green/gold eyeshadow - PYS

2. ANOTHER Harvey Prince sea salt spray - in BOTH boxes!? really, this is winter, give me conditioning for my hear not drying SALT

3. Supergoop CC cream. ugh. got Coola in the other box. 

4. Avene Hydrating Serum - only thing i like in the box

5. Silhouette perfume

They must really want me to cancel. one is a year long sub, but the other i will cancel for sure if i dont love January PYS choices

Well, December is a complete bust. 3 summer products to use in the Michigan winter, and a freaking promo code. Birchbox, you suck this month. 

/grumpy

Latest posts

Back