Down the Indie Rabbit Hole

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heyyy, speaking of distributing, anyone remember who was going to do Little Sparrow? Dreamworld Hermetica, right? FB hates me and refuses to let me find the info (although that might be user error, blah. <_< )
Yes, Dreamworld Hermetica will be carrying Little Sparrow soonish? Probably after February 1st when the site reopens.

I am anxiously awaiting the Dreamworld Hermetica reopening.  Not only so that I can get my Little Sparrow fix (come to me Orang Crush full size lippie) but I am super excited that she is supposed to be real easing a liquid foundation that will have the same color matching she has available in powder form.  I have gotten a little too old and dry for powder foundations to work for me anymore and I am so, so excited about the possibilities here.

Question: 

Do we think the single indie swap thread is still ok, or do we want to do separate threads for different subscriptions? 

Just one thread, please! All the new threads are making my head spin, and if someone wants to trade some Hello Waffle for some Notoriously Morbid, it'd be easier to find it in just one thread!
Yeah, plus there's only 3 pages in 5 months and not much activity at all so far :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I vote one thread (if I even have a vote, I feel invisible). It is hard to nativagate multiple threads, and many people have swaps from multiple indies.

I vote one thread (if I even have a vote, I feel invisible). It is hard to nativagate multiple threads, and many people have swaps from multiple indies.
 I'm pretty sure anyone devoting time to reading this massive thread gets a vote :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also vote keep it one thread for now.

I think one thread works just fine! 

I'm also pretty pumped to have Little Sparrow back. The colors I have from her are beautiful and her lip jellies are the best!

I saw a really pretty matte pastel look on Instagram. Are there any indie brands I can look at for something like this?

I saw a really pretty matte pastel look on Instagram. Are there any indie brands I can look at for something like this?
First one that comes to mind is Darling Girl, she has a lot of pastels, but I don't know how many are matte. Actually I do, because she has a link for all her mattes! Other than that though, I can't think of many matte pastels from indies. Blackbird has the mattes, but no pastels.

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics does a whole line of mattes. I've never tried them personally, but they do have a pastel selection. 
Dawn Eyes eyeshadows are amazing!  Just fair warning, her website is kind of hard to navigate, it's very outdated.  Just contact the store owner via email or FB if you're having issues, she'll be more than happy to help you find what you need!

Dawn Eyes eyeshadows are amazing! Just fair warning, her website is kind of hard to navigate, it's very outdated. Just contact the store owner via email or FB if you're having issues, she'll be more than happy to help you find what you need!
Super fast shipping too. Love dawn eyes. I find her website cute in an "awwww 1996" kind of way, but it is a pain in the ass to order from.

Frikken grrrrrrrrr x 1000 - not having PayPal has severely curtailed my indie shopping. :scared: Until I can get hubby to load money into the account I forced made for him, I can't shop at Alchemic Muse, Aromaleigh, Cocoa Pink, Hello Waffle... those are just the ones I currently have lists at.

I'm crying, here, I'm crying. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm thinking of starting a "Have You Tried This Brand"? thread but I feel like one was already made. Thoughts? Not reviewing brands, but asking about really obscure brands

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of starting a "Have You Tried This Brand"? thread but I feel like one was already made. Thoughts? Not reviewing brands, but asking about really obscure brands
I like it, I think there are a lot of obscure indies that no one has tried simply because they don't know they exist or because they have never heard anything about how the product or the business practices are. 

Funny you mention this since we were just talking about them, but Little Sparrow had some beautiful matte pastel shades. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to know more about some of the super tiny Etsy shops I see. Usually if it isn't for a larger indie giving them a shout-out, I would never know they exist!

Back