December 2015 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my first box BB last month. I got that awful gold shadow stick and that glittery illuminating cream -not too excited about those, but I was happy with the rest.  I subscribe to Ipsy as well, my preview for my december box was so depressing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I actually contacted them because 2 of the products were lipsticks and one was an eyeshadow! Both of which I do not wear. So they are comping my january box-hope it gets better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine has FINALLY loaded! And I see it has shipped also. I'm receiving:

- the balm cosmetics frat boy blush (fine with me)

-serge normant volumizing spray (my PYS)

-coastal scents pallete (ew, my 5th eyeshadow pallete in a year)

-Malin and goetz clay mask ( will be fun to try)

-Loreal professional mythic oil nourishing mask ( interesting, hope it's a good size!)

All in all I'm happy. I just hate that they are forcing the stupid eye shadows on everyone even though we chose something else.

I'd love to know what comes of emailing Birchbox about the "gift card" being a code. I had my cart all set up and was ready to use the SURPRISE code along with the gift card but you can't stack codes so that's really cruddy! 

My box is pretty sad this month. I'm 90% sure I'm going to cancel birchbox. At least for a little while. I canceled ipsy in October and I don't miss it. I just have too many products. Time to take a break.

Amika dry shampoo: ANOTHER dry shampoo. At least the packaging is cute. I think I'm going to give this one a try.

Coola face: ANOTHER coola! This is my only birchbox sub. It's not my 2nd account etc. they actually have sent me more coola and in December.

Harvey prince sea salt hair mist: face palm

Formal eyes: not impressed but useable. Good for travel.

Beauty crop highlighter cream. This will be fun to play around with. It might be nice on the body. Messy though. Sponge application suggested if you don't want twilight hands.

I feel like half this box was old stock used as filler to get it out of the warehouse for the new year.
I think they've sent me every possible Coola product in the past 6 months. That and Amika products. I don't know why?? I also seem to get a mascara in almost every box. Apparently they think I REALLY need mascara?

My box just loaded finally...I'm pretty disappointed. I really loved last month's box and used/still using all of every item except for the Make face gloss (which in my opinion was like rubbing thick Vaseline on my face lol). Good thing I took advantage of that $5 glitch for the Winter Essentials box, even though I ended up getting two dups-Jane Iredale and Coastal Scents (funny I'm most excited about these in my December box), at least there was chocolate!

bb dec.png

Disappointed this month.

1) the "gift card" is a coupon code and they sent me a birchbox man one???

2) nothing about my box, besides the actual box itself, feels festive or winterish. A drying clay mask? Sunscreen? What?!

3) no extra fun little goody. Chocolate or tea or hot chocolate or something would've been fun and very easy for them to do.

Mark me down as another one irritated that the curated box came with the green gold instead of the rose/champagne color pictured.  

I emailed Birchbox today and asked for the correct one. They said they'd send it to me.  

I also emailed about the eyeko eyeliner and asked why they're in my box now, as opposed to 6 months ago. 

I'm working up the email about the "giftcard" next but I want to tackle one issue at a time with them as they've been known to skip over parts of emails and only refer to the things they want to talk about/acknowledge.

December was a free box due to shipping issues in the past, and I'm glad. Not impressed -- a drying mask for my already parched skin, crappy eyeshadow, another flipping perfume sample, hair oil, and BB cream that I can guarantee won't match my skin color.

No regrets about cancelling both of my subs. I expect way more from a December box.

I got the curated box on my main account and resubbed on my 2nd account with a free subscription I earned from coca-cola points. Not thrilled with my 2nd box at all. I have thick, curly hair and I got volumizing hairspray; do I need that?? I also got lotion, highlighting cream, beauty protector oil and the coastal scents sampler. Probably end up swapping the whole box. I really liked the curated box minus the eyeshadow. 

For whatever reason my box didn't show up online until yesterday (and is anyone else having problems using Firefox to go past the login screen?).

I'm getting:

Christian Siriano perfume (as I said before, if you cancel and resub they start you counting all over again with the perfume sample limit)

Amika hair mask:  I get a lot of hair masks.  I don't wash my hair every day so these don't get used up very fast (of course, not sure how small the sample is).

Stila lipstick/gloss:  I just got one of these in my Mystery Pack.  Hope it is a different color.

Coastal Scents:  I think I picked the pinkish set.  I actually like Coastal Scents.  They blend easier for me than some others I have (right now it is my Too Faced Chocolate Bar).

Malin & Goetz mask:  Will use.

So, not a horrible box.  But sure doesn't scream "winter" or anything.

I should add that I resubbed when they had some promo or something so my boxes are pretty cheap.

I'm working up the email about the "giftcard" next but I want to tackle one issue at a time with them as they've been known to skip over parts of emails and only refer to the things they want to talk about/acknowledge.
I emailed too. I said that I was incredibly disappointed that I'd be unable to get the "Surprise" mystery pack AND use the gift card as well as it was stated to be a gift card and now it is simply a unique code. I told them I had my cart all set up and ready and then I heard it's a unique code and that I was really looking forward to being able to use both but since they didn't know how to word things correctly, now I couldn't. No reply yet. 

Back