Did you exercise today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mrs_livingstone married to a fitness-freak,has turned me to a fitness whore
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i play badminton twice a week,gym anytime i want as i'm a flltime housewife

taebo on sunday and aerobic sometimes

they all make me more energetic
icon_wink.gif

icon_lol.gif
aww Mrs.. I started going to gym this week. Try to make it a habit, 3x a week. I have went on monday, wednesday and hopefully this friday.
Today, I recycled for ~30minutes. Oh boy, I am really out of shaped. After cycling, my legs felt like jello
icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe do elliptical on friday
icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted by snj
icon_lol.gif
aww Mrs.. I started going to gym this week. Try to make it a habit, 3x a week. I have went on monday, wednesday and hopefully this friday.
Today, I recycled for ~30minutes. Oh boy, I am really out of shaped. After cycling, my legs felt like jello
icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe do elliptical on friday
icon_cool.gif

Good for you!! it will get easier with time
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well today I am aching! Last night after my karate class was over, one of my classmates convinced me to hang out longer and we did sit ups, crunches, leg work, jump rope, target practice (I pretended the target was a co-worker - LOL) and today I am SORE!!!! She worked me like a drill sargent (what are friends for?)
icon_lol.gif

I'm going to try to be good today and not eat any junk. When the holidays roll around, we get so many boxes of cookies, cakes and chocolates and I feel so disgusted with myself for pigging out.

Well - - -> now its time to get back on track!

Karate class sounds fun...I would love to learn some martial arts, but don't want to be hit, lol.
icon_redface.gif

I've kinda slacked on the workouts at the gym so I am going today to the Salsa/sculpt class. Too many friends taking me out to holiday dinners lately!

Originally Posted by rosebeauty34 Karate class sounds fun...I would love to learn some martial arts, but don't want to be hit, lol.
icon_redface.gif

I've kinda slacked on the workouts at the gym so I am going today to the Salsa/sculpt class. Too many friends taking me out to holiday dinners lately!

How is that class?We have something called latin impact here but i am new so i havent tried it yet.
smile.gif

The salsa class is a lot of fun so you don't feel like it is hard work, well, for me not until the last 15 min, then I am huffing and puffing.
icon_lol.gif

I like to mix up my workouts with easier classes and high impact classes like step. It is a bit easier on my body that way and it is a good way to get your aerobic capacity up.

Today I did a FIRM video (Ultimate Calorie Blaster - a kick-butt cardio workout!) and did lifted weights. My official off-week has ended, and I'm back into my normal routine. Although, I am taking it a bit easy. Or easier, I should say. I think I was killing myself before!

Originally Posted by rosebeauty34 Karate class sounds fun...I would love to learn some martial arts, but don't want to be hit, lol.
icon_redface.gif
Ours is a non-contact style and it focuses mainly on self defense, accidents happen, but there's protective gear. I don't like to get hit either - lol
I get a pretty good workout just kicking or punching the bag/target.

I never really wanted to learn karate, but I'm fascinated with boxing, so I'd love to take a boxing/kickboxing training class, the non-contact kind of course.
smile.gif
I too don't like to be hit. I just want to learn how to properly punch.
smile.gif

Well, this morning I woke up early and did 4.25 miles on the treadmill. It was really my only chance to do it today so I went ahead and did it first thing. It seems almost crazy to me to arise from sleep and hop on the treadmill and jog that long, but I seem to be getting used to it. Plus, it's a much better stimulant than coffee!!!!

I ran again today, and yesterday and the day before. yay for me. Yesterday was really difficult because it was soooo cold that the air felt like it was burning my lungs. I cut that one short. I need to get something to cover my mouth when the weather is that cold. I think it would help warm the air a little before I breath it.

Good job to everyone for being commited to their workouts.
claps.gif

A lot of them sound pretty fun. Karate, boxing, salsa dancing! I love that show Ballroom Bootcamp!

I SUCK AT WORKING OUT
frown.gif

seriously, I have been to the gym maybe 20 times in my life... and had maybe 10 gym memberships (2 visits per 6 months and much $$$)

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Getting to the gym is just so hard for me!! I have no muscle and I am afraid of people and the outside.

As I was mentioning below, I started working out for a half hour to an hour after my martial arts class. The martial arts class isn't really aerobic so we don't burn enough calories to notice a difference. This friend of mine in class offered to stay after our class and work out together doing sit ups, push ups, jump roping, kicking and punching a target and I was so sore the next day. We did this three times last week and I actually felt good. Its true what they say, its good to have a partner to help otivate you. That's what I needed. It also helps that I'm not paying for a personal trainer although its like having one. When I feel tired, she yells at me or says stuff to make me keep going (like a drill sargent). We laugh about it later but it helps!!

I have a bad cold now and I don't feel energetic enough but I tell you - this works! GET A PARTNER!!

Great job Amethyst!! And you're right, working out with a partner can really help you stay motivated and contribute to fab results!!

I did 4.33 miles on the treadmill today. I don't workout on my treadmill on the weekends, and it's always amazing to me how much harder I can work on Mondays.
smile.gif

i did an hour of elyptical machine today with some upper body weights.

i put Xmas lights on a tree outside, was helping a friend, it was quite a workout! shoveled some snow!

Shoveling snow can be quite a workout!!

I did an aerobics video today and lifted some weights. I actually woke up early this morning so I could split up my routine. I HATE doing them back-to-back. I'm able to work much harder and more efficiently when I split them up.
smile.gif

Today I actually woke up early again and did 4.3 miles on the treadmill. I was only going to do 2, but kept on going. I tend to do that a lot. I go in thinking I'm not going to push myself that hard, and then I always do.
smile.gif
It feels good though getting my workout done that early. I love knowing I have the rest of the day to do what I need to do without having to worry about when to fit in a workout. Now, if I can just get up every day!!

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 Today I actually woke up early again and did 4.3 miles on the treadmill. I was only going to do 2, but kept on going. I tend to do that a lot. I go in thinking I'm not going to push myself that hard, and then I always do.
smile.gif
It feels good though getting my workout done that early. I love knowing I have the rest of the day to do what I need to do without having to worry about when to fit in a workout. Now, if I can just get up every day!! thats great, i wish i can go just a mile lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back