Do you sit or stand???.....and where?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do mine in the bathroom while standing. Yay.
frown.gif

I stand and do my hair. Then depending on my mood, I either sit on the toilet or stand in the bathroom and do my makeup. I wish I had room in my bedroom for a makeup table.

Currently I stand in my bathroom at the mirror and do my hair and makeup.

However one day I will have a vanity where I can sit and do my makeup and hair.

I just stand at the bathroom counter, it doesn't take me *that* long to do hair and makeup (30-45 minutes, depending on if I flat iron my hair or not), and besides, I spend my whole day sitting in an office chair, so standing a while in the morning probably does me some good!
smile.gif

Plus, if I sat down, I'd still have to keep jumping up to get the cats off the counter and out of the laundry rack
wink.gif
They love to "help" me do my makeup....

I sit on a stool and have a magnified stand mirror on the counter in front of me. I used to sit ON the counter with my feet in the sink and lean forward to the mirror, but that got old after a while!!

It is all artificial light, but Rob took out the incandescent bulbs in the bathroom and instead put in halogen ones that are more true to natural light for me!!

I have to stand so that I can see in my mirror for hair and makeup, but when I brush my teeth I sit on a chair in my bathroom!

i sit on the floor infront of a big tall mirror and do my make up and hair der but on e day 4got that i had my hair iron behind me and i put m,y hand bak to get up and it landed on the hair iron....
frown.gif
that wuz a fun day at skoo

Originally Posted by broken /img/forum/go_quote.gif In my bathroom, standing up.
iagree.gif
dito.gif

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you sit or stand to do your hair and makeup???I sit on the toilet for both and I have a 3 tiered cart that I pull up in front of me. I take waaay too long to stand the whole time!!

How about you??

edit: my bathroom has a window across from the toilet!!!

I sit on a computer chair in front of my makeup desk, and my makeup mirror....works better then standing especially if your doing alot of makeup! I would faint!
ill.gif

I have a vanity and a mirror that sits on the vanity.. I want to get a good magnifying mirror. I do get some natural sunlight in my room, but not as much as I need sometimes..

I like to stand. I don't know why, but I feel like I have more control when I stand. Plus, I don't want to get too comfortable, because then I'll probably take longer too, and I'll have to wake up earlier and I can't do that. Oh, and I usually do my makeup and hair in my bedroom, because it has the best natural light in the morning, since it faces east. One of these days I'll get myself a nice little vanity to sit infront of.

Hmmm sometimes I bring my handheld mirror outside and do my makeup in the natural light.

I usually do both at my vanity table but always check myself in the bathroom mirror when i'm done.

I don't have a set place...I just follow where the best natural light is, and apply there...depends on what time of day it is...usually bathroom, or lounge room.I always do my hair standing up in bathroom, though, as it has all my products and best mirror for that.

I sit at my kitchen table to do my makeup, using a handheld mirror, and do my hair standing up in the bathroom in front of the mirror.

I sit in front of the computer desk (in my room) that has all my makeup goodies on the shelves. I'd love to do my makeup in the bathroom as the mirror is a lot bigger, but the fact is that I am living with my in-laws and do not want to occupy the bathroom for the whole morning(or even half an hour) to do my makeup as everyone needs to use it. (There is another shower room in my in-laws bedroom, but that's for them to use it)

That's why I've always been dreaming of my own bathroom...I'll have it eventually...

Back