Do you sit or stand???.....and where?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
do you sit or stand to do your hair and makeup???

I sit on the toilet for both and I have a 3 tiered cart that I pull up in front of me. I take waaay too long to stand the whole time!!

How about you??

edit: my bathroom has a window across from the toilet!!!

I sit in front of my back window. It has the best light. I take a long time too. I'm not rushing to get anywhere, just having fun. Hair I do in the bathroom. With the flat iron I kind of have to. Great question. I was wonder about others myself.

I take a long time too but prefer standing. I do my hair in the bathroom and my makeup in my bedroom. Right now I use the mirror that's built into my dresser cabinet but I hate leaning over because it hurts my back so Chris is in the process of building me something for my makeup. I dunno how to describe it exactly but it's gonna be awesome and i'll show y'all when he's finished.

I stand in front of the bathroom mirror and average time it takes me to do my make-up is 20 minutes.

I wish I had a lighted vanity to sit at with all my makeup spread out before me...but I don't.

I stand in my cramped bathroom and put it on. One day I'll get that vanity.

I sit on my couch when I do my makeup, there is some good natural light in my living room, and I stand to do my hair in the bathroom.

I sit when I do my makeup in my sofa near the window so that there will be sufficent light for me!

I stand at my bathroom vanity to do my hair, but I like to spread all my MU on my coffe table and do it in the living room. I have lots of natural light coming in through the windows there, and it always helps when doing my makeup. I have a mirror that stands on it's own, and I just set it on the coffee table and sit down in front of it. I have a makeup table at my mom's that I keep trying to remember to get, but I keep forgetting.
doh.gif

i stand to do my make up in my bathroom, and i do my hair in my living room sitting down by the tv, so i can watch tv and do my hair!

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you sit or stand to do your hair and makeup???I sit on the toilet for both and I have a 3 tiered cart that I pull up in front of me. I take waaay too long to stand the whole time!!

How about you??

edit: my bathroom has a window across from the toilet!!!

I sit on the toilet too,
rotfl.gif
Well... I stand at my bathroom mirror over the sink and do my foundation and whatnot, and then sit on the toilet [i stuck a little mirror up on the wall beside it] and do my eye/lip stuff. I wish I had somewhere I could do my makeup in natural light, but my bedroom only has a tiny tiny window
frown.gif

I do it standing up and in my bedroom because there is more light coming in in that room.

I do both, depends on where I am. It never affected my application no matter if I am sitting or standing for makeup or hair.

i sit by the window on my vanity stool w/ my makeup/brushes laid out on the vanity table. but i use a magnifying mirror to do my makeup and use the vanity mirror for overall look or do my hair.

I do both my hair and makeup in my bedroom. There's a huge mirror above my dresser, so I keep my flat iron and curling/waving irons on my dresser and stand in front of my dresser to do my hair.

For makeup, I sit at my desk next to a window. I keep all my makeup in/on my desk.
smile.gif

i stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom, but it's all artificial light, so i usually do my mu in the corridor outside the bathroom, where i can catch some sunlight. sometimes i do it in my bedroom but i don't have a good mirror so it depends on how much time i can spend on mu.

i stand i front of my bathroom mirror for both. by the time i'm done i have indentations in my thighs from leaning forward. lmao~

Back