ELF makeup - Overrated?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ELF is a great brand for testing trendy colors (greens, purples, really dark nail colors, for example), before committing to a more expensive brand. At $1, you really can try a few different categories before deciding.

My favorites are the eyeliner, lip glosses, shimmer cream and the mascara. You really can't go wrong with these in my opinion.

I have to say that I love their mineral eyeshadows. They have great colors and stay well with UDPP. They do cost $3 instead of the $1, but you do get alot for that price. The mineral blush is nice too. I got in for free shipping. I also love the brushes and got the $12 full set for 50% off. Can't go wrong with a sale like that.

the only thing I liked was the bronzer. It waaaay too pigmented and loose sometimes tho, so it has to be done with an extremely light hand..

I didnt' like the bronzer, the cheek/eye/lip stick.

The lipglosses over a lipstick were good, the trio e/s was pretty good, and I like the really bubblegum pink squeeze gloss I love right now.

i only purchased from them once.. i had a coupon for like, 7 dollars off a purchase of 14 or more.. i threw everything out except for the palletes, lotion(which isnt one dollar) and a blending brush and eyeliner brush..

i dont care much for their products, but although their tools seem to be alright for first timers...but ive noticed once u got to higher brands u dont seem to want to go backwards lol

yeah i dont know why there making a big deal about it alot of gurus on youtube claim that the brand is good but i dont care to much for it..it doesnt blend well and doesnt stay on it brushes on and the brushes off I DONT LIKE IT

I like the eye shadow quads for the price I have found they stay nicely on my lids.

Ive bought their stuff.

Their make up is not at all good quality.

The only thing i like are their eyeshadow brushes and blending brushes. They're not the best brushes, but they do the job.

I don't think it is overpriced. I think it is overrated based on the raves including a review from a makeup artist. Made me believe it was good stuff.

it even made it on the oprahs best bang for your buck makeup cosmetics lol...i got the mascara it was good...i dont know i doubt the eyeshadow is pigmented enough for my dark skin

I guess I'm also in the minority. I wouldn't say that they are the greatest brand out there but they have quite a few things that I do like.

I like their hypershine glosses, palletes, eyelash curler and bronzers. The eyeshadow quads are pretty good for colors you want to try. I haven't tried their brushes but have heard good things for a couple of them.

Overall I like a few of the products but wouldn't any of the products HG.

I haven't tried it yet, but given the low price point, it would factor heavily into my consideration as far as expectations were concerned. I don't think it's overrated, I think the expectations for $1 makeup were too high. LOL Very rarely (if ever) do you find very high quality for very low prices.

i agree with most people, their accessories are the way to go and i love the quads because unlike mac they have a mirror in them and theyre 1$

I gave ELF a try too. For $1 each, I figured why not? Plus, I got my online shopping fix for the day!
wink.gif
I have to admit I didn't love any of what I got, but I'll probably order again here and there.

I like their eyelash curler (b/c I always like the cheap ones) but their brushes fall apart - but then again they are only $1.....I have tried their eyeshadows (just ok), bronzer (a little better) and lipglosses (depending on the formula - they don't last long).....Oh - and their mini eye makeup remover circles are great for travel!

Back