Dermstore's Beautyfix: 2nd quarter selections

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted in the other Beauty Fix thread, but I'll put it here too.  I got my box 2 days ago =D

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle Soothing Anti-Wrinkle 1.6 oz (Full Size) - $15.26

Jonathan Product Finish Control HS Flexible Hairspray 10 oz (Full Size) - $30

Goldfaden Daily Scrub 0.5 oz (Travel Size) - estimated $16.25

Chella Enzyme Exfoliating Crema Mask 2.5 oz (Full Size) - $60

LaRocca C-Gold Reparative Primer 1 oz (Full Size) - $90

Kinerase Photofacials Cleanser 2 oz (Sample Size) - estimated $16

Kinerase Photofacials Night Moisturizer 1 oz (Sample Size) - estimated $52

DermaQuest Skin Vitalight 2oz (Full Size) - $63

BeautyFix Large Cosmetics Bag - $20

Total Box Value = ~ $362

hey guys just a heads up, if you ordered this season with either code, make sure to check that they charged you the correct amount.  I just checked my credit card and they charged me the full $49.99 even though I had a coupon code that was accepted when I ordered.

hey guys just a heads up, if you ordered this season with either code, make sure to check that they charged you the correct amount.  I just checked my credit card and they charged me the full $49.99 even though I had a coupon code that was accepted when I ordered.
Same thing happened to me.

2nd time they did it to me.  Happened when I ordered for the Winter season too.  I emailed them but no response from cs yet =/

Originally Posted by livelifeeasy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same thing happened to me.

2nd time they did it to me.  Happened when I ordered for the Winter season too.  I emailed them but no response from cs yet =/  
It took them probably 2 days to get back to me. They returned $30 back to my checking account.

They replied this morning.  It was a really impersonal, template style response though cause it's the exact same thing they said to me the first time.  I love BeautyFix, but their cs is making me hesitant to continue with them.

Originally Posted by livelifeeasy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It took them probably 2 days to get back to me. They returned $30 back to my checking account.

I included a question about why the DermaQuest Skin Vitalight was listed as discontinued on the Dermstore site in an email about my order. A CS rep gave me a concise answer:   "According to our records, the item "Skin Vitalight by DermaQuest" shows to have a stock of this item only reserved for Beautyfix as the stock that was reserved to Dermstore is sold out with no replenish date for this reason it will show as discontinued."   So.. I guess looking to see if a product is available on Dermstore to make sure Beautyfix still has it isn't a 100% fool-proof way to make sure your order isn't backordered (that is if they always have two different stocks of the same product for the separate branches).   The CS isn't too hot overall but if they keep the policy of skipping seasons, I think BF is still a worthwhile subscription.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My charge cleared as $29.99.
smile.gif

I too was charged correctly only I paid $19.99.

I hope that the Canyon Ranch Your Transformation moisturizer is truly not discontinued, because I love it. I've used it every morning for the last week as my moisturizer before I put on makeup and it's the perfect amount of moisture for me, pre primers. It soaks right in and my makeup looks fab all day! I'm really in love with it and hope it's still there next time too! I'll have to post a pic of my Beautyfix box of goodies. <3

It's still showing up on the Canyon Ranch website as a normal product. http://www.canyonranch.com/products/skin_care/  I'm wondering if the products are actually being discontinued by the brands themselves, or if perhaps it's just Dermstore that will no longer carry them?  Same with Skin Vitalight, too: http://www.dermaquestinc.com/products/therapeutic-care/skin-vitalight.html

(although it's kind of really dumb to have a product in your sample kit then not sell more in your stores ...that's part of the point of this type of advertising, isn't it? *shrug*)

Here is my second Beautyfix box (spring selection). I'm in love with absolutely everything in this shipment, but the Kronos spray. It just doesn't do anything special, IMO. I wish I chose something else. I haven't used the Kronos hair kit yet, I hope I like it better than their spray. The Nailtiques protein is FAB! My nails have been crazy strong! It's my second time getting the 3LAB cleansing foam, really heart it. It works super well with my skin. The surprise in this box for me was definitely that Canyon Ranch moisturizer. And, as a bonus, it has no parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, alcohol, added color, and is not tested on animals. I'm shockingly thrilled with it as my AM moisturizer. My other new love is that Exuviance mask! It puts all other peel off masks I've used in the past to shame. My skin was super moisturized after and GLOWED!

My Mom also has a sub with Beautyfix, but wanted to skip, so I paid for it and got hers as well. 
icon_lol.gif
 Will post that later. Wish I got a second Canyon Ranch. ugh!

Dang I was really debating on getting the exuviance mask and decided against it. Now I wish I had gotten it =

Here is my second Beautyfix box (spring selection). I'm in love with absolutely everything in this shipment, but the Kronos spray. It just doesn't do anything special, IMO. I wish I chose something else. I haven't used the Kronos hair kit yet, I hope I like it better than their spray. The Nailtiques protein is FAB! My nails have been crazy strong! It's my second time getting the 3LAB cleansing foam, really heart it. It works super well with my skin. The surprise in this box for me was definitely that Canyon Ranch moisturizer. And, as a bonus, it has no parabens, mineral oil, petroleum, alcohol, added color, and is not tested on animals. I'm shockingly thrilled with it as my AM moisturizer. My other new love is that Exuviance mask! It puts all other peel off masks I've used in the past to shame. My skin was super moisturized after and GLOWED!

Originally Posted by FireNRice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang I was really debating on getting the exuviance mask and decided against it. Now I wish I had gotten it =

Guurrrrrl, do not hesitate next time if you see it there. It's fantastic! Even my spousal unit commented on how my face glowed.

You can read some reviews on Ulta about it:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=5013734&productId=prod5013734&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80187

I really couldn't believe how soft this mask left my face. I didn't expect that out of a gel peel off mask.

I got the Kronos kit and loved it so much that I used my $25 off $50 Dermstore coupon to buy all the products in it at full size. They're on sale for $15 apiece this week, so I couldn't pass it up!

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't used the Kronos hair kit yet, I hope I like it better than their spray.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Kronos kit and loved it so much that I used my $25 off $50 Dermstore coupon to buy all the products in it at full size. They're on sale for $15 apiece this week, so I couldn't pass it up!

Yay! I'll try my Kronos kit tonight and if I loooooves I will use my Beautyfix $25 off $50 (for doing this season's surveys) on the full size ones on sale. Thanks. 

Got my box last night! I haven't gotten to try much of it, but what I have tried (iq derma, lisa hoffman serum) I'm really happy with. I have to stop myself from slathering all of it onto my face at once to try out:) I did an unboxing video on my blog, but I'll try to review here as I try more things.

AHHHHHH 
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif
 There's so many things I wanted this season... maybe I should just sign up for another box!

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guurrrrrl, do not hesitate next time if you see it there. It's fantastic! Even my spousal unit commented on how my face glowed.

You can read some reviews on Ulta about it:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=5013734&productId=prod5013734&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80187

I really couldn't believe how soft this mask left my face. I didn't expect that out of a gel peel off mask.

Back