• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dermstore Mystery Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DO you have photos of the bags?
smile.gif
I was so tempted to buy! But I have way toooo much products I havent used yet like those from Allure Summer Box and last two seasons of BeautyFix. I hope I made the right decision.
I posted one of the makeup one a page back if you wanted to see that one.

Originally Posted by Novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered all three bags and received them all today. WAY disappointed in the makeup bag with the exception of the makeup setting spray (always wanted that stuff to compare to UD DeSlick). All in all - ok - not wowed by the products, and dissappointed that I dropped that much money 
icon_rolleyes.gif
I second this. Holy crap, what a waste. Especially now having TWO containers of that Raw Minerals foundation in a dark brown shade...what the hell? And the fact that part of what we paid for in each group was a bag - as if I need any more tiny zippered bags! I wish I hadn't ordered all 3...or any, for that matter.

I second this. Holy crap, what a waste. Especially now having TWO containers of that Raw Minerals foundation in a dark brown shade...what the hell? And the fact that part of what we paid for in each group was a bag - as if I need any more tiny zippered bags! I wish I hadn't ordered all 3...or any, for that matter.
I got them all to and so very disapointed. I dont plan on using any of it besides the spray. Guess I should start swap list. Not sure anyone will even want any of this crap anyway. Ugghhh

I think i saved myself from regret :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks For showing all those stuff. I got most of them already and some that i passed in BeautyFix's selections.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So the skindinavia spray is nice, but when I compare it to deslick, It has a different smell, and the formula doesnt seem to last as long as deslick does for my oily skin
I got the Skindinavia spray as one of my BeautyFix selections last quarter and I find it to be completely ineffective. I noticed no difference in how long my makeup lasts at all. So great - having ordered this damn bag, now I have two.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Foundation? I thought it was more of a bronzer ..

I was also disappointed in the mystery bags. I liked the makeup one for the most part, but I won't be purchasing any bags if they ever decide to do this again.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Skindinavia spray as one of my BeautyFix selections last quarter and I find it to be completely ineffective. I noticed no difference in how long my makeup lasts at all. So great - having ordered this damn bag, now I have two.
I use deslick. Its a lifesaver for my makeup, but for some reason the formula that they use for deslick works for me and actually my skin isnt even that oily, I would say its combo, borderline oily and the type they supply to beautyfix doesnt work. If you need someting good, I would suggest deslick if you need something strong.  and the scent on deslick is much more plesant than the BF one

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was also disappointed in the mystery bags. I liked the makeup one for the most part, but I won't be purchasing any bags if they ever decide to do this again.

I second that!!!! I sort of feel like I wasted money because im also subbed to beautyfix so all of the makeup bag items were dupes for me except for the brush.

Originally Posted by Sarah Jang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Foundation? I thought it was more of a bronzer ..
If you look at the label, it says foundation. But when you read the descriptions for the product, it seems like its a bronzer. First off, its to glittery to be a foundation. Second, it would have too be for a very dark person. Usually most bronzers and blushes are too light for me, (a tan from BE and toasted beige from benefit) and this was a bit dark for me as a bronzer, let alone a foundation.

In my opinion, this is a FAIL!!!!  I bought the 'DermStore Skin and Hair Grab Bag - 4piece', which I thought meant that I would get four skin and hair items.  A makeup bag is not a skin product or a hair product.  I called them up, thinking that they accidentally left out an item, and they said that the bag counts as an item.  When I said I thought that was lame (paraphrase), they said that they would convey my input to the management that they should have been clearer about what was in the grab bag.

O.k.  Maybe it is not a total fail.  I like the products.  But, it is soooo frustrating to feel ... mislead.  Now that I know what is in all of the bags, I can see that the silhouettes next to each 'mystery grab bag' showed exactly what was in each bag, including the makeup bag.  Now that I know this, the next time they have a 'Not-mystery Dermstore Skin and Hair - not 4piece unless you include the makeup bag Grab Bag', I'll know what I am in for, maybe.

DS Has another deal up now that's like this, but it's a "summer luxury bag."

Based on the picture...looks like that Raw Minerals thing and maybe a Nailtiques bottle? I know those used to be in BeautyFix selections: Anyone have any other ideas what the other 2 items might be?

Doesn't seem like that bad of a deal since it's $10 and I think you get 4 items?

http://www.dermstore.com/lp/1072

Back