Dermstore's Beautyfix: 2nd quarter selections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my spring picks 
laughno.gif

I just opened up my CoTZ Face Natural Skintone SPF 40, and I'm not very happy.  On their website, it clearly states that the CoTZ is 1.5 oz.  The box that it was packaged in says 1.5 oz, but when I opened up the box and pulled out the tube, it is only .5 oz.  It has a big sticker across it that says Sample Size .5 oz.  I wanted this because the idea of a tinted sunscreen was super appealing to me.  Kind of an all-in-one product for me and I was thrilled that I was getting a large size.  So far, that's 2 products that they have misrepresented on their Sample Selection page (the Perricone cleanser was the other one).  Oh well.  It's still a great deal on products.

OH NOES. I don't remember where I read it so I'm just posting here because it seems like the most recent BeautyFix thread.

Did someone say that the LaRocca primer was currently sold out? AH. I got an empty box today so I emailed CS but ust realized the primer was one of my 8 so I'm wondering if my order won't be sent out for another 2 or 3 weeks.
screams.gif

Since they never answered my email and my technical issues with the website continued, I called Customer Service this afternoon. It took about half an hour (being on hold for 15 minutes), but I just got off the phone with them. The sales rep was nice - she just had to manually create my order from her computer, having me list the items I wanted. She took my BFMKUP coupon code, so it's all good. The order went through, and I'm excited to get my stuff!

Originally Posted by livelifeeasy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in the same situation as you. I ordered about a week ago, and I can't choose new products either. When I got to "Select My Kit" it just goes back to my account page.

I don't want to make a huge deal out of it, but I guess I should let them know so they change the info online.  I tried this sunscreen this morning and I really like it!  If it doesn't break me out, I may just end up buying one anyways.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd contact them about it and make sure to include pictures.

I'm SOOOO PISSSSSSSSED! I was vigilant about the March 15th date thanks to Annelle but for some reason it wouldn't let me make my selections. I didn't have time to call customer service since I worked til 8 PM every night and I finally did but... the item I wanted (the LaRocca Primer) is GONE. I called and they basically told me I was SOL. UGGGGGGGGH! This definitely taints my beautyfix love.

This is what I ordered :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Was so disappointed when they didn't have any more LaRocca Primer, I really wanted to try that, but atleast I got a good deal on all the products, and got mostly full sized :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Beautyfix bag : 15$

1. Exuviance Rejuvenating Treatment Masque 2.5oz. $34.00
  2. 3LAB Perfect Cleansing Foam 3.4oz. $40.00
  3. Canyon Ranch Your Tranformation Balance Light Weight Moisture 1.7oz. $75.00
  4. DermaQuest Skin Vitalight 2oz. $63.00
  5. Lisa Hoffman Night and Day 2 Vitamin A and C Serum .5oz $57.00
  6. Pur-lisse Lip comfort .5oz $16.00
  7. Chella Enzyme Exfoliating Crema Mask 2.5oz $60.00
  8. SkinMedica TNS Lip Plump System (2piece) $55.00
Total value: $400 + $15(bag)

Wow, when did the primer sell out? 
icon_eek.gif
 I ordered a couple days ago and was able to get one, thankfully! 

The LaRocca was new from the Winter Box, so they probably just had a little bit more leftover. I don't think it'll be back unless they reintroduce it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was able to finally place my order over the phone and they accepted the BFMKUP code with no issues. I had to wait for a supervisor to call me back but that was no biggie. For reference, I spoke to Shannon and she was very nice and apologetic that I had any issues in the first place...she also upgraded my shipping for the inconvenience (which I totally appreciate and wasn't expecting). 

If you get someone who is rude, I'd ask to speak to someone else who is willing to help or a supervisor.

I did end up sending them a quick email letting them know that the size of the CoTz I received was not the same size as listed on the website.  They were very quick to email me back and offer me another selection at no charge!  I totally wasn't expecting that; I just wanted to make them aware of the size difference.  They said that CoTZ sent them a sample size instead of the full size and they have fixed it on the website so it's the correct size.  So far, their customer service rocks!  Definitely keeping this sub.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just opened up my CoTZ Face Natural Skintone SPF 40, and I'm not very happy.  On their website, it clearly states that the CoTZ is 1.5 oz.  The box that it was packaged in says 1.5 oz, but when I opened up the box and pulled out the tube, it is only .5 oz.  It has a big sticker across it that says Sample Size .5 oz.  I wanted this because the idea of a tinted sunscreen was super appealing to me.  Kind of an all-in-one product for me and I was thrilled that I was getting a large size.  So far, that's 2 products that they have misrepresented on their Sample Selection page (the Perricone cleanser was the other one).  Oh well.  It's still a great deal on products.

Got around to making my picks for the quarter. I'm a week away from being totally out of face moisturizer, so I picked a bunch to see if any of them work for me (I've been in arizona for four years and I still can't figure this one out!). I like having a heavier lotion at night and lighter one for under my makeup...

Kinerase Photofacials Night Moisturizer

iQ Derma Clear Remedy Hydrating Lotion 

Canyon Ranch Your Tranformation Balance Light Weight Moisture 

Chella Enzyme Exfoliating Crema Mask 

3LAB M Creme

Lisa Hoffman Beauty Night and Day 2 Vitamin A and C Serum

Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer - Travel size 

Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cleanser (I seriously can't get enough of this stuff)

I didn't double check the prices, but I think it's in the neighborhood of $350. I'd never actually pay full price for individual items, but I figure the last moisturizer I bought and was just "meh" about cost $26, so getting to try a bunch for $30 is pretty darn good!

My first Beautyfix haul. I'm part African-American and have obnoxious hair sometimes, so I was interested in mostly hair products. It was in the worth around $470, and I paid $19.99.

I'm really bummed about the CoTz. This is the main reason why I bought the kit and I wanted to send it as a gift but I can't really gift a sample now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's still a good deal, especially with the code, but now all of a sudden I have to buy another tinted moisturizer to gift.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. DermaQuest Skin Vitalight 2oz. $63.00
was this product labeled as discontinued on the Dermstore site when you ordered it? When I first looked at it a few weeks ago, I don't think it was, but I was looking for a replacement for the LaRocca primer since they messed up my order (still so sad and bitter) and while the product is still listed on the Beautyfix products page, it's labeled as discontinued on the Dermstore site.

also, if something is discontinued, why would they keep the item listed? makes no sense to me.

After many emails and phone calls back and forth after receiving an empty box, I've accepted that I won't be able to get my hands on the LaRocca Primer that I ordered last season. Sigh, I wish I'd just been told straight up that it would be impossible to get it in the first place. After my phone call with a CS rep, I was assured I would have the full box sent to me in 2-5 days. She said something about checking to see if the warehouse had it and she said I could put the primer in my selection again. So I assumed it would be smooth sailing from then on. 

I got an email the next day (a general email not from the service rep) that my order was on backorder. I thought the primer would take a few days to get in my box or something. Nope apparently, they expected me to call them for a replacement item. When I emailed back the CS rep who told me it'd be fine to include the primer, she never emailed me back. But Sheila (the rep) was very nice otherwise on the phone. The same email got a response from someone else from the team though. 

Anyway these are the items I ordered again. If anyone has tried any of the items, I'd love your feedback on them :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1) 3LAB M Creme
2) 
Raw Natural Beauty Raw Skincare Ambiaty Eye Treatment
3) Cures By Avance Age Defyer Eye
4) 
Canyon Ranch Your Transformation Balance Light Weight Moisture
5) iQ Derma Clear Remedy Purifying Cleanser 
6) Glytone Acne Self-Foaming Cleanser
7) Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray
8) Lisa Hoffman Beauty Night and Day 2 Vitamin A and C Serum (replacement)

No idea. When I ordered I didn't see it listed as discontinued. Also found out that the Canyon Ranch item is also discontinued.

Back