• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dermstore Mystery Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys know if the brush is any good?
 Its ok, nothing too special. Its pretty soft, but the bristles around 2 inches long, are a bit too long in my opinion. and the handle is long enough for an easy application.

I recieved mine. not bad for 15 dollars in my opinion. The brush feels nice, but like someone else said, the bristles are long, Is the Raw minerals item supposed to be used like a bronzer? it says foundation but i dont think thats very universal. 

The 4oz Skindinavia spray is normally $29, so getting that at half off + freebies is still not a bad deal!  (helped keep my makeup on this weekend through IMATS anyway)

Exuviance - Masque

Kronos - Intense hair masque (full size)

RAW - mineral glow (same as makeup) 

Cures - eye cream
Kronos - Hydress set (sample sized)

Cures - eye cream

3 lab - M cream

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exuviance - Masque

Kronos - Intense hair masque (full size)

RAW - mineral glow (same as makeup) 

Cures - eye cream
Kronos - Hydress set (sample sized)

Cures - eye cream

3 lab - M cream
okay, i'm glad that i didn't miss out on anything good.. the bags are good values though but i already am subscribed to beautyfix! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad I sat these out...all seem like beauty fix selections.
Yeah. If I were interested in BF, I'd sub to it, ya know?

There are some good values (off of retail), I suppose, but I'm not so sure that these particular items are worth their retail to start with.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad I sat these out...all seem like beauty fix selections.
Same here! Do not regret my decision to skip at all. Definitely a good value, but I could see a lot of these products getting shoved to the side or stuck in some random box. Once again, glad I sat this out. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here! Do not regret my decision to skip at all. Definitely a good value, but I could see a lot of these products getting shoved to the side or stuck in some random box. Once again, glad I sat this out. 
Im really not impressed with these items. Oh well, I guess its my own fault lol

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im really not impressed with these items. Oh well, I guess its my own fault lol
you still received a great deal for paying only $18 (if i recall correctly).. =)

I ordered all three bags and received them all today. WAY disappointed in the makeup bag with the exception of the makeup setting spray (always wanted that stuff to compare to UD DeSlick). All in all - ok - not wowed by the products, and dissappointed that I dropped that much money 
icon_rolleyes.gif

If anyone wants to sell their 3Lab M Cream sample(s), let me know.  I've wanted to try that one for awhile now... PM me.

Welllll, I took the plunge and bought all three. I am not a BeautyFix subscriber, so these are not repeats of anything I own, except for Skindinavia, which I already use, buy, love, drink, and bathe in. I loved opening the little baggies, but I was not thrilled with the contents. I am the color of skim milk, so this "warmth" would be more like "burned alive." I'll use the hair stuff, except for the one thing that is full size. Argh!

Would anyone like TWO Raw Mineral Glows in "Warm Glow," a Kronos Phyx, a Global Goddess eyeshadow, a Cures Age Defyer Eye, and maybe a powder brush? I'll even throw in some things I have. HEY, idea. Let's swap grab bags of our own! I'll make two of them:

Raw Mineral Glow, Warm Glow -- TWO of these, so you can bronze your whole body and neighborhood

Redpoint Powder Brush

Global Goddess i-Divine eyeshadow, Kumaon

At least THREE cosmetic mystery items

Kronos Phyx, full size

Cures by Avance Age Defyer Eye

At least FOUR hair/skin/body mystery items

Any takers? PM me if you're game. Send me whatever you'd like, just try to make it roughly the same value and keep in mind that I am the color of chalk.

I am at the moment recovering from surgery, so it'll be Monday or Tuesday before I send out.

FUN!

-D

Originally Posted by strangenurse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welllll, I took the plunge and bought all three. I am not a BeautyFix subscriber, so these are not repeats of anything I own, except for Skindinavia, which I already use, buy, love, drink, and bathe in. I loved opening the little baggies, but I was not thrilled with the contents. I am the color of skim milk, so this "warmth" would be more like "burned alive." I'll use the hair stuff, except for the one thing that is full size. Argh!

Would anyone like TWO Raw Mineral Glows in "Warm Glow," a Kronos Phyx, a Global Goddess eyeshadow, a Cures Age Defyer Eye, and maybe a powder brush? I'll even throw in some things I have. HEY, idea. Let's swap grab bags of our own! I'll make two of them:

Raw Mineral Glow, Warm Glow -- TWO of these, so you can bronze your whole body and neighborhood

Redpoint Powder Brush

Global Goddess i-Divine eyeshadow, Kumaon

At least THREE cosmetic mystery items

Kronos Phyx, full size

Cures by Avance Age Defyer Eye

At least FOUR hair/skin/body mystery items

Any takers? PM me if you're game. Send me whatever you'd like, just try to make it roughly the same value and keep in mind that I am the color of chalk.

I am at the moment recovering from surgery, so it'll be Monday or Tuesday before I send out.

FUN!

-D
Haha I like your sense of humor :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But i'm interested in the products you're willing to trade/give out. I'm not really sure what to offer in return though lol

I'm fairly happy with my makeup grab bag. I was going to give away most of it, but then I read the "warm glow" stuff could also be used for contouring if it's not too shimmery (which I am interested in learning how to do), the brush may work for blending contouring (?), and I can't wait to try the spray. Bags are always welcome to keep things organized (one for pencils, one for lipsticks, etc.). I'll just be giving away the brown eyeshadow because I have plenty of it.

I'm very happy with the Makeup Mystery Bag also. The $15 was enough to put my order over $50 so I could use the $25 off coupon. I have been wanting to try the Skindinavia (used it this morning) and the mineral glow product seems very sheer so I think I can use it on my fair (not pale) skin. I played with it last night and it went on very lightly. I liked the eyeshadow but mine arrived broken so I had to email customer service. I do not have much in that shade so it will be a nice addition to my collection. The brush is very soft and seems like good quality. I have a similar one so that may be the product that does not get much use. I can always use another makeup bag and this one is a shape I do not currently have. All in all, a good deal for me.

Originally Posted by Novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered all three bags and received them all today. WAY disappointed in the makeup bag with the exception of the makeup setting spray (always wanted that stuff to compare to UD DeSlick). All in all - ok - not wowed by the products, and dissappointed that I dropped that much money 
icon_rolleyes.gif

DO you have photos of the bags?
smile.gif
I was so tempted to buy! But I have way toooo much products I havent used yet like those from Allure Summer Box and last two seasons of BeautyFix. I hope I made the right decision.

Back