ELF makeup - Overrated?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the lipgloss one time..it looked good but my gosh it smelled too strong and some got into my mouth and the taste was horrible but i do like their line of brushes like for eyeshadow and stuff great price

I think I would try their tools cuz it seems that people loves their tools but agree that the makeup is not good. Though, I have searched 3 Big lots and could only find the ELF makeup. The ELF web site's store locator and description is so inaccurate. They say there are ELF tools at the Big Lots that I went too but I never seen them.

Originally Posted by evening_star /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't like a single solitary thing I bought from them. Like a dumbass, I ordered like $27 bucks worth of stuff instead of buying 3 or 4 things and trying it out first! And ALL OF IT went into the garbage. Really disappointing. Ditto that! It will be a long, long time before I'll be tempted by E.L.F. products (if ever at all)! They were just that bad. I don't care how cheap they are - if a product is unusable, even $1 is too much to pay for in my book.

Some of the products are really nice. I LOVE the butternut eyeshadow, eyelash curler, blush brush, super glossy lip shine, luscious liquid lipstick, concealer, all over concealer stick, blush (in glow; duplicate for NARS' Orgasm
smile.gif
), EYESHADOW BRUSH, mineral lipsticks, mineral booster (mineral veil at 5 bucks, haha!) and foundation, and custom eyeshadow/face/lip pallete + their custom eyeshadows. Those are sooo much more than worth their price, I'm not even gonna lie. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean some of it can't be amazing.
smile.gif

They sell some stuff at the biglots in my town, but their selection there is VERY limited. :/ So $7 shipping for me! (Plus ELF always has those great coupon codes.)
smile.gif

I wouldnt buy their make-up, but i am interested in the elf studio brushes. Has anyone purchased those?

I have purchased their entire line of studio brushes and love them!  They are super soft and application is great, plus you can't beat the price.

i luv the brushes as well, for one dollar you can take the extra time to say, blend your eyeshadow, I mean its One Dollar ya know?  Besides most of us can't spend 25.00 on one brush

if thats all you had couldn't you make it work though, I mean some people don't have alot but want to look nice too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Nicole86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldnt buy their make-up, but i am interested in the elf studio brushes. Has anyone purchased those?

Two thumbs up - and try to get them during one of the -50% sales.

Some of them seem useless to me but I love my studio  powder brush and kabuki, stippler and complexion brush are also good, angled blender and eyeliner too.

But one thing should be kept in mind - elf has serious quality issues. A friend got a powder brush that shed, another had a brush with a loose ferrule and the handle came off, handles are of different lenghts in different batches etc. But $1,5 for a brush that is soft, does not shed and works? HG material I tell you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have never tried e.l.f. products, but that is because I have never come across them where I live before.

There are a few things I want to try, that I have heard good reviews about.

My sister just found a 64 shadow / combo palette, at Christmas and she loves it.

I've found ELF products in Winners as gift sets and ELF $1 brushes - eyeshadow and blush at Dollar Giant here in Vancouver. I usually just buy them at their site when they have 50%, 60% or 75% off sales.  I do like their HD powder.  Its pretty decent.  I also like their studio line brushes and their $1 eyeshadow brushes.  Most of their products have that caveat-   you get what you pay for.

I love ELF products. Their Studio blushes are amazing and I love their dollar waterproof eyeliner pens. I think the eyeliner pens are my favorite. They stay on all day with no running and the black one is really black. I just placed two orders with elf. Can't wait to get all my stuff!

Thanks!  Where get i get that 50% off discount? 

Ill def look into the studio brushes, ive heard the same thingg about the the brushes sheding, but after it sheds a lil it doesnt anymore right?.

Originally Posted by Nicole86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks!  Where get i get that 50% off discount? 

You just have to check the site regularly. You can probably sign up for a newsletter to notify you of specials too. I get a lot of emails from them, but that's because I've already purchased their products. They always have some sort of sale going, so don't feel like you have to act now or else you will miss out. If the current deal isn't something that really appeals to you, just wait a week and there will likely be a new sale.

Originally Posted by AarenK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have purchased their entire line of studio brushes and love them!  They are super soft and application is great, plus you can't beat the price.

Not to derail, but if you're interested in really great brushes for a cheap price, I love Eco Tools.  You can get them at most drugstores like Rite Aid or CVS.

Back