Did you exercise today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i usually swim once or twice a week but i havent been able to for a while due to deadlines and now my surgery. i miss it, my ass is going flabby
frown.gif

Going to salsa aerobics today....I think I am starting to get the hang of the moves. The instructor speaks spanish sometimes or I can't understand her because suddenly everyone will be turned around in the room but me, funny

icon_razz.gif

OK, I know this is supposed to be my exercise week-off, but it's so hard for me to go the entire week without some sort of structured exercise! (I guess I just feel blah if I don't move my body!!) So I did 2 FIRM videos from their new TransFIRMer system. I did Jiggle Free Arms and Jiggle Free Buns. They're only 30 minutes, so it made for a GREAT hour workout combining aerobics and weight training. I'm definitely taking the week off of my treadmill though. I love cardio, but 5 days a week can get mundane!!

Again, I just had to exercise today!! I did an hour aerobics and strength traning video. It wasn't that much, but man, it's hard to not do anything!

Today I did two FIRM videos, one cardio, and the other sculpt. Yesterday I did 4.67 miles on the treadmill. (I was going to go for an even 5, but was REALLY ready to get off the stupid thing, lol!)

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 Today I did two FIRM videos, one cardio, and the other sculpt. Yesterday I did 4.67 miles on the treadmill. (I was going to go for an even 5, but was REALLY ready to get off the stupid thing, lol!) my god! i wish i had your energy to work out, were you always like that?

nope didn't exercise today, but yesterday i did some pilates and some weights.

today i walked for 40 min. did some lunges and squats, ih and i worked out my abs.
event.png

Originally Posted by jennycateyez my god! i wish i had your energy to work out, were you always like that? No way!!!! I used to workout before I had my son, but I always hated it. When I had him, I had to workout again to lose the weight I gained with him. The key is to only do as much as you can. Everyone says you have to do a minimum of 30 minutes a day, but that can be discouraging when you're just starting and 30 minutes is killer! Just do as much as you can, even if it's only 10 minutes. Or just make small changes like parking further away at the grocery store. That's what I did. And don't kill yourself!! The great thing about exercise is the more you do, the more you can do. I started out slow and easy, and now I work out 6 days a week. I've been serious about fitness now for a year, so this has definitely been a progressive thing. And, I'm now smaller than I was before I was pregnant. (Although I still want to lose another 10 pounds.)

i worked out yesterday. did 2 rounds of 30 mins on the elyptical machine which turned out to be 5 miles. and did some upper body weights

today i did the same thing on the elyptical. but the second half i did a different program. and then i did squats and lower back and leg stuff

i just bought a gym membership yesterday...at this awesome gym that is really nice and comfortable and is open 24 hours! i never work out...but i am really going to start and stick to it. my mom works out, my mom works out, and my brother is a professional athlete, and i am the only lazy unhealthy person in my family!

I've been doing much better about exercising.
claps.gif

I kept saying I would but always made excuses. But last week and this week I hve been running at lunchtime. Just about 20min +/-

Feels good and no more excuse about it getting dark out. It's been cold but sunny here. Hope to build back up to 60 + mins of running. I notice this week my joints and muscles aren't as sore. That's progress in my book
icon_cheesygrin.gif

This thread should help me keep on track!

Originally Posted by jessica9 i am the only lazy unhealthy person in my family! lol!
icon_lol.gif

You're cute!

I did my 10 mile bikeride on the boardwalk in Huntington Beach today...it was so beautiful!!!

Rima

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 No way!!!! I used to workout before I had my son, but I always hated it. When I had him, I had to workout again to lose the weight I gained with him. The key is to only do as much as you can. Everyone says you have to do a minimum of 30 minutes a day, but that can be discouraging when you're just starting and 30 minutes is killer! Just do as much as you can, even if it's only 10 minutes. Or just make small changes like parking further away at the grocery store. That's what I did. And don't kill yourself!! The great thing about exercise is the more you do, the more you can do. I started out slow and easy, and now I work out 6 days a week. I've been serious about fitness now for a year, so this has definitely been a progressive thing. And, I'm now smaller than I was before I was pregnant. (Although I still want to lose another 10 pounds.) oh wow so you complety changed eveything, thats so good, i really need to be like you! thank you for the advice, im going to start of slow and actually use my treadmill lol

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 No way!!!! I used to workout before I had my son, but I always hated it. When I had him, I had to workout again to lose the weight I gained with him. The key is to only do as much as you can. Everyone says you have to do a minimum of 30 minutes a day, but that can be discouraging when you're just starting and 30 minutes is killer! Just do as much as you can, even if it's only 10 minutes. Or just make small changes like parking further away at the grocery store. That's what I did. And don't kill yourself!! The great thing about exercise is the more you do, the more you can do. I started out slow and easy, and now I work out 6 days a week. I've been serious about fitness now for a year, so this has definitely been a progressive thing. And, I'm now smaller than I was before I was pregnant. (Although I still want to lose another 10 pounds.) Grace, you are an inspiration!
claps.gif
I do go to the gym, but struggle to get there 3 times a week. Reading this thread has made me want to do more, and realise that if somebody who has a little kid to look after can fit that much in, so can I! Way to go girl, keep telling us what you're doing and maybe more people will be able to get motivated....

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 Did you get a workout in? If so, what did you do?
Today was a treadmill day so I jogged on my treadmill for two 30 minute sessions...one this morning and one this afternoon. During the week, I alterate the FIRM videos with the treadmill.

What do you do to workout??

married to a fitness-freak,has turned me to a fitness whore
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i play badminton twice a week,gym anytime i want as i'm a flltime housewife

taebo on sunday and aerobic sometimes

they all make me more energetic
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by clairey Grace, you are an inspiration!
claps.gif
I do go to the gym, but struggle to get there 3 times a week. Reading this thread has made me want to do more, and realise that if somebody who has a little kid to look after can fit that much in, so can I! Way to go girl, keep telling us what you're doing and maybe more people will be able to get motivated.... Aww, thank you!! I knew that I had to do something about my pregnancy weight gain, so I made the decision to do it. It really is a decision. If you really want something bad enough, you'lll make the time, otherwise, you'll just make an excuse! I get up at 5 AM if I have to.
And BTW, this thread really helps me too. It keeps me accountable. I'm just so glad people are getting as much out of it as I am!!

Originally Posted by GraceGirl7 Aww, thank you!! I knew that I had to do something about my pregnancy weight gain, so I made the decision to do it. It really is a decision. If you really want something bad enough, you'lll make the time, otherwise, you'll just make an excuse! I get up at 5 AM if I have to.
And BTW, this thread really helps me too. It keeps me accountable. I'm just so glad people are getting as much out of it as I am!!

I agree,this thread reminds me to get my big butt to the gym,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I just got back from the gym,i did 40 min on the treadmil on a 4.5 incline.

My thighs are burning
claps.gif

Back