December 2015 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My second account is up.

Soap and paper factory hand cream

Beauty Crop highlighting cream ( I ended up with two of these due to a mistake with my complexion perfection sampler)

Catherine Malandrino perfume (I have allergies)

PYS eye shadow

Beauty Protectir detangler ( got this on my other account and it broke my scalp out pretty badly?

This is the first time I've actually been disappointed in a box. I have been "meh, whatever" about some but this makes me rethink having a second box.

And my first account just loaded

Juana hand and nail balm

Kate Spade live colorfully spray (description of it mentions the sand between your toes and vacation, how is this in a winter box?)

PYS eye shadow

Coola spf moisturizer

And the one interesting thing: Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer.

These really aren't the best winter boxes. Hand creams are great and the eye shadows are good but the rest is blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the curated box for my ace account, but  am not very happy with the stuff they chose for my second account.

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil - I have tried before and liked
Kopari Coconut Sheer Oil -  Why give me more than one hair oil?  I have nothing against oils, but two in one box?
Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray - because two hair products just isn't enough?
Coastal Scents® styleEYES Palette - not very excited by this
Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream - I have tried before, and didn't like all that much, but I'm okay with that.
At least they didn't put in another fragrance.

My curated box came today! I got the green and gold shadows when I thought the pink one came in it. I must have been confused but that's a good thing cause I'm getting the pink in my main box.

The only thing I won't use is the scrub.

Leave in conditioner smells good.

The stain is so cute for my purse. I use the little sorial one from popsugar, so tiny is good!

I'm addicted to chuao chocolate and my whole foods stopped carrying it as soon as I discovered it

image.jpeg

I am pretty happy with my box this month. Actually last month too. Finally starting to get two makeup items in my box again. Here is what I am getting this month:

Benefit They're real TINTED primer (NOT the mascara!)- this is on presale only and I am looking forward to trying it. I hope it works well!

Coastal Scents eyeshadow- this will be the gold and green. I look forward to trying it as I don't have these colors in any of my palettes.  Their shadows aren't the best I've tried but they are decent.

Coola classic Cucumber Moisturizer with SPF- I always get Coola stuff for some reason. I don't really like their stuff and this one has a chemical sunscreen in it, which I don't use so this will go in my donate box.

Kate Spade Live Colorful Spray- not a big perfume person but this sounds really lovely, right down my aisle. I hope it smells as nice as it sounds!

Juara Coconut Illipe Hand and nail cream- sounds nice enough.

Have they ever said what they were doing for people who saved their boxes all year?

I used all of mine except for this month's, to make care packages for the local women's shelter. I put feminine hygiene products (tampons, pads, liners and wipes), body wash, a face wash (Ha! That is how many extras I had!!), a razor, a travel shave cream, a hand sanitizer, a toothbrush/paste and a makeup sample of some sort in each box, packing them up so full they don't shut well.

I plan on doing this with all the stuff I don't use this month as well before I take it in to get as many boxes filled as I can. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My cheat finally loaded:

-thebalm frat boy blush (cute packaging, but I'm on blush overload)

-Juara Illipe hand cream

-coastal scents PYS (green/gold)

-coola cucumber spf

-Oscar de la renta fragrance

im pleased about the hand cream, but I chose the curated box on my other account, and the hand cream is included in that, soooo.....

I dunno. I guess this box is OK. It's not good, but it isn't bad, either. It's the Cool Runnings of boxes.

My curated box came today! I got the green and gold shadows when I thought the pink one came in it. I must have been confused but that's a good thing cause I'm getting the pink in my main box.

The only thing I won't use is the scrub.

Leave in conditioner smells good.

The stain is so cute for my purse. I use the little sorial one from popsugar, so tiny is good!

I'm addicted to chuao chocolate and my whole foods stopped carrying it as soon as I discovered it

I love hand cream, so this is a good one.
image.jpeg
i picked those colors to wear on Christmas and they look nice! ty for sharing!

i have a tracking number but no cheat :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Another not so exciting box for me:

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil. I love this product, but I've gotten it twice in past curated boxes.

Coastal scents style eyes palette. Bleh.

The Beauty Crop Highlighter. Already recieved this in another sub.

Soap & Paper Factory Hand Cream. Will use, but not exciting.

Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray. PYS.

My cheat page still hasn't loaded...most of the time I get it before the new month even starts. It's kind of blowing my mind that they're sending people Coola (luckily I've already got this before over) and sea salt spray....I'm so jealous of BB UK...they're getting these little clutches like BB France and a lot of them have 7 samples! I'm so jealous! I mean, gah-look at this:

BB UK.png

My cheat page still hasn't loaded...most of the time I get it before the new month even starts. It's kind of blowing my mind that they're sending people Coola (luckily I've already got this before over) and sea salt spray....I'm so jealous of BB UK...they're getting these little clutches like BB France and a lot of them have 7 samples! I'm so jealous! I mean, gah-look at this:
 yeah looking at many of the pictures online, their boxes are way better than ours- lots of deluxe sized samples and full sized products were often ours are packets and tiny vials. I wonder how much their boces cost? Based on the size and quality of the samples, I'd think they were a little more expensive than ours?

I also wonder what ever happened to the possiblity of getting extra foil samples of stuff not in place of your regular BB items? Since they implemented that a few years ago, I've never gotten any extras. And, in fact, rarely do I get more than 5 items now. I used to get 6-7 items almost all the time back in the day, lol.

Another not so exciting box for me:

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil. I love this product, but I've gotten it twice in past curated boxes.

Coastal scents style eyes palette. Bleh.

The Beauty Crop Highlighter. Already recieved this in another sub.

Soap & Paper Factory Hand Cream. Will use, but not exciting.

Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray. PYS.
Box twins =) My non-curated account is getting this box. Okay-ish. I'm not so excited either. At least I like hand cream and highlighter.

I got my curated box today.  I like most of the products in it, especially the Juara hand cream which smells really good & isn't greasy.  The lip product and scrub smell good too & I will use both of them.  The one thing I'm disappointed about is the that they sent the green/gold eyeshadow when they had pictured the pink/cream one with the curated box during sample choice.  I feel let down by the eyeshadow, like they promised one color and sent another.  

Got my BB today!
I picked out the curated box, loved everything in it

Along with @@Shayleemeadows the eye shadow I got was Glamour Eyes and not Formal Eyes. While the pigmentation is really nice, I don't know if I will use that shade too often. It is such a bummer too because it says that we should have Formal Eyes on the card, and the eye shadows are pretty nice for CS!

Other than that I love everything in the box. The hand cream smells amazing! It says coconut but it almost smells like cake batter. I love the hair product, the scrub I have tried before and love, and the cheek stain is too cute!

Also that chocolate, it tasted like a fancy Crunch bar I remember from when I was little :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally loaded! at least its a 6 item box, the 6th one is the gold and green eye shadow. I'm terrified of this perfume though, every time they cost that much, they smell horrible! lol

Screenshot (5).png

Random thought...cheats don't load bc BB doesn't know what they're sending you until almost last minute bc their subscriber base gotten so huge. Just an idea...one of my cheats (with tracking) loaded, while the other, newer, soon to be gone acct is still up in the air...

Mine also FINALLY loaded. I'm not too disappointed. It's my last box for my yearly sub and I don't plan on renewing or signing up for a monthly, at least not at this point.

In my box:

Soap and Paper Shea Butter Hand Cream - Okay, will use eventually. 

Kate Spade Live Colorfully Spray - Ugh. Perfume. And the description is floral, which I hate. We'll see. 

Amika Hair Mask - LOVE Amika products, so Yay on this one.

Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner - Wow. About time?

CS Eyeshadow - Will use. 

Finally loaded! at least its a 6 item box, the 6th one is the gold and green eye shadow. I'm terrified of this perfume though, every time they cost that much, they smell horrible! lol
Atelier is my absolute favorite. I have the orange and the vanilla. It's hard to describe other than French and expensive. The total opposite of popular American brands. Even if you hate the scent it should at least come with a cute post card.

My cheat loaded and it's the curated box...which is cool and all except I chose the green and gold eyeshadow duo, not the curated box (which is whatever since that's the color that's coming in the curated box I guess?) Haha.

I'm pretty happy with everything in it (yay chocolate!) The only thing I'm not too thrilled with is the Jane Iredale and that's only because I already have about 15 samples of those. 

Latest posts

Back